Trailer Trash

Tuesday but kinda feels like Wednesday (Read 17 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It's my Wednesday because I am off Friday and we are hitting the road this weekend for vaca.  But it is really just Tuesday.  Got in a shade under 7 this morning, rather humid out and I was feeling kinda slow.  Last night DS1 and I got out for a training run for our 5k coming up the end of July.  The last two times we ran, he could barely make it a mile before he was cramping.  We had been running after dinner and I think that was a poor decision on my part.  Last night, we ran before.  He ran the entire 2 miles, the first of which was uphill.  We ran it in 18:54.  I was very proud of him.  I think a sub 30 min for a 5k is doable.

QOTD: What is your resting heart rate? Do you even care about it or pay attention to it?

I measured mine the other day at work at 52.  That is down from the previous 58 I measured a few years ago.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Gonna take a nap then get up and try to do somethings around the house before heading back into work.  Ran 5 miles yesterday and that's probably what I'll do today. That will leave a little time for some strength training. Trying to get back into that. DS  has been lifting several times a week for the past couple of months. He was flexing and showing off some yesterday so I grabbed a hold   of him. Little punk is pretty solid under his layer of baby fat .  Of course I reminded him that I can still outrun him .

QOTD: High, far too high, which I attribute to stress and less bike time. Back in the day when I was biking I could get it down to 40-44 pretty easy. At times I had to be careful standing up because I'd get dizzy. The last year or so, however, It's been mostly in the lower 50s and sometimes almost 60. For some reason I have a lot of trouble doing heart rate training while running. It was easy on the bike. I really need to get a good HR monitor but they're not cheap.  Also need to control my stress level.

Sandy-2

Hi gang, chiming in early for a change of pace, had an evening conference call.  Did 5 miles today, very slow still taking it very easy on the foot. Iced it after. Feels ok, still not perfect yet.

Qotd:  I haven't checked in a long time but it used to be in the 58 range. Having just gotten off the phone with Houston and Chennai discussing a software project, just checked it and got 65. I thought it would be much more after that aggravation!!!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

NHLA

6 mile group run tonight. Three fast runners in group so these are tempo runs.

qotd  47

LB2

Pretty good 6 miler this morning before daylight.

QOTD: Last time I checked, it was around 42. I do care about it because I think it is an indication of fitness. It is probably getting close to being back down to the mid-40's right now. But it will get lower as the year progresses, hopefully.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Hmm..  I might need to take part of the day off on Friday to start the long weekend. Fourth of July already!

6 miles last night with the Lady on the trails of Coventry Woods accompanied by a pleasant summer on/off rain shower. No wind, no thunder, no lightning, just some rain. It was certainly a slow run. I am currently dialed into my jog/shuffle 100 mile race pace. I plan to run some easier trails tonight to see if I can get some movement in my legs again. I might need to rethink my strategy of 6-7 days of running this week. Probably 4-5 would be better. See how tonight goes. Last night my legs were possessed! (not hurting, just possessed to shuffle slowly).

QOTD: Never paid attention to it. It beats and that's a good thing.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got up at 4:30 and got 5-ish in; when the choice is run in 58 or 88 degree weather, makes it a little easier to get up 

qotd: the last time I had it measured was when I was in for my fun "scopy" procedure and it was 45, the nurse had to recalibrate the monitor and guessed correctly that I was a runner. My Dad sent me a heart monitor to use, but I've never used it. It makes sense when I read about people using it for training, but easier to just take off and run

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

6 sticky miles. Was planning on more, but lungs not feeling great yet, so turned around early.  Nasty little gnats were in my eyes and ears for most of he run. Really pissed me off.

QOTD: I've been hypothyroid for years, so HR is always low.  It's low to mid 40's usually, and that's with medication.  My BP is usually 98/60.  The way I figure it, my heart is 20 years younger than I am. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

We got in 8 rd miles then hit the treadmill for hill training and added two more

QOTD: When I'm at work its around 52 to 55, when I first wake its around 43 to 45.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I had a really nice run this morning.  almost 8 with the mutts...all good.  It's nice when you get up a little extra early and do not have to worry so much about time.

QOTD:  Have no idea and never listen when the nurse tells me it because the numbers mean nothing to me. Once a long time ago a nurse took my purse and said "Are you a runner?"  Yes, oh that explains why your pulse is so low.

XT and Jamie:  I know of one occasion in which no one in the club wanted to run WS so it was given to someone else.  Don't know how they decide that...maybe someone from another running group that mans a aid station.   pulse XT I would still have to qualify...I was looking at Gorge Waterfalls 100K..looks like a gorgeous run at any rate.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Opposite of Queen's run--my morning run was really crappy and I barely got in 3 miles.  Really humid and a damn gnat chasing me. When I got back to the car, I called and made an appointment for my foot.

qotd: don't follow it regularly, but low 60s when I do check it.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I had a really nice run this morning.  almost 8 with the mutts...all good.  It's nice when you get up a little extra early and do not have to worry so much about time.

QOTD:  Have no idea and never listen when the nurse tells me it because the numbers mean nothing to me. Once a long time ago a nurse took my purse and said "Are you a runner?"  Yes, oh that explains why your pulse is so low.

XT and Jamie:  I know of one occasion in which no one in the club wanted to run WS so it was given to someone else.  Don't know how they decide that...maybe someone from another running group that mans a aid station.   pulse XT I would still have to qualify...I was looking at Gorge Waterfalls 100K..looks like a gorgeous run at any rate.

Yes you need to run Gorge Waterfalls 100k.  It looks amazing.  I like watching the Ginger Runner videos and he made some for this race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YxYPpsP0fA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPCYoFagWBY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDQsfYSJsnI

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I never knew of the Ginger guy until yesterday when I was looking at qualifying races.  He did a video on Miwok... I proceed to listen to his show the rest of the morning to get me though work.  I'll check these out.

Yes you need to run Gorge Waterfalls 100k.  It looks amazing.  I like watching the Ginger Runner videos and he made some for this race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YxYPpsP0fA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPCYoFagWBY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDQsfYSJsnI

Queen of Nothing

Sue

watching the first video...oh so beautiful...I must go!!!

Daydreamer1

watching the first video...oh so beautiful...I must go!!!

I agree, you must go so we east coasters can live vicariously through you.  Looks like a beautiful place to run.  I'd love to have trails like that around here.