Trailer Trash

Whistle while you Work Wednesday (Read 24 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Are you whistling at work today? I'm not.  Actually I am not feeling great so we'll see how long I last.  I can usually tough it out.  Got in a run and upper body workout at the gym last night. Depending how I feel later will determine if I run or not.

QOTD: Do you have any allergies?

I don't think I do but a couple of the kids have allergies - one to grass.  He loves to play outdoors though.  He has a skin reaction to it so lots of showers for him.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

I brought clothes for running at lunch, but might skip it. I'm in mental taper mode (ie. apathy) for next week.  If the rain stops, I might run.

QOTD:  Seasonal stuff including grass.  Was worse in the past but I did shots for 5 years and now it's easier to deal with. On bad days I take Claratin.  I don't mind the sneezing, it's the itchy eyes that drive me crazy.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jonferg67

Endless trails

Hi all,

I started my summer temp position at the military academy at West

Point this week. Im still figuring out my morning running routine, this morning i just hiked with the dog instead of running. I may turn

into a noontime runner if i can find a trail nearby.

QOTD: No allergies, no medications.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Fighting with a post-race head cold and sore throat, so not much running.

QOTD: Yes to allergies, mostly seasonal hay fever, but also bee stings and most any insect bite. I've had an eye swell shut from a mosquito bite. Then add penicillin family antibiotics to that.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

ah man, I forgot I do have an allergy...kind of.  When I am exposed to poison ivy I get it and get it bad.  When I was a kid and teenager, I had some horrible cases of poison and continually needed to get scripts for prednisone.  Knock on wood but it's been a while since I have had it.

Jon - what's your temp job?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Ran 4 yesterday after work.

QOTD: I have developed allergies over the last couple of years. And I hate them.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Nope, not whistling at work today because I'm not at work .  Wouldn't whistle even if I was there. Really disgusted with my job. Just a general lack of professionalism and respect with in the profession anymore.

Going to head out for 7-8 miles again today. Yesterday's run went quite nice and I pushed enough that I'm slightly sore so today I'll take it easier.

QOTD: No real allergies here.  I do have some sinus problems that get worse in the spring. Sometimes I'll take some of the allergy medications and that seems to help with the headaches, but I can't take those for more than 4-5 days at a time or I'll end up with itching eyes and nose and a constantly runny nose while my mouth will be very dry.  Wait, does that mean I'm actually allergic to the allergy meds .

XtremeTaper

I had a nice 7 miler with the Lady last night at Coventry Woods. Cool but pleasant weather. Who woulda' thunk a day off after 38 days in a row of running would freshen the legs? That said, no running today either. I hit the planet of fitness at lunch and will do some yardwork this evening.

QOTD: None that I know of thankfully.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run the last two days for whatever was bugging me..could of made it out this morning but didn't so will run this afternoon.  Gym at lunch.

QOTD:  No.  Oh yea George reminded I have had reactions to bee stings and if a mosquito bites near my eye it will swell shut.  And there's this purple I picked once, my head immediately swelled to a basketball, very painful but my skinned peeled off and turn super smooth. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Got up extra early and did 10 mi before work on the hike/bike path this morning.  A nice spring morning, cool temps, cool breeze and low humidity.  Also bumped into a co-worker who was out walking with his wife, nice to see someone I know and say 'hi'.

qotd: I have seasonal allergies, affected a little in the spring, but a lot in the fall. I'm also terribly allergic to cats, and a little bit to rabbits. (Found out about rabbits when our DD got one a long time ago, we kept him outside in a hutch so I wasn't exposed at all.)

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

QOTD: Do allergies to work count?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yea I got that too!!