Trailer Trash

Taste the Tuesdaily (Read 30 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It is Tuesday folks! I got in a fartlek kind of run last night.  First I ran 1.1 with DS - we are in training for a mudrun 5k in August.  Later I went out for 4 miles and decided to mix up the pace between blocks as I ran through the hood.  It was fun actually.

QOTD: Favorite smoothie flavor/type?

Blimey Limey for me.  We have been making a lot this summer.  Kids love picking their own ingredients - as long as we have a bunch of fruit in the house.  But I have been experimenting with different things.  This morning it was strawberry-raspberry lemonade smoothie.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Good morning all... not sure of the running plans today. I would like to get into 8-10 miles so likely a run out at French Creek State Park. Last night was a trail tempo run out at Coventry Woods. Started off at a regular but decent pace on the 2 mile climb and short descent down to the fishing pond (the Lady's water stop) then kicked it in to gear for the easier ascent back up to the ridge, along the ridge, and screamed back down the other side. Nothing more fun than kicking it into gear on the second half of this route. Oh, and it finally felt like a proper summer evening. Warm sticky and humid. I loved it. Unfortunately the rain did not start until we got home. I should have ran a few slow cool down miles out there... I may have gotten doused.

QOTD: Pineapple, mango for me.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

2 hours yesterday after work. I ran a 4.1 mile loop this morning before daylight in 42 minutes. I am getting away from focusing on mileage and shifting focus to time. That is always a hard transition for me, but it gets easier as I move toward an event. So, this month, I'll still be somewhat aware of mileage, but I'll be totally focused on time by the end of the month.

QOTD: I am pretty much a banana, protein powder, chocolate, peanut butter smoothie guy. I like those. In fact, last night my wife mentioned getting some stuff to make smoothies.

LB2

muppy

5.7 miles on the rail trail last night.

QOTD  I prefer lots of strawberries  with a banana and some yogurt thrown in.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Folks!  4 miles of hill work, 1300' in 3/4 of a mile

my "normal " smoothie is frozen tropical fruit, plain yogurt, banana, protein powder and a little OJ

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

City run this morning, 25 blocks up to Central Park, a quick lap around the lower loop and then 25 blocks back to the hotel.  Warm and humid.  Lots of cyclists, inspired by the TdF I guess.

Here is a photo on top of my local mountain, Jangsan, from my run with the two US Air Force guys last Sunday.  One of the guys posted it on a FB group for Korean trail running. I'm on the right in blue, guess I need sunglasses once up on top of Jangsan, especially when it is hazy.  What's stranger than seeing a crazy American running the trails?  I guess 3 of them.

qotd:  I don't drink enough smoothies in order to have a favorite.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Wanted to run this morning but didn't get up...will do some type of joggy after work so I can run Jack and Earl.

QOTD: I make smoothies at home that consist of a Costco frozen berry mix, yogurt, juice and whatever over ripe fruit I have laying around.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

some call me Tim

Yesterday's rest day turned out to be not so restful as I try to chase down a cracked waterline coming from the well that as far as I can tell now lies *beneath* a 20' tall arborvitae. I was not in a good place. But today is a new day, and though the mystery fatigue lingers, I will probably try to get in 7 slow miles around home. Gosh, it's hot out there!

qotd: We use whatever fruit and juice that happen to be around, but I do have a fondness for a kale smoothie that's a little on the chewy side... also a big fan of enough ginger to make it spicy and/or a pinch of cilantro to round it out.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hiya Trailers! I'm alive! Not running really, but am currently 270+ miles into a bike trip (as those of you on FB have seen.) Out biggest day yet has been 86 miles. Ouch. It was along the Mississippi River, so it was a beautiful ride and we stopped for ice cream in the afternoon, which helped moral. Anyway, we're currently in Eau Claire, Wisconsin on a much needed rest day. 230ish miles left to get home.

QOTD: I just had a java chip frapp from Starbucks, does that count?? Otherwise something with strawberries or pineapple and coconut.

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

After a long wait at the airport and getting my dad on to his flight, I am now driving back to PA, not home, but to northern PA to meet u with DH and the kids for our yurt/camping vacation. 400 miles is a loooong way. 

Got quite a heart rate bump up when the truck that I was about to pass blew one of his tires. Parts (some quite large) flying around, raining onto my car. No visible damage, luckily, no big deal for the truck, I guess, but scary for me nonetheless.

sandy: nice I pic, looking good!

qOTD: at work, we have a peach-pear-apricot yogurt smoothie which I really like. At home, I make my own with kale, vanilla yogurt, fresh blueberries, a few carrots, and protein powder mixed in. Best thing is, you don't taste the kale at all. But I don't drink smoothies often, usually only after really long runs.

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Got up to my favorite area for some nice running. Got in a little over 20 miles. Not a lot of vert but some really sweet trails. Too much road between the trails to suit me but I guess nothings perfect.  A lot of mud.

Jamie - A mud run . Hey if gets the kiddo running that's what counts.

Sandy - My eyes are so sensitive to light I couldn't imagine being out without some type of sunglasses.

Blarg - Ah, the joys of home repair. Sometimes frustrating, always interesting. Sounds like it's time to rent a little track hoe and have some fun .

Mandy - So your turning into a bike tourist. Someday maybe I'll have some time to do that. I used to keep up with the blogs of several bike tourists. Interesting stuff.

FTYC - Blowouts. That takes me back to my days when I was in the trucking business. A blowout can actually cost a trucker thousands of dollars. I've seen them rip fuel tanks off the trucks and wreck cars. I quit using retreaded tires partly because of that. Then the tire industry did a study and claimed that more then 50% of the tires that blow out are actually new ones.

QOTD: Don't really do a lot of smoothies but I would prefer anything with chocolate, peanut butter or strawberries.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

FTYC - Blowouts. That takes me back to my days when I was in the trucking business. A blowout can actually cost a trucker thousands of dollars. I've seen them rip fuel tanks off the trucks and wreck cars. I quit using retreaded tires partly because of that. Then the tire industry did a study and claimed that more then 50% of the tires that blow out are actually new ones.

Run for fun.

slosh

6 miles.  Great run.  Was nice and cool which makes a huge difference for me.  Didn't want to stop but had to get home for daughter duty so wife could go to gym.

qotd:  don't do smoothies much

DigDug2

Quick 5 on the TM at work - too lazy to venture out into the hot and humid world.

QOTD:  usually berries, bananas and yogurt - I'm not very creative with smoothies.