Trailer Trash

2013 100-milers -- please un-sticky! (Read 481 times)

XtremeTaper

Count me in for the Superior 100 crowd.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I'm not sure if this was the best idea I ever had, especially before having run my first 100-miler, but I'm signed up for the Eastern States on August 16, 2014. Surprised

Is there a list for 2014 already?

Run for fun.

Is there a list for 2014 already?

I'll get one started in a bit.

XtremeTaper

EDR, how was Cascade Crest?

EDR, how was Cascade Crest?

One tough mother of a race!  I went in feeling pretty confident in my training, although I suspected I'd be fighting cutoffs.  However, I did NOT anticipate that might happen within the first 11 miles!  My ears got plugged on the first killer climb and I got incredibly dizzy.  Was the last person to get into the first aid station, but I managed to rally and overcome the dizziness.  However, I had to haul ass a couple more times for fear of missing cutoffs.  But I did it -- finished in 31:39!

XtremeTaper

One tough mother of a race!  I went in feeling pretty confident in my training, although I suspected I'd be fighting cutoffs.  However, I did NOT anticipate that might happen within the first 11 miles!  My ears got plugged on the first killer climb and I got incredibly dizzy.  Was the last person to get into the first aid station, but I managed to rally and overcome the dizziness.  However, I had to haul ass a couple more times for fear of missing cutoffs.  But I did it -- finished in 31:39!

EDRW... congrats on your race! I am always impressed by those of you that fight the cutoffs and find a way to get the job done.

Sandy-2

Hi EDRW, since your list looks a little sparse due to the end of the year I figured that I should sign up for the Cajun Coyote.  What the hell.... so.... put me on the list.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Hi EDRW, since your list looks a little sparse due to the end of the year I figured that I should sign up for the Cajun Coyote.  What the hell.... so.... put me on the list.

Love it!  See you there.

LB2

Wooo Hooo!!! It will be good to see you, Sandy!!

LB2

Sandy-2

EDRW and LB2,  Looks like we are going to have a Trailer Trash party down in Lousiana.  I'm really looking forward to it !!!

I was always looking at the CC, but I needed to see if my work schedule would allow it (it is just barely).

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Weegee

EDRW and LB2,  Looks like we are going to have a Trailer Trash party down in Lousiana.  I'm really looking forward to it !!!

I was always looking at the CC, but I needed to see if my work schedule would allow it (it is just barely).

Sandy2, you are a bad, bad man for making me run so hard at the end of that thing!  Congratulations on that sub-23 squeaker!  The previous 95 miles were nothing compared to the last five.  Ouch.

EDRW gets the soaked cat award for enduring through five hours of ice cold rain to slip and slide in horrible conditions to a 28-hour shivering finish.  The runners after the 23 hour mark had to navigate a course that bore no resemblance to the runnable trail we had earlier in the day.