Trailer Trash

Thawing Tuesday (Read 18 times)

runtraildc

Ok, we haven't been frozen really, but 20 degrees below average is getting old. It is supposed to make it into the low 50s today, which I'll take.

Yoga yesterday, which felt great. Today the plan is for 5 or so.

qotd: favorite cartoon to share? or just comment. Love the Far Side and this is one of my favorites.

Image may contain: drawing

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 8 miles in the woods. The morning sun was shyly peaking through the leafless tress, conducting a symphony of lights and shadows, as it playfully danced across the sleepy roots and rocks. So of course, I tripped and fell.  No damage, just a good laugh.

QOTD: Love the Far Side, but here's one from The Oatmeal. The guy who writes it is an ultrarunner.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

AT - Every time I get on a trail I briefly wonder if a fall is in order.  Glad no damage, and a good laugh at yourself. 

Will try for 8 on trail tonight that has a few nice technical sections.  Will be in the upper 40's so I think I'll break out the shorts!

QOTD:  I remember reading the funnies growing up.  I think The Far Side was a breakthrough in terms of taking it to a new level.  No real favorites, but I do like self-deprecating humor.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Queen of Nothing

Sue

4 1/2 this morning...in eventful.

QOTD:  Dilbert was good for awhile, far side good too.

AT:  Mother Nature has a nasty sense of humor. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

5.5 sunny miles, I really enjoyed it!

AT: Glad you didn't hurt yourself. I have phases where I fall on almost every run, but once I just take it as a given and don't worry about it, a new phase starts where I then don't fall for many months. Then I get too confident, and bang, I'm back to phase one again,... Hope your splat was just a single event!

traildc: Cold here, too, two nights ago the temperature went down to 16 degrees!! Well, at least +16, not minus 

Got some white fluff stuff yesterday, too, and I thought maybe the kids even get a snow day, but now it's slowly melting away in the sun. Yay!

Berto: Shorts, right - I think I'll wait until June or July to break these out for a few weeks...

I was wearing winter gear today with tights, long sleeves and a sweater, and at first I thought I'd be way overdressed (temperature was around 35 with a cold wind), but it turned out just right (for me, I'm wimp).

QOTD: from the New Yorker:

And here's one for the hunters:

Enjoy the day, trailers!

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Had to get up real early to take DD to the airport and airmail her to Texas. Glad I'm not paying the freight on that shipment.

Should get in 5-7 miles today but with the continuing cold there's no motivation to go out so we will see what happens.

Bert-o -  Self-deprecating humor is the best.

FTYC - Love the caveman cartoon.

QOTD:

Anything by these two is pretty good.  Hate that they aren't around anymore.

AT-runner

Tim

Here's my sunny morning.  Snow to start, then sun melted it away. Come on Spring!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles yesterday evening with DW and Tiny Elvis; I was the only one sporting a 45 lb pack (cough... crossfit... cough) 

strength train this evening (cough.... crossfit)

qotd: love the old Far Sides; this guy has a couple of cartoon books about Bigfoot- great sense of humor

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did 6 mi here in London this morning. Misty rain and upper 40’s. Lots of runners about. I think it’s because the London marathon is a week and a half away and folks are cramming.

qotd: love all the cartons.  I used to like the Gahan Wilson who did a lot of cartons in Playboy and New York back in the day.

tbd.