Trailer Trash

Where is the Fridaily? (Read 17 times)

Sandy-2

Did a whopping 2 mi this morning.  Just to loosen up for tomorrow, make sure I remember how to run with all this taper madness going on.  But I will say I'm feeling pretty good.  All packed and ready to go, we're driving out to Austin in a little while.  We're sleeping in a tent by the S/F area, with a 5am start that's the way to go.

qotd: In light of the above, have you ever slept in a tent the night before a run (race or just a camp/run outing)?

My DD and I have done it a number of times, for my long runs and for her long horse rides.  We have a giant tent that we sleep in, but I will say it's more like car-camping where there is very little hiking or lugging crap around.

Have a great weekend everyone.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

muppy

Good Luck tomorrow Sandy!

7.2  Miles on the greenbelt path in Harrisburg.

QOTD I love to go camping but the night before a race a prefer the comfort of a hotel.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a speedy (will qualify that with speedy for me ) 5-ish miles in yesterday evening; strength train this evening

qotd: some of my "fun" runs I've combined with overnighters, carrying everything on my back- pretty fun.

For races I've always gotten lodging though.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Gorgeous day here. One of those that makes you glad you're alive and able to be outside doing things. Probably only put in about 5 miles with DW. Most of it will be walking.  If my internet connection is running good tonight I'll watch some more of the NFL draft. Got to watch the first four picks last night then things got busy. Anyone else pay any attention to it?

Good luck on the run tomorrow Sandy.

QOTD: I have not. The closest I've done was sleeping in a cabin with some horrible beds the night before Call of the Wilds marathon.  Most of my races are close enough to home that I can sleep in my own bed.  If  I couldn't get a motel I'd probably sleep in the car vs on the ground.  Sleeping on the ground or floor screws up my back so bad that it can take me a couple of hours to get it limber.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am down to the bare minimum this week for running - simply to keep my streak alive.  Nursing a sore something or other around my toe.  Not serious - at least I don't think so.

Sandy - GL.

QOTD: I camped out in my car last October for OC 100k.  It was not as comfortable as I thought.  When I am there again, I will likely camp out in a tent on the school grounds or in the gym.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I didn't run and may run after work or not...it's beautiful out and the old man is building a deck so most likely when I get home he will still be working so I'll run.  Gym at lunch.

QOTD:  Yes I have and I think it adds to the fun.  I like hanging out with other runners before hand and even waking up,  Not to mention it takes away all the stress of making sure you get there on time or not getting lost on way there.

Sandy:  Good luck tomorrow on your 50 miler...at least you know it's longer than 50 miles

DD:  The guys at the gym were standing around watching it...as in not working out just watching TV.    which brings me to this since you and Etreme go to gyms.  You ever look around and see how may people are just sitting on the machines, staring in space or adjusting there ipods!   f it's a machine I want to use it really pisses me off.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Seven miles last night with the Lady at Green Lane. Must have been high school kids night at the park. The place was hopping with them hiking, lounging, and doing whatever they do. Warm night, first full shirtless run of the season up here. I will do 6 or 7 this afternoon with the Lady. Taking off early to run and do yard chores. Racing, er well, running 50K in AT land this Sunday.

QOTD: Yes, a few times. Mohican we will be camping again. The start is 1/4 mile or less from our camping spot in the state park.

Sandy - good luck this weekend!

Queenie - yes, see that all the time at the planet of fitness. They just sit there and stare at the damn phone for 5 minutes, do a set for 1 minute. Pretty impressed with this chick the other day thoug.... She was texting while doing planks!

DD - I like football but that draft business is a bit too much for me. LOL, I am a Browns fan and the #1 pick did not seem overjoyed!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Queen - We don't have a lot of that problem at the gym I go to. There is one guy that will be in there in the evenings that is very much like that. He'll come in, get a bunch of dumbbells off the rack, lay them around a bench, lift with a few of them then sit there playing on his phone. Then he leaves to go to the machine room and if the dumbbells are gone when he gets back it makes him mad. Not that anyone seems to care. I've watched him spend almost a hour mostly sitting on a bench playing with his phone and occasionally lifting.  He's about the only one that really does it. The biggest problem that I encounter are the guys that just come in looking pissed off at the world and are visibly upset that anyone else is there. Have quite a few of those and they invariably leave a mess behind when they leave.

Extreme - I missed his initial reaction because the computer was running slow at that moment.  I'm not really a Browns fan, but the past few years I've been watching them  and hoping they can turn some things around. Lord knows their fans need that..  I was glad to see that they didn't take a QB. I think they have a chance to succeed with what they have and should solidify the rest of the team before bringing in another inexperienced QB and throwing him to the wolves.

Good luck at Ironmasters.  I'll be back down in Delaware on the nice trails doing the triple crown.

NHLA

8 miles around the mountain.

Qotd camped at the blue Ridge relay.