Trailer Trash

back to the grinder Mondaily (Read 21 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

my favorite day 

got a nice 5-ish mile run in yesterday, going to strength train this evening

qotd: one pair of shoes until they die, multiple pairs of the same shoe or multiple pairs of different shoes?  I try and rotate in different shoes- different drops, different stack heights, etc- most of my runs in with the PI N3's, but get a couple of runs with different shoes.  Seems to help stave off injuries???

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Back home from NW Louisiana Friday afternoon (work gig) so normal routine here. LB, found some trails of course near Shreveport. Bobcau WMA northeast of town and the Monkey Trail at Eddie D Jones park southwest of town. Mountain bike trails for the most part but fun and good for running. Glad to get home with only a 90 minute delay considering I connected through Atlanta on the flight home. It was a mess down there I guess due to storms last week.

Spring finally is really here in PA. Two mid-distance runs this weekend.. 13 on Saturday on the trail at French Creek and 15+ on Sunday, green lane lake loopie. Followed both those runs up with 2-3 hour sessions in the yard (mowing, raking, weeding, trimming, blah blah). Today I believe a 7-8 mile road run is the plan to shake out the legs and the trail miles. Plus the Lady needs a day off.

QOTD: Multiple pairs. I have 3 pairs at the moment, Altra Lone Peak and Olympus for the trails, Torin for those few and far between road runs. Am about to add a fresh pair of Lone Peaks into the rotation. I run in those most frequently and at some point like to have an older and newer pair in the mix. The older/near retirement pair then gets used for shorter runs.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

Xtreme: I am glad you got to run a little different terrain down here. I did the same in Colorado last week. I wasn't very happy to get back to my old trails yesterday.

Mondays are usually an SRD, but I may sneak in a run depending on what time I get home tonight.

QOTD: Multiple pairs of different shoes. Right now, I am running two different Hoka's, one pair of Altra's, and a pair of Scott's.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Power walking today.  I think this is really helping me, and unfortunately I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of walking in my race, so good to train those muscles a well.

LB - any problem with the elevation in CO (besides the falls)?

Warden - Is that another smile? You must be getting "happier".

QOTD:  Always like to mix them up, including heel drop.  Lone Peaks, Olympus, a pair of Mizuno's and 2 different pairs of Inov8's right now. I have 2 sizes of Olympus and plan on using the larger one the second day of my race if/when feet swell up.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

I'm trying this running thing again.  It seems if I only run every other day my doesn't hurt. Got in 4.6 on Friday and 4.7 beautiful trail miles last night!

QOTD I have about 4 different versions of Brooks Ghost and Glycerin in rotation. I wear the newer ones on the trails and older ones on the road.

NHLA

NHLA

4.5 miles around the mt. Lots of yard work.

qotd  2 pairs of road shoes and one pair of trail shoes.

runtraildc

rest day for me. Maybe some strength training later.

Muppy- Injury? or just a break?

qotd: Usually rotating thru 2 pair of trail shoes (Peregrines and cascadias)and one pair of road shoes (brooks launch)

AT-runner

Tim

I'm trying this running thing again.  It seems if I only run every other day my doesn't hurt. Got in 4.6 on Friday and 4.7 beautiful trail miles last night!

QOTD I have about 4 different versions of Brooks Ghost and Glycerin in rotation. I wear the newer ones on the trails and older ones on the road.

We missed you. Injury?

NHLA = yard looks nice.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

Wow nice yard NHLA. I'm still lookin at dead brown grass.

6 slow this morning, really felt yesterdays 17. Was thinking about going long the first weekend of June but after yesterday I don't know if I can be ready in time

QOTD; i buy most of my shoes off the clearance rack so i got about 4 different pairs in the mix

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hmm must not of hit post....so here it is again.  rest day.  Ankle is a bit sore from the long  run yesterday 12 miles.  I think the lifts are helping though.  Gym at lunch.

QOTD:  I wear one pair of shoes at a time.  I have an older pair which I might grab cause the newer ones are wet still.

Warden:  Nice picture...did it snow on you later?

Muppy: "It seems if I only run every other day my doesn't hurt"  are you trying to keep us guessing or is it a personal spot? 

NHLA:  The yard looks awesome!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

queen- we got snowed on as we were heading down, as we got lower it started changing over to rain- raining pretty hard by the time we hit the truck

really pretty around here now, all the mountains got a fresh coat of white "paint" 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

A rest day from running but about to head out on my road bike for some miles. A little breezy though and we all know the wind will be constantly shifting depending on my direction.   Two, yes two more days of this grinding work thing. Can't effing wait! My DW keeps talking about a honey dew list. What is that anyway?? I just give her a confused look and ask for another beer.

Muppy: "It seems if I only run every other day my doesn't hurt"  are you trying to keep us guessing or is it a personal spot? 

QOTD--I have 5 pairs in the current rotation. 2 more new pairs in waiting. With no scientific proof I also believe mixing up different shoes helps to stay injury free.

Adding on the weather--A cold front to roll in a little later but it is 71F here while at my cabin it is 28F with 3-5" expected. Bizarre.

Daydreamer1

So while all of you are heading back to work I'll just point out that I have my normal three days in a row off . Don't go back in until Thursday.

Got a bunch of things to do including putting the mower on the tractor. Grass will soon be looking like NHLA's.  Going to head out for a 5-6 mile run. Not feeling the best and it seems it's officially a spring cold that has me down .  Today was gym day but I just don't have the energy.

Muppy - Ahh, another prodigal son returns. Welcome back, we missed you.  Now if we could just find Blarg, moonlight runner and a few more.

AT - Get real good at that walking and you can pace me at the Sole Challenge.........Oh crap, I think I forgot to sign up . It was a busy weekend and I was waiting until a new credit card cycle.

NH - Amazing how that wind always hits you in the face when you're on a bike. Actually read where they did some wind tunnel studies and found that even a side wind that is coming from a few degrees behind you puts on more drag then it gives push.

QOTD: Usually have several in the mix. Generally one main pair then have a few others in the mix. Right now my main pair is my Bondi 4. Wearing out a pair of Altra Olympus, and if I get on any real rough trails I'll wear my speegoats unless it's a shorter run then it will be the Asics gel scouts.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a 3 mile trail run on my way back from a work meeting.  Someone turned up the heat.  Felt a bit like summer.  It was good though.  I hot 100 consecutive days of running today.  That by far exceeds any previous streaks I had.  But overall mileage is low so there is that...

Good to see you Muppy!

QOTD: I have (4) pair of Hokas in cycle.  Well one I just bought so they are just being introduced.  Two are Challenger 2, one is Challenger 1, and one is the Clifton 2.  I also have a pair of Asics that I use strictly for TM running.

Have a good day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday