Trailer Trash

Marie's MMT Monday (Read 37 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Way to go Couch !!!!

I was away over the weekend paying golf in NJ.  Got 2 short runs in during the hot humid weather.  Acclimatization runs, I guess.

QOTD:  Ideal running temperature?

I like it around 55-60 degrees, and if given a choice I'd rather run in 5 degree weather than 85 degree weather.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Congratulations, Couch!   I barely managed 3 miles in the heat and humidity yesterday, so adding a hundred to that is beyond my imagination.    Today is a rest day-- I'm heading to the gym shortly for some strength training.

qotd:  35-65.  a wide range is good for me, as long as the upper temps don't come with high humidity.

XtremeTaper

Big MMT morning congrats to Couch. I just had a feeling she would do well at MMT.

Another humid day here. Might be dodging t-storms later to get my run in. We'll see. Some rain might feel good during a run today.

I did a bit of running on the MMT course myself this weekend. 2 hour out/back up Short Mountain on Friday afternoon, and Saturday well after the runners were on their way we ran a 3 hour out/back from Edinburg gap towards Woodstock Tower. Phew. That was a warm and humid run. Volunteered at MMT this weekend and we camped out at Edinburg Friday night and Saturday at 4:15am the crew cars came streaming into the ATV lot as our wakeup call. We headed down to assist setup but things were already in control by the rest of our team and around 6am the first runners started streaming through. It was fast and furious working that first aid station.. typically we've done later aid stations and the runners are more dispersed as they arrive. Also more tired! This meant though we were done and shutdown about 8:30am as opposed to 12-24 hour shifts so that was pretty cool.

QOTD: Best running weather for me is 50-65, but I do prefer hot over cold. So I'd take 85 over 25 any day.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

some call me Tim

Congrats Couch!

I haven't seen a runner tracking app quite like the MMT one before and enjoyed how it gave you some relevant info to help with estimating when a runner would arrive at the next checkpoint.

Rest day for me today, though I am unofficially starting the next training cycle. I'll make it a 12 week plan, though, and just get the weekly mileage up close to 50 by the 'official' start of it a month from now.

qotd: Mid 60s and low humidity. And I also will generally take heat over cold, but if we're splitting hairs:

85 v 5 -> 85

85 v 25 -> 25

LB2

I'll get 7 to 10 after work if the lightning holds off.

QOTD: I would say 40 to 45 and partly sunny. My main issues are direct sun exposure and high humidity, which makes for some miserable summer time runs for me since I live in Louisiana.

LB2

Watoni

Probably a rest day today due to work. I did ride my bike for the first time this weekend (brief test Friday, then hill work Saturday and Sunday. Left ankle is still fairly swollen, but not bruised anymore. Running seems far off.

QOTD: 60-70 degrees, generally sun but sometimes a light rain?

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this am but did get up and pick up dogs shit so it was productive.  Have stuff and may run 5 at lunch.  Usually a day off but thinking that part of my training for my first 50 miler would include running the day after your long run.

QOTD:  60 and sunny.  Hate starting out cold and don't mind the warmth.  Guess it all depends on how far I am running cooler for longer runs..50s.

Saw this this morning at the PO.  So beautiful and full of busy bees so I had to share.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

Congratulations Marie, that's simply amazing!

got in 7.1 yesterday around some lake on A bike trail and  some single track in the woods.

QOTD I  prefer temperatures in the 40s, it's 83° with a 72 dew point now, bah humbug!

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work so it's a SRD.

QOTD: 50-65. Anything less and my knees bother me unless I wear tights or long pants. I actually wear gloves anytime it's in the 50s. Anything over 65 and the heat starts to bother me.  If I'm on the bike it's totally different. I like when it gets above 75 and don't mind the heat until it reaches at least 95. I've biked in 100-105 degrees and didn't really mind that too much.  I guess it's the ability of the higher speeds to promote evaporation.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Congrats Marie!  I can only dream about 100 mile runs. Rode the bike today to work, strength training this evening

qotd: probably 40's with little to no wind

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Travel day, visiting my FIL on the way back. Just learned that I'll have to be at work at 5:30 am tomorrow... Recovery is going well, no sore muscles, just achy hips, and lots of chafing on the back and shoulders, and a few blisters on my feet. QOTD: I prefer it warm, somewhere around 65 to 85 degrees, provided it's not very humid. Also, if I get out early and ease into the heat of the day, I do much better than stepping out from an airconditioned room into hot, humid weather.

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got out for a 7.5 mile loop (at Blue Marsh Lake) on my way back from a meeting.  It was humid out and I was covered in sweat.  The run was probaly 60% under the cover of trees and 40% exposed to the sun.  I like the trees!

Congrats Marie! Can't wait to hear all about MMT.  You are quite an amazing and persistent person.  I can only imagine that the humidity added to the carnage.

QOTD: Ideal would be 50 degrees with a light wind.  I don't mind warmer if there is low humidity and/or a light rain.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Once again Congrats to FTYC !!!

I took an extra SRD today (Tues).  Will make up the miles later this week I guess.

qotd: 40's.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL