Trailer Trash

favorite recovery drink? (Read 220 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I try to get a homemade smoothie whipped up within 20-30 minutes of my workout- ~ 1/2 cup plain yogurt, small banana, ~ 1/2 cup frozen tropical fruit (comes in a big bag- strawberries, pineapple, papaya and peach), ~ cup of orange juice, scoop of whey and whir it up-mmmmmmm Smile

on particularly brutal long runs I'll sometimes mix up a Hammer Recoverite mixed w/ low fat milk and take it before I hit the sack, not sure if it's psychosomatic, but it seems to help

low fat chocolate milk when I need something quicker than a smoothie

yours?

Mike

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Irish Luck

Really? Am I going to be the first response? After some water, it has always been beer.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

Occasional Runner

Beer. Before water. Then more beer.

Chocolate milk, then beer.

Uh oh... now what?

Beer at the last aid station before the end makes for a good finish.

Chnaiur

Water first, then beer. Preferably Anchor Steam.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Shakedown Street

Beer.

I generally do my runs on the road in the AM, except when I am playing hooky from work. There is just something nice about that morning beer that really hits the spot now that I am approaching 40.

Even on the weekends. Do my LR, go to the grocery store, grab a pint from the bar at the grocery store at 9am while shopping. Sure, I get looks.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Beer. 

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

9-11% IPA via tap, bottle or bomber.

JB

ultraendure.blogspot.com

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Iced coffee after a morning run.  Beer after a race.

Sandy-2

Ok I'll buck the trend...  I like Coke after a long hot run.  I don't think it's very good for recovery, but it helps to settle my typically queezy stomach.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

NorthernHarrier

I try to get a homemade smoothie whipped up within 20-30 minutes of my workout- ~ 1/2 cup plain yogurt, small banana, ~ 1/2 cup frozen tropical fruit (comes in a big bag- strawberries, pineapple, papaya and peach), ~ cup of orange juice, scoop of whey and whir it up-mmmmmmm Smile

yours?

Mike

Boy, that sounds good. I'd have one of those before and after if I could.

For standard runs anything from water to chocolate milk to a big diet pepsi. Whatever is handy. Beer if it's a little later or I'm with someone sometimes.

Following a race I do like the strawberry recoverite. Then a cold diet pepsi--it may not replenish anything but I sure do like it.

As much as I love me some beer I usually need to wait just a wee bit before I start drinking those.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ or maybe we just need to hang more w/ the beer drinking crowd Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

chocolate milk or chocolate slimfast/equate (original formula). Maybe some cold green tea if it's hot - iced if there's any ice left in the ice chests.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

Chocolate milk.

Sandy--Coke is medicine for me. I have maybe 4 a year, when I'm feeling nauseated, hungover, or have a bad headache. I don't know if it's the sugar, caffeine, combo thereof, or some other magic ingredient, but I swear when I'm feeling crappy and drink Coke I can feel something slotting into my brain cells and making everything better.