Trailer Trash

"What day is it" Wednesdailies (Read 32 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

It's 'Hump Day'. I normally mute all commercials, but Geico really cracks me up.

Had another great run this morning, 5 miles around the hood. I marked a nice

2.5 mile loop and did it twice. It was back roads with no traffic, much sweeter

than my 6.5 hill loop which crosses a highway twice.

QOTD: I got nothin.

Gym day for me.  Did the Espresso bike and some circuit work.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Low_O2

Hello all.

Got in a nice easy 3.5 mile sunset loop around the mountain top with the dog last night. Legs felt great and even had to splash through a big puddle on the trail. I know that is normal for many of you, but water of any kind is a rare sight here in the desert.

Hope everyone has a great hump day!

sugnim

SRD for me today.  This is a long week.

Was anyone else super happy to see that runner Nick Symmonds won the silver for USA in the 800 final in Moscow?  He spoke out against Russia's ridiculous law that mandates arrest & jail time for those who are openly gay or who support gay rights, and said "As much as I can speak out about it, I believe that all humans deserve equality as however God made them. Whether you're gay, straight, black, white, we all deserve the same rights."

DigDug2

6.5 on road/rail trail this a.m.  Beautiful running weather in CT.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

If I had the chance to begins today's dailies it would have been, Where are the Woods Wednesdailies"  We have a fire about 60 miles away and the smoke comes over at night and you can barely see the trrees.  Lifts through out the day.  Got 5 smoky miles in this am with Earl, of course.  Oh yea to stay honest...I blew off last night and did not run.

Jon:  I like it too.  Come on someone tell the camel it's hump day!

TT:  I don't recall you ever saying gym day.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Snowdenrun

Hello Everyone!

My plan today is to get out and run something, anything on the trails. Life's been kicking my butt a bit lately and I feel some trail time is in order.

DigDug2

I'll throw out a QOTD:  for those that listen to music and/or carry phones on their runs, can you recommend an armband and headphones?  I got a "Yurbuds" armband for my phone six months ago and it has fallen apart (and I only use it a couple days a week).  I'm also not liking my Apple earbuds - I don't want to spend much money on new headphones that I'm going to sweat all over, but I'd like something that sounds better and stays in my ears.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

45 min early this morning...gorgeous weather.  I am getting spoiled.

QOTD: sorry can't help ya.  I am in the market for good earbuds myself.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Great day here. Hints of fall in the air. The windows are open and a cool NW breeze is blowing.

Just another short run last night in stifling humidity. Not real hot but a real soaker in terms of sweat. We ran about 5.5 mi over at Monocacy Hill. The deer flies were worse than usual. They did a hit and bite on me for most of the entire run. Smashed about a dozen but it had no real impact. Something similar tonight but in nicer conditions and less bugs I think. I am on the 5-6 mi plan this week as a cutback.

QOTD: Sorry, no help on the earbuds. I still have a flip phone. I do carry it from time to time on my runs when on-call for work but it just gets stashed in the pockets of my running shorts.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

muppy

Got in 12.5 last  night. Ran  5 Monday night and was a awesome run and felt so fast and easy, last night was painful, miserable muggy miles.

QOTD I used to get blue Sony  ear hook type ones for about $20 from Walmart, then I got yurbuds, with the over the ear hook ( think about $30)  going on 2 years and sweat and rain not effect them yet. Only problem is the rubber covers started falling off so I just put a dab of superglue on them.

TT:  I don't recall you ever saying gym day.

I haven't been going for the last few months, but am getting back to it.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Daydreamer1

Just got back in from a little over 31 miles. On the bike of course. I realized that this is only the 3rd or 4th time this summer that I actually got out on the bike Sad.

Snow -- I understand what you mean when you say life's been kicking your butt. That's been the story of my entire year it seems. And you're right, you need to tell life to get lost and take a run.

QOTD: I got a pair at Dick's Sporting Goods that were supposed to be good for workouts. Other then being able to say that they are soft and don't come out all the time I'm no help. I have no idea what brand they are. I think they cost about $20.00. I only use them inside.

Watoni

Work Anti-Recovery Day (WARD)

I'll throw out a QOTD:  for those that listen to music and/or carry phones on their runs, can you recommend an armband 

Would you consider a waist band?  I find that I like the Amphipod Airflow™ Waistpack.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida