Trailer Trash

It's Fridaily (Read 14 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Got a nice rain last night but woke up to no break in the humidity. Slightly cooler temps for the next week, so we'll see.

When I finally got out yesterday, I only managed 5 miles.  I was really feeling overheated and decided to turn early.  Had to walk a hill that I normally run without any problem and when I got to the downhill I never recovered, so live to run another day.

Might add  light run at lunch today. I have my things, but we'll see how it goes.  Long run tomorrow morning.

QOTD:  In honor of Sandy's DD's Tevis Cup race, any horse riders out there?  I've been on a horse 2 times and it wasn't pretty.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Good morning AT. I had a similar run last night but managed to squeeze out 7 miles on the trails of Warwick Park. Temps only in the 70's but even with the rain it was a sticky hot warm muggy run. Funny, the evening before it was dry, temps 91-93, and I banged out a brisk 7 miles at Green Lane that felt awesome.

Worked a half day yesterday and golfed in the morning. Working a half day today and planning to go kayaking or canoeing up the Schulykill Canal to Lock 12 and then back down the river. I think the rain has ended for the day and maybe there will be some flow in the river.

QOTD: Ha. My wife came from OK and she had some experiences with horses growing up. Me never. She did talk me into a horse back riding trip on the beach near Port Aransas. My ass was dragging for days.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Wish we could have gotten a little rain this far north. Might have had a sprinkle or two but not enough to help some of our field crops and wells. Got a little nap at work, so now it's off to bed and hopefully get up in time for a 5-6 mile run before heading back in.

QOTD: Probably rode one a dozen times or so.  Nothing spectacular.  When I was in my teens and early twenties my Dad had a cattle truck so I hauled a lot of cattle and quite a few horses. Also worked at a livestock auction that at the time had the 2nd largest monthly horse sale in PA.  So I've handled 1000s of horses from the biggest farm bruisers, to Standard Bred racing horses right off the track, and quite a few saddle horses. All in a environment that was typically loud and chaotic.  Really learned a lot about handling horses from the old order Mennonite guys.  Horses can be skittish and nasty or they can be intelligent and steady creatures, it all depends on the handler and the training.  That's why when I see someone on a trail having problems with their horse I don't blame the horse I get mad at the trainer.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

7+ this morning.  Temps and humidity definitely getting better.

QOTD: Same as you AT - maybe 2x in my life and not pretty at all.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

rest  day for me today.  That three miles on the trail yesterday really took it's toll .  I'm hoping to meet up with the running group tomorrow for the first time since May and I'd like to run.  I have a 10k (road, in Maine) in 8 days, will I be able to make it?  I might just have to opt for the 5k (more shame).

qotd: a dozen or so times as a kid, but definitely not recently. My niece has been taking riding lessons, which I joke to my sister is 'exercise appropriate for the victorian girl'.

muppy

7.3 miles yesterday.

I am moving into my new house tomorrow if any of you strong athletic people are looking for something to do!

QOTD  I rode horses a few times that are very well  trained and follow each other such as on the Gettysburg battlefield and then places up in the Poconos.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Bike to work- I think I have my bike paid off now- DW doesn't buy that argument, but I'm sticking to it    Strength training this evening. 

qotd: my father raised Quarter Horses, so grew up riding. Rode horses when I worked for the USFS and occasionally as a game warden. Had a buddy that owned a ranch north of Miles City and would occasionally ride for him gathering and with fencing projects. It's been about three years since I've been in the saddle and while it's like riding a bike; it's also like not riding a bike for a long time- your ass is going to get sore!!!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I could have done 4 this morning after sleeping in but knowing the OM (old Man) would be gone tonight I plan on 9 after work...maybe alone without the dogs.  Don't tell them.    I pulled a runtraildc and tooks the clothes off the line and put more up....chores!  I've been really sleepy in the am...thinking it has something to do with the heat.

QOTD:  I was on a horse two times also.  Once in high school on the back of my friends horse, she being on the front and that f&cker bucked us. I've been afraid of them since.   Second time in Mexico...the old guy was kinda dead so no worries.

runtraildc:   Sorry to hear the healing ain't going so well.

muppy:  would love to help send me a ticket.

Warden: When are you going to start the forum meet up post?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

6 miles in the heat.

qotd  I never feel more at home as when I'm on a horse. I grew up taking care of them.

My brother is the first person from MS with a horse in the KY derby.

Sandy-2

An absolutely horrible run. 14 miles of suck-fest.  Hot, humid, tired legs, stagnant air. I walked a lot at the end. So f'ing glad that's over with.  Now soaking in cold water and about to go back to bed.

qotd: I think I've been on a horse about 5 or 6 times. I'm a great crew though.

tbd.