Trailer Trash

Finally Fridaily (Read 24 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning! Miles planned tonight, tomorrow and Sunday! Tomorrow will be a road trip to Pinckney, near Hell (MI). Trails are hilly and a little gnarley. Hoping to spend the whole day out hiking and running.

QOTD: Any big races or dream runs planned for this year? I hope to run DWD Gnaw Bone in May, and a 50 mile Margi Gesic in the UP in September. Other than that...I just want to do long runs in fun places...yet to be determined.

I hope everyone has a great day! Dpc3, this is a great place to be, welcome back. There are folks here with amazing and consistent running...I am trying to be like them.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Gator eye

Moon - isn't the Margi Gesic a bike race?

QOTD: I' still lookin for a couple race to do this year, I want to do different races than the same old same old I usually do every year.

Oh yeah, rest day. Hopin to go longish tomorrow

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today for me as well.

Moon - Happy belated birthday. Enjoy your birthday present to yourself, but technically VFF"s are gloves and not shoes. 

QOTD:  A Trailer Trash mini-reunion at the Montour 24 Hr Race in May.  After that, I don't know, maybe some adventures instead of planned races.  Will probably do a Quad Sate AT run sometime this summer with a friend and maybe DW.  Start in PA, run all 40 miles in MD, run the 4 AT miles in WV and finish in VA.  Usually 46-50 miles depending on where we start and end.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Gym day at lunch, then 5 or so out on the trails on the easy side of the lake this evening. Ho hum. Not sure of running plans this weekend. I was hoping to head down to see my buddy and run some miles at White Clay Creek, but he has the crud. So I will probably stay local for my run.

QOTD: I haven't thought about races or running dreams this year yet. I do dream of getting back to my normal running self. Seeing I've run 11 days in a row, maybe I'm getting there. I would like to run a 50k this year at least, and do a running trip someplace new, or out west. I am going to see how I fare at Whispering Pines next month before making any firm plans.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

moonlightrunner

They have 100 mile and 50 mile ultra runs with the bike races.

Moon - isn't the Margi Gesic a bike race?

QOTD: I' still lookin for a couple race to do this year, I want to do different races than the same old same old I usually do every year.

Oh yeah, rest day. Hopin to go longish tomorrow

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  I've been lazy this week and haven't run at all yet.  I'll do it tomorrow.

Welcome back, Dan!  Good to see you around these parts.

QOTD: We're registered for the Whiskey Basin Trail Run in Prescott, AZ in April.  31K for me and 57K for the boyfriend.  I will not be running or racing, but mostly hiking with some running mixed in when I feel like it.  DFL, here I come!

Running is dumb.

LB2

QOTD: We're registered for the Whiskey Basin Trail Run in Prescott, AZ in April.  31K for me and 57K for the boyfriend.  I will not be running or racing, but mostly hiking with some running mixed in when I feel like it.  DFL, here I come!

Please tell "the boyfriend" I said hello.

LB2

LB2

I ran a little 3.25 mile loop yesterday afternoon. I was happy with virtually no calf pain at about 3 miles, but then it came on me like a ton of bricks the last quarter mile. Still stretching it, and I think it is improving, slowly but surely. Today is an SRD.

QOTD: No plans to run in any events this year, maybe a half marathon or something in the fall. I just want to run for fun this year. I am sort of burned out on the "training" aspect of running.

LB2

runtraildc

Just got back from a 4.5 mile run with my blind friend. I've come to the conclusion that guide running rtakes more effort for me than just my normal running. We go a slower pace, but I always end up feeling like I worked a lot harder for those miles. It's fun, don't get me wrong but the miles per effort is different.

qotd:: nothing big planned. My goal is to get DS1 off to college. Then, with a partially empited nest, I can think of something more grand, running-wise .

Daydreamer1

Spent the afternoon yesterday working on my car project. Just about have it back together enough that I can drive it.  Now I know what one of my have to do projects is going to be for this summer. Gotta get a decent heater for the garage. Using kerosene torpedo heaters and cheap propane heaters is making me sick. Woke up this morning feeling like crap. Every time I spend too much time working around those heaters I feel this way.  Probably too much Carbon Monoxide. The good thing about that is that it's easy to fix. Just get lots of cold clean air which means a trip up to the mountain .

Planning on doing about 10 miles up there.   Going to take it fairly easy. A lot of steep stuff so if I only average 15 min miles that will be fine.

QOTD: The biggie is Montour 24 hour.  Two week before that I'm planning on doing the Delaware Triple Crown again.  5k, 10k followed by a half for 22.4 miles or so. Nice trails and will probably be my last long run before Montour.  For June I want to do Rothrock 30k. They moved it back a week this year and I'm off for it. Haven't run that one in years.  Nothing planned yet for the fall although I'm thinking about trying to put together a Texas and Grand Canyon trip in September.

Sandy-2

My DS ran 4 mi with me last night, a nice little run, I really enjoyed it.  I did 5 mi this morning.  I’m off from work today to hang out some more with our DS.

I’m now ‘tapering’ for my pacing duties for our DD at RR100 next weekend.

qotd: My DD will probably rope me into doing some local runs this spring, but my goal race is The Bear in Sept. We’re planning that both my DS and DD will crew/pace me there, but I suspect the real draw will be a getaway weekend for them. 

tbd.

dpc3

Out the door for 5 on my day off before an afternoon duck hunt, weird I know right. I am not normal.

Mandy, Prescott is a beautiful place enjoy the last nice month in Arizona.

Thanks for the welcome back moonlight.

QOTD: I am going to run another 100 and throw my name in the hat for Western States. Probably Javelina again but we will see.

AT-runner

Tim

Just got back from a 4.5 mile run with my blind friend. I've come to the conclusion that guide running takes more effort for me than just my normal running. We go a slower pace, but I always end up feeling like I worked a lot harder for those miles. It's fun, don't get me wrong but the miles per effort is different.

I can totally see that (no pun intended).

As comparison, I've paced at a few races, and it seems to take more out of me than running the event as a competitor. With pacing, it's usually late in the race and the pace is slower, and even though my legs are fresh, I feel like I'm working hard.

AT-runner

Tim

Out the door for 5 on my day off before an afternoon duck hunt, weird I know right. I am not normal.

Glad to see you, and none of us are normal, we all know that.

LB2

Hmmmm. Must be nice to be able to duck hunt 12 months a year. Good to see you back.

LB2