Trailer Trash

"Is this the right day?" Sundailies :) (Read 32 times)

Other than being a really bad allergy day, it was a beautiful morning for our 4 mile trail run.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Sundays are the best!  especially two days in a row.    Got in a short run yesterday between swim events.  Tried out a new (but paved) trail that was an old trolley line.  It was nice, certainly better than the road option along the pike.  It was surprisingly hilly.

qotd:  It's Sunday, what's for dinner?  for us, it will be visiting our favorite Pho restaurant, after the swim meet and a day of kiting for DH.

Occasional Runner

I ran the Sinister Night Run 54K down here in AZ. It was boiling hot in the beginning (97 degrees) and never got much cooler after the sun set. I started in 16th but slowly worked my way up toward the front and finished in 5th place overall. I had a lot of fun and a RR will be out soon.

QOTD: Whatever sounds good at the airport.

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Star Wars Day.  May the 4th be with you.  (I majored in chemistry in the early 80's, so yes, I'm a nerd.)

6 easy miles on the now grassy XC ski trails.  Beautiful morning here.

QOTD:  Chicken on the grill, and some corn on the cob.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

finally got my bike!!!  my run  jog yesterday up Mount Jumbo went pretty well, my fitness has definitely declined w/o running for the last 6 weeks though, only made it about 3/4 of the way until I was forced to walk- took it nice and easy on the way down

will try and get 4-5 miles in today, probably go exploring a little w/ the bike too

qotd: something on the grill, haven't decided yet- we are headed out to the Atomic Cafe this AM for pork verde breakfast burritos Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

Cut the 10 last night to four because my calf felt like shit, I'll test it out and try for 10 today.

QOTD The rumor is it's taco Sunday here at work, I usually make some burritos with the grilled seasoned chicken and all the other junk on top.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I ran the North Face - Bear Mountain 50 miler yesterday...nothing today except lounging and recovery beers.  I'll get a race report together this afternoon.

QOTD: Dunno, but we're having a birthday brunch for DF's parents, so that.

**Ask me about streaking**

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got 10 miles in this morning on the trails, it.... wasn't great I'll say that much. I felt sluggish and tired, but the good news is my legs didn't give me any issues so I guess that is a good thing. My garmin started beeping low battery (I knew I should have charged it yesterday!) around 3 miles, I hoped and prayed to make it to mile 5 before starting my cardio trainer on my phone to go with my watch until it died. I wasn't sure if my watch would save the work out if it did die in the middle of it so I saved the first 5 miles and started a new one. The garmin made it to 3.63 or 8.63 technically before dying.

Lesson learned? Make sure my garmin is close to or fully charged before my runs.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Chnaiur

SRD. Ran twice yesterday: first a decent-pace 5-miler in the park, and then 400-meter laps on the stadium with my 5-year-old. He set a new PR with 2:20 :-)

QOTD: I managed to make some nice apple chutney that needs a dish to go with it. I'm thinking Vietnamese lettuce-chicken rolls.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Sandy-2

50k fatass today. Slow, but it felt great.

qotd: going out to a Chinese place tonight.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

finally got my bike!!!  my run  jog yesterday up Mount Jumbo went pretty well, my fitness has definitely declined w/o running for the last 6 weeks though, only made it about 3/4 of the way until I was forced to walk- took it nice and easy on the way down

will try and get 4-5 miles in today, probably go exploring a little w/ the bike too

Enjoy the new bike!  Be sure to post photos for us!

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

18 miles in the woods with Earl and my running partner.  Beautiful day out there..cooler then yesterday.  Perfect running weather.  Legs a little sluggish but still good.

qotd:  chicken shik ka bobs with peppers, pineapples, and rice.  I' m going to have a monitor with it!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

Ran about 3 hours in the heat of the day, 87*F, and it was a little muggier than the weather guy predicted. Nevertheless, I had a chance to try out some Tailwind today thanks to dpc3. A three hour run isn't really enough to determine if this stuff is life changing, BUT heat generally kills me, especially with direct sunlight. I had a lot of direct sunlight on this run. I never had any issues whatsoever. I did eat a couple of orange wedges along the way, but that was only because I like oranges. Normally, I would have probably had at least one point where I felt a little down on energy in today's conditions. It never happened. I felt great the whole time. I am going to order some tomorrow to really put it to the test in the coming weeks and months. I think this may work for me, and if it does, I will never eat another gel.

QOTD: Jambalaya and my last Parish Brewing Company's Envie. I think it is the best pale ale in the state of Louisiana. Beer consumption will be almost non-existent until I get through Pinhoti in November. I want to be as light as I can be.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

LB2: Just stay away from the dark beers, that should do it. Light beer tastes better anyway. 

Free Soul: Now my lesson learned would have been: Ditch the garmin...

Rest day again, unplanned, in favor of DS's running ambitions. He had another kids' race today, and he had a lot of fun. It was very windy and cool, and I was surprised how well the older kids ran. 5th-graders who ran sub-7-miles, wow!

QOTD: Veggie wraps with avocado.

Run for fun.