Trailer Trash

It's Monday (Read 31 times)

Sandy-2

Decided to sleep in today, so it's a SRD for me.  Plus when I walked out to my car this morning it wasn't good...  6:30am, 81*, 100%.  A good day to skip a run. Since I'm tapering for Friday, rest is good.

Drop bags are all packed and ready, just need to pick up one or two things and I'm good to go.  Now what do I do.....  

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  strength training this evening and a bikemmute to work

qotd: your average hourly calorie intake on long runs, I used to shoot for 250 or so, but find I do better w/ closer to 150-175, probably a little light for a 190 lbs, but I have less gastric issues staying lower

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

qotd: I guess I  also stay around 150 to 175 cal / hr between Gels and HEED.  Every once in a while I'll take in an extra Gel or eat something from an aid station if I'm feeling hungry.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Birdwell

Morning folks! Not sure what today will bring, other than a dentist appointment.

Still a bit sleep deprived after working the race at Bryce Canyon.

We made 6 packs of Ramen, 8 gels and 10 lbs of potatoes stretch and feed 60+ runners overnight.

(It was pretty funny. We started hitting runners up to let us use the food their drop bags for other runners if they weren't going to use it. We got a number of donations that way)

It was another brutal year with around 65 or 70 finishers out of 170 starters from the 100.

A lot of people are still underestimating the difficulty of that course.

Lace- sorry to hear about the drop.

QOTD: I've aimed for 300 based on my size (6'3" and 215). It's always been a struggle to get that much down.

I'll be experimenting with that and adjusting over the summer.

sugnim

Good morning all.  It's been a while since I've poked my head in here.  Life with a baby sure is different--SO busy!  My mileage is way way down.  But, I got in a quick little 4 mile run this morning before work.  I've been able to squeeze in a few short runs most weeks, but my weekend long runs are definitely out the window for a while.

QOTD:  I can't eat while I run; it makes me sick.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning everyone,

SRD for me today, and a bit of a cutback week too. Last week I pushed it a little, I did two high(ish) mile

weeks in a row, now I cutback to recovery and get ready for another push next week. 

QOTD: I'm still figuring this out. For last Saturday's 20 miler I was under 200 cals/hr., that seems to work for

a while then I need to supplement. It's a fine line; mixing too much and I have GI issues, too little and it doesn't

meet my needs. I guess that's the age-old dilemma for endurance.

XtremeTaper

Rest day, or should I say rest week. Ran 70.5 miles on Saturday on this little hiking trail in southwest PA. Went well. I have my WS qualifier again so get to enter that lottery and lose again later this year.

QOTD: We are supposed to count calories? I swig Gatorade, pop gels, and that seems to get me through most runs. If there is an aid station with food I will eat things from there as well. If it's my own training run, 4+ hours I will have a pbj.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning all.  It's been a while since I've poked my head in here.  Life with a baby sure is different--SO busy!  My mileage is way way down.  But, I got in a quick little 4 mile run this morning before work.  I've been able to squeeze in a few short runs most weeks, but my weekend long runs are definitely out the window for a while.

Hey stranger!  Smile  Welcome back!  How old is your cute kiddo now?

Running is dumb.

No run yesterday or today.

My house is conspiring against my trip.  The hot water heater flooded the basement.  I had to tear out a wall to get the old one out and the new one in.  There was a big freezer in the way that we decided to get rid of. along with tons of other crap to move or dispose of and generally just a lot of work Sad

I think Marley thinks she is going on my trip.  My stuff is all packed and next to her bed which goes on trips if she comes along.  She seems to be watching me and the packed stuff like a hawk and spending a lot of time in her bed.  My wife observed that Marley thinks she is packed to go.

The trip is probably delayed for a few more days unless things fall into place fast.  I guess that more time for the snow to melt may be a good thing any way as long as the wildfires don't start being a problem too soon.  I hate being on a trip where I breathe smoke all day.

QOTD:  I have no idea.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Nice running weekend, and now the hot and humid temps return.

sugnim - welcome back baby momma.

QOTD:  6' and 195 pounds here.  I try to take in 225 cal/hr. on training runs.  At races I might be a little more.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

sugnim

Hey stranger!  Smile  Welcome back!  How old is your cute kiddo now?

Hey, Mandy--how's that hip been treating you?  My little one is 8 months old now.  Here he is with my pooch during a run in Missoula's North Hills.

Gator eye

I got out and did a couple check and see miles. I checked and yes my calf is still hurting, looks like another week off.

QOTD: I thought I had it figured out but according to my last race results I was just foolin myself.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

That's a great photo!  I bet they're both happy to get outside with you.

My hip is now refurbished Smile  They cut me open and fixed me up back in March.  I'm still not allowed to run yet, but I'm almost there!  Spending a lot of time on the bike lately.

Running is dumb.

moonlightrunner

Hey, Mandy--how's that hip been treating you?  My little one is 8 months old now.  Here he is with my pooch during a run in Missoula's North Hills.

Two cuties in one picture!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

5 1/2 this morning with Earl...a little chilly and windy out there...Monday is usually my rest day after a long run  but thought I would give it a whirl and was a little tired heading up the hill.  Glad I did it.

QOTD: I eat a quarter of a PBJ evey hour.  Unsure how many calories.  If not that then one gu per hour so thats about 90 calories.  In a race I usually drink the sport drink they are offering and pop a potatoe or two in my mouth.

Hi Sugnim...thanks for checking in.  We missed you but totally understand how a new baby can take up most of your time.  Very cute little guy!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄