Trailer Trash

The Thursday (Read 21 times)

LB2

I ran 4.3 this morning. It was easy and fun.

QOTD: Do you ever have runs where you barely have any recollection of the run, just lose yourself?

Yes. I have runs like that, usually very long runs. I think that is one reason I love running 100 miles. There are points that I believe I just sort of transcend this dimension of time and space, mostly at night. I was thinking about that this morning as I was reading a book where the main character was invited to an Indian ceremony where he took peyote. I think the long distances can have a similar effect on the mind's perception of time and space. Maybe AT can expand on that. I just know I like it. I like running, not peyote.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Meeting a running buddy for a few miles in the fogy woods.

QOTD:  Yes, but not often enough.  I always love that feeling. The first Sole Challenge 24hr was held during a full moon, and somewhere in the night I "lost" about an hours.  It was very zen like.  Wasn't from fatigue or lack of sleep, I just kept looking up at the moon and was running without a light because it was so bright.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

QOTD:  Yes, but not often enough.  I always love that feeling. The first Sole Challenge 24hr was held during a full moon, and somewhere in the night I "lost" about an hours.  It was very zen like.  Wasn't from fatigue or lack of sleep, I just kept looking up at the moon and was running without a light because it was so bright.

The first time it happened to me was on a bright moon night, too. And I wasn't fatigued or anything like that; it just suddenly rushed over me and lasted for about 20 miles. It may have lasted longer, but it was the last 20 miles of the race.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 5-ish miles in yesterday evening, little change in the weather here 

going to try and get another 5-ish this evening

qotd: sometimes I find myself a little spaced out during a long run, but these are typically short time frames- I can imagine that during something like a 100 miler that could easily magnify into longer periods

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

5 miles on tired legs on the rail trail last night,  but overall I felt pretty decent .

QOTD  once in a while  I will be in what I call that happy little running bubble where everything is so smooth and easy and you kind of lose track of time.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Did my 5 at lunch yesterday...saw a snake as I was steeping over it..yes I screamed!  It was a little guy about as round as my ginger and 12 inches long.  Still a snake is a snake.  And then of course the next stick was a snake too.  Plan is lunch time five again.  These lunch runs are a little hard as I make no stops for sniffs or pees and it's all runnable so no walks up steep hills.  Running 10 min mile pace  hmm whatever happened to my 8 min pace..

QOTD:  Yep..mostly night runs are like that but I have had day runs where I stop look around and have no idea where I am when I am actually on a trail I run often.  It's like waking up from a dream and needing a few minutes to gather my thoughts.. love it!

Muppy:  "Happy little running bubble"  perfect title for it. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

8 all by myself, Mr Jangles has lost his running mojoe. Not sure what the deal is but lately after a couple he just stops running. He acts has normal as he ever has, still dances before a run he just peters out. Giving him some time off, running without my partner just isn't the same, it's got me in a fonk too.

QOTD: all the time. Some mornings after a run I can't remember a single turn or step. I have to think real hard just to remember how far I went. This almost never happens in day light hours to many people and cars to jump down that rabbit hole.

Daydreamer1

Going to try to get out for a few miles this afternoon. Was hoping to get up on the mountain for about 8-10 but will have to settle for 5-7 around the house. Wasted a bunch of time this morning in the continuation of DD's car buying  saga.

I had posted last week that she wrecked her car and it was a total loss. So Friday we started car shopping and she pretty much knew what she wanted and had found the car online, a Subaru Impreza, which she wanted because of being all wheel drive.  Worked up a price with the salesman and I thought that the monthly payment based on the financed price seemed a little bit high but I was doing the math in my head so I trusted the figures on the papers they gave us . Went into the financial guy and he was a big jerk and was acting rather rude, slapping papers on the desk to be signed and just not being very nice. Should have walked out right then. When I got home it kept bothering me and I felt that he was up to something so I started looking at the paper they gave us that listed the financed price and APR along with the payment figure. They didn't match . I quickly figured out that he had either raised the interest rate or added in a warranty without proper disclosure, which was the most likely scenario.  After a little discussion we felt that the reason he was acting so rude was to distract us from the scam he was pulling.

So on Tuesday I went and raised hell with the General Manager. Needless to say when I told him I had contacted the attorney general's  office, I had, and things got straightened out in a hurry. Turned out I was correct in what he did. He added in an extended warranty without giving DD an option to decline it and passed it off as a free add on.

So this morning DD had off work and we went in to pick up the car. Uh sorry, they said, your car's not ready yet, we ran out of state inspection stickers . Really???? So we went shopping and after about two hours it was ready.  Needless to say we will not be going back to that dealership ever, ever again.  The biggest reason we didn't walk out on the deal was the next closest car like she wanted was over 100 miles away.

QOTD:  Actually happens quite a bit, especially on sections of a run. I get lost in the view or conversing with the voices in my head and forget what I'm doing or where I'm at.

Daydreamer1

8 all by myself, Mr Jangles has lost his running mojoe. Not sure what the deal is but lately after a couple he just stops running. He acts has normal as he ever has, still dances before a run he just peters out. Giving him some time off, running without my partner just isn't the same, it's got me in a fonk too.

How old is he?

XtremeTaper

Seven last night on the trails of Green Lane with the Lady. We went for the more scenic, rockier, south side. Slow run. Glad I forgot the watch. Definitely have some crud going on in my left knee/leg. A cutback is in order. With that said, I hit the LRS at lunch and picked up 3 pairs of new Altras.. Lone Peak, Olympus, and Torin, and will try out a new pair tonight. Cushioning was pretty much shot in all my old pairs.

QOTD: Senior moments on the trail? Sure I have those from time to time. Typically they are short stretches like "oh, I thought I was past there or how did I get here" type of moments. Night runs to me give the most disconnect from time and space. The few 100 milers I've done in particular, it's really odd how time moves differently. Not fast enough it seems from aid station to aid station, but whoa then you think how is it almost sunrise already?

Gator - my Springer one day just decided he no longer cares for running. He was somewhere between 9 and 10. Still hanging in there, likes his walks, but no trail runs anymore. He barks at me instead when I take the gsp out.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hope he's ok...

QOTD: all the time. Some mornings after a run I can't remember a single turn or step. I have to think real hard just to remember how far I went. This almost never happens in day light hours to many people and cars to jump down that rabbit hole.

Gator eye

He just turned 8. Its tough to think I might be loosing my running partner, we've had us some dandy times, early morning runs will never be the same. Hoping he's just going though a ruff spell. Lord knows I go through enough of them maybe it's his turn.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I just signed up for the Vasa Trail run in Michigan...sign up and I will run with you.   on a leash if that makes you feel better. 

See the link below

He just turned 8. Its tough to think I might be loosing my running partner, we've had us some dandy times, early morning runs will never be the same. Hoping he's just going though a ruff spell. Lord knows I go through enough of them maybe it's his turn.

AT-runner

Tim

I just signed up for the Vasa Trail run in Michigan...sign up and I will run with you.   on a leash if that makes you feel better. 

See the link below

Good one.

Gator, hope your running buddy just needs some rest.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

That sounds fun, the run not the leash part. Lol