Trailer Trash

Funday -Friday (Read 17 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Thought I'd add the "Fun" to the title, but not for any special reason.  Probably a SRD today.  Not 100% sure, but might go out his evening.  Weather looks good for the weekend, so long run tomorrow probably chasing down some thru hikers on the AT.  The SOBO's are looking more tired then usual this year. I think they have had some bad weather issues.

Good luck to any racers. Anyone working or crewing this weekend?  I'm sure I'll follow WS run. Good luck Kelly.

QOTD:  Weekend plans?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength train this evening, should be running it's cool and overcast today finally

qotd: headed to Missoula tomorrow, will get a 6-ish mile run in the morning before I leave; Sunday I'll hook up with a buddy there for a morning run- not sure if it'll be short or long- have to see

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Short and easy later today.

QOTD: Aside from working Saturday and Sunday evenings, I plan to stalk follow runners I know at Western States. I also have a fatass style small group run planned for Saturday morning. The designated distance is 50K on the Mt Joy - Mt Misery loop, but given my pace, I'll only run 3-4 loops (12-16 miles).

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

muppy

6.9 road miles around town.

Good luck on your fat ass George!

QOTD I work both days.  I have something we were supposed to do but I can't remember what it is.  I'm sure somebody will remind me.....

runtraildc

Haven't run since Sunday, determined to give this d**n foot a rest.  Anything else has been difficult also so I've just given up on any exercise except gardening .  However, I think it is paying off since the swelling is almost gone and I can walk mostly discomfort free.

So I've been using my running time to look at Springer rescues and puppies. I don't really want a puppy though, as cute as they are.  1-2 year old rescue, housebroken and ready to run is my ideal. No luck so far.

I've been telling myself I can run on Sunday so there's my answer to the qotd.

XtremeTaper

I did get out to French Creek for 4 miles last night. I hiked, jogged the first 2 miles, but then I heard frequent thunder and switched to jogging/running it in. The storm sort of fizzled with just sprinkles and pretty much stopped by the time I got to the car. I think it was a small cell mostly south of me. No running today, just a short walk with the dogs and the missus.

QOTD: A short trail run or two, round of golf tomorrow afternoon, a little maintenance weeding in the yard followed , pool plunges to cool off, dinner/beer at Iron Hill brewery in Phoenixville.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So got up to do Inferno Pilates and than ran little of 6 with my boys.  They usually want to sniff and mark but sensing Mom was a little tired from her workout they proceed to run forward with very little shenanigans.

QOTD:  We are going to go to Fast Friday tonight and then Saturday to a friends birthday party in San Francisco..he really pushes the shots so planning on being hungover on Sunday.  so maybe we will have enough in us to hike a little and laying around at the lake the rest of the day.  Running Saturday before we leave maybe 13..that's a long run these days.  It's Western States this weekend and it took me by surprise as I thought it was next weekend.  May show up Sunday morn to see a friend cross the line.  We shall see.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD:  Besides some running, on Sunday we're heading to Baltimore for a crab feed with DW's family. FIL and MIL will be up from South Carolina, so it will be good to see the old folks.  One of DW's sisters is a a real pain in the ass, but we usually avoid her most of the day.  If you're a Marylander, you know crabs ALWAYS go with beer, and Old Bay is the ONLY seasoning that ever used.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

SRD. Feeling like a zombie. This has turned into a week from hell. Ended up getting out of work several hours late every morning, and I still have to go back in tonight.  Really should have got out of bed a little sooner as I should have went to a viewing with DW.  A member of what I'll describe as our extended family was killed in a trench collapse. Didn't know him real well, I would have just been going to extend sympathies to those that I do know better.  He was a year older than me.  Made a bad decision and it cost him his life.  Makes me think of all the times I've gambled, took a risk, and won or at least didn't lose.

QOTD: Work tonight. Sleep tomorrow morning. Clean the Church in the afternoon. Hopefully run in the afternoon/evening. Sleep like a dead man tomorrow night. Church Sunday morning.  Praying for a long run in the afternoon. Visit parents in the evening.  Oh yea, try to find time to follow WS some and try to figure out what Brexit means for me.

QOTD:  Besides some running, on Sunday we're heading to Baltimore for a crab feed with DW's family. FIL and MIL will be up from South Carolina, so it will be good to see the old folks.  One of DW's sisters is a a real pain in the ass, but we usually avoid her most of the day.  If you're a Marylander, you know crabs ALWAYS go with beer, and Old Bay is the ONLY seasoning that ever used.

Any idea if the crabs they are serving actually come from the bay these days.  Several years ago my Aunt and Uncle from Louisiana came up to Southern Maryland to see a friend. While at one of the popular crab houses they were talking with the waitress and found out that they were getting most of their crabs from Louisiana just a few miles from where they lived.  Same thing with oysters. Said it had to do with the bay being in bad shape.

NHLA

6 miles around the mt.  Damn its hot. Running in the 90s sucks.

We have a 50k trail race in late september near my house. Three loops. only 1300' climb per loop.

I would like to run it but it is just too hot now to get in more than 50mpw.

If any one is interested I will run the loop.  Race is in DuPont Forest.