Trailer Trash

Spring is Nowhere in Sight - Mondailies (Read 35 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

18 degrees and a nice wind going here - spring sure has taken a step back in my area here.

11.5 miles yesterday, scouting out a new loop with DD. It was fun, and nice and warm when the wind stopped for a moment. I saw a few daffodils in the sunniest spots just about to start coming out.

Trying to get out for a few miles today, but I'm fighting a stomach bug again, and I'm not very confident about leaving the house... 

Hope everyone has a great start into the week!

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Rest day for me.  Thinking about getting to the gym for a strength workout later.   Spring has definitely taken a step back here, too.  But it's sunny, so maybe a hike in the woods is in order instead of the gym.

Marie- sorry to hear about the stomach bug.  I hope it doesn't hit anyone else in the family (or is that  how you got it).  It seems to be a bad winter overall for illness

Have a great start to the week, folks!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

After a weekend that was mostly a wash for for running (due to DW working a lot and different odds and ends around the house, DS with a 24 hour stomach thing, etc.), I was able to sneak out late last night for 7.4 miles.  Was good but late.  Thankfully after a hot shower I can just hit the bed and I am good.

Couch - your DD is doing 11.5 miles with you? Nice.

QOTD: Smart phone, dumb phone, or no phone?

Me - dumb phone.  DW wants a smart phone although she admits she doesn't need one.  Her current dumb phone is in bad shape so I might get her a smart phone for her birthday here soon. I have no desire to upgrade.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

to answer Jamie's qotd:  Smartphone, but we use the cheap route.  Used iPhones and a third party Verizon supplier at a third the monthly cost.  I held out for a long time, but now am sold and would prefer not to have to do without.

NorthernHarrier

In a cruel twist.... Saturday I wake up before dawn and am out on the beach running while getting a beautiful sunrise, temp already in the low 70's, clear skies, a perfect morning. Heading home and get to Siberia just in time for a late afternoon run on Sunday. I ran 10.5 miles in an effin' snowstorm. It's still snowing this morning and it's piling up pretty good. WTF?  I'm scanning radar and weather sites trying to see where I have to drive today for some good trails.  Have to say that last nights run despite the snow was great. Real woods, real dirt, and some rock with some hills. Real nice.

QOTD--Not so smart guy with a smart phone.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Nancy: DD had it first, and I'm not sure where we got it from. Nobody else affected yet, though, and I sure hope it stays that way!

Jamie: She ran the first 5.5 miles with me and finished after we had found the loop-di-loop. I tacked on a few more miles just because it was so nice, sunny and quiet, just what I needed after a stressful week.

QOTD: Smartphone, but on our plan it counts as a dumbphone. Not sure now we got that deal. I do get data and have 3G access, which works better than 4G in our area anyway. I use it a lot, but virtually never take it on a run with me (the only times I take it is on summer runs when I know I'm going to hit a storm, so that I'll know how long it will last, and where to go to get out of it quickly). 

Run for fun.

some call me Tim

RD for me... a little creaky after yesterday's LR and my rationale this buildup has been to take it easy on non quality running. Maybe a hike later - I haven't seen the state of the trails in maybe 2 weeks.

qotd: iPhone. As a former Apple Macintosh user (and restart paperclipper) no one is more surprised than I

jonferg67

Endless trails

I'll run later when temps get above 25. Last winter I plowed

through the season sticking to my training plan and completely

sucked the joy out of trail running, not to mention getting injured

and canceling the race I signed up for. I'm still learning!

QOTD: I have an older iphone, with about 3,000 features I don't use.

muppy

5.3 miles on some muddy trails last night.

I was just on runners warehouses closeout section stocking up on winter clothing. They got some great sales if anybody's interested. With the FB15D code you get an extra 15% off!

QOTD I used to think smart phones were dumb, now I can't live without it. It is nice because I can listen to podcast while I run, and if I ever get lost I can use Google maps to find my way back out.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD.  3 weeks until Grand Canyon.  Now I'll be walking on egg shells hoping to avoid any strange injuries.

I have a great base, but real concern is I'll have no warm runs before heading to the Canyon.  If we hit temperatures in the 80's, it will feel like 100* for us since all my long runs have been at or below 35*.  What a weird winter / spring.

Here's yesterday's "Spring" run.

QOTD:  Smart phone and I proudly use at least 20% of the features.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

SRD. My legs are still pretty sore. In fact, they are very sore.

QOTD: smart phone.

LB2

Daydreamer1

SRD. Spending the day at work. Even if I was at home I'd probably take it easy on the legs, they're feeling a little beat up from the past two days of pushing hard on the hills. For some reason it seems as if I don't recover as well as in previous years.  Hit some trails yesterday that had a lot of snow still on them.

QOTD: Smartphone. Don't use most of the features, but there are some that I do need and use a lot, such as the mobil hotspot feature and looking up medications on line. Also can keep my treatment protocols on it for quick access. Also use it as a GPS when at work since the company won't buy us any and won't replace the map books. Not sure how they expect us to find places.

XtremeTaper

No spring here yet. Bright and crisp for today's lunchtime run. 6 miles on a hilly road route. I'll run 5 or 6 later this evening on the trails with the dog. Weekend was a mixed bag.. 12.5 on Saturday on snow covered trails at French Creek. Dang snow was gone last week but Friday's storm brought it back. Sunday drove down to see my buddy in southern Chester county and we ran some snow free trails down in Fair Hill preserve (MD). Not sure of distance 15-16 miles or so.

QOTD: I recently upgraded to a new flip phone. My old one crashed and burned after a decade it seemed. My trip to the Verizon store to purchase would have a good SNL skit or Seinfeld episode.

Harrier - Yeah, you'd think after a trip south and it being late March maybe you could come to spring at least. Thanks for tips on the keys beaches. Going to add a stop at Bahia Honda for sure.

AT - I have a 12 hour in 3 weeks in FL so hear you on the heat. I will need to do a hurry up and acclimate run or two the days leading into the race. I'll have 5 days to acclimate. I see an afternoon meltdown in my future.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ok so goal WAS...get up and walk dogs between 6:30 and 7 then run with Earl 7 to 8.  Ok so I walked the dogs this morning.  It's raining today so no lunch time run....I will run after work!!!  Earl is really mad at me because we have run in over 2 months since we got Jack.  I have been sneaking in runs at lunch.  Sunday he saw me leave to run  (didn't know how far we were running so wasn't comfortable bringing him since he hasn't run in awhile) and he has been giving me stink eye and attitude ever since.

QOTD: Smart phone...dumb user..

Northern Harrier: From an outsider observations you mid west and east coaster all gush about how much you love winter and running in the snow in December and come March ya all moan and groan about the snow.    PS Woods much better than beach for running!

Muppy:  Wish I could figure out how to do pod cast!  Well I never tried but...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

13 miles, some of them on incredibly slippery and sticky mud. At times, my shoes must have weighed 2 pounds each, or more!

Waiting for my boys now, who have missed the school bus home AGAIN  (fourth time this school year), and nobody knows where they are. My guess is they got off their first bus, and instead of getting onto the holding bus to wait for their connection bus, they took advantage of the nice weather and decided to go for a walk to the park nearby. But I'll wait patiently and blame the bus company once more. The director of the transportation office is a fellow running club member, I'll make him pay me a beer after our next run! 

Run for fun.