Trailer Trash

Missing Mondaily? (Read 40 times)

runtraildc

No one running on the first, real work day after the holidays?  Or is it the abysmal weather across most of the country? Or just the Monday SRD?   I'm planning on 4 or 5  tonight, as the cold front hits our area (and the kiddos are in the pool).  Got in 5 at dusk yesterday, as the slush was refreezing on the paved trail.  Still, it felt good to get out.

qotd:  pass

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Sorry, I only just got de-thawed.

I am not running today -- wussing out.  SRD here in Madison.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today, which is a good thing because my throat feels like I swallowed glass last night.

Mandy - Stay warm.  I just got off the phone with a friend who lives in Eau Claire (I called him after seeing your post) and he closed his office due to the cold.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Mandy - Seems like it's a bit cold in your neck of the woods 

I'm heading to the gym for easy 4 or 5 today. Week 1 of half marathon training starts today!

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I'm on day 6 of a respiratory infection and haven't run in 4 days .

I have some friends up your way Mandy and I have no idea how you guys can deal with that . They have horses , for me it's a  struggle when it's around 0 to deal with livestock .

Chnaiur

3 miles and strength training for me.

QOTD: Are you on any kind of special diet? Low carb/hi carb/paleo?

For me, I don't follow a strict or "branded" diet, but I don't eat a lot of carbs except before and during exercise. I feel a lot better after I started substituting pasta and rice for salads.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all,

SRD for me today.  I put on my heavy jacket, laced up my boots, stepped outside and....58 degrees.  It felt tropical.  Don't worry, we're supposed to be down to 10 by tonight.

QOTD: Timely question...I have been thinking about diet a lot lately.  I would like to piggyback the QOTD with "do you follow any rules for when you eat (post workout, etc.).

I'm considering trying to push my diet more towards vegetarian.  I'm not giving up meat...ain't happening, but I could see cutting out meat for breakfast and lunch for most days.  I am planning on trying to track what I eat so that I can look at macronutrient content (%s for carbs, protein, and fat).

**Ask me about streaking**

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm going to go home and snuggle with the dog after work...provided my car starts!  And perhaps do some fun experiments I have seen floating around, like throwing boiling water outside (it's supposed to turn immediately into snow.)

QOTD: I have been a vegetarian since 2008.  That's about it.

Running is dumb.

muppy

Would like to get in 5 after work, the wind is up to 40mph  and the temp is dropping as the cold is blowing in, my  only concern is the freezing rain we got yesterday freezing back up and down I go.

QOTD I don't really follow any special diet which is why I don't seem to lose any weight like I've been planning on for months.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Got in 5 miles this morning in a singlet and shorts.  58*F and raining, same as jamezilla.

Sposed to be record cold tomorrow and wednesday.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Sandy-2

Today's my typical SRD, good timing because it is a little chilly here today.  Of course nothing like wind chills Mandy is suffering through.  We're supposed to get wind chills of +17 tonight, which is cold for around here.

qotd:  nothing special.  I gained a little over the holidays (like 5 lbs) so I'll just watch the portion sizes and cut back on carbs and fats and I usually burn it off in a week or so.  Although if I don't watch it, it takes a bit longer.

tbd.

Chnaiur

I'm considering trying to push my diet more towards vegetarian.  I'm not giving up meat...ain't happening, but I could see cutting out meat for breakfast and lunch for most days.  I am planning on trying to track what I eat so that I can look at macronutrient content (%s for carbs, protein, and fat).

That's what I do:

Breakfast is berries, a little cereal, and protein powder

Lunch is Salad with Tofu and lots of beans

Snack is fruit salad

Dinner is whatever meat we are making for the kids + salad

Evening snack is milk + protein powder

To that, I add carbs before and during workouts.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Occasional Runner

I logged 20 miles on the spin bike this morning. We just rolled into Moab, so I'm heading out for a run.

QOTD; Vegetarian...nothing else.

QOTD: I've just started tracking my food intake again.....purely for speed and vanity reasons. Oh yeah, and health. 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

SRD for me ...little sore from either the bike ride or running on the road.

qotd: I don't.   I rarely it red meat because hubby won't.   Trying to loose a bit so have attempted to use an app called. "Lose it" .

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄