Trailer Trash

what a fricken good game Tuesdaily (Read 21 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

While I didn't have any big stake in the winner of the championship game last night, I was rooting for Clemson as the underdog.  What a game, I haven't seen that good of game in a long time- lots of twists and turns, just when you thought Alabama had the game in hand, Clemson would turn it around and vice versa.  The last minute of the game was crazy- Clemson driving, a field goal sends into overtime.  The time quickly ran down to single digits, they were well within field goal range to tie it up- they took a shot that landed them within the 5 yard line with 4 seconds on the clock.  The field goal is all but a sure thing, going for the win could easily result in the clock expiring and Alabama winning.  They went for it and scored- wow!

got a 5-ish mile run in the snow yesterday evening, temps are questionable today- going to bring my running stuff- if it's teens I'll run the trails, below I'll head to the gym.

qotd: college?  I have BS in Wildlife Biology- was needed to be a game warden; I was on the long (long) plan- had several breaks in going to school (four of those years in the Air Force, a couple years logging) almost ten years from start to finish, but did get it done 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'd like to see more schools take that approach, all or nothing. No particular favorites for me. My schools (U of I and UConn) don't have very good teams, so my season was over long ago. Warming up over the next few days so somewhere in there I'll get  a good interval workout, but today will be easy distance.

qotd: Jack of all trades here. BA in Political Science (minors in math and philosophy), MS in Biochemistry, M Div, and AS in Data Processing.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Cold 5.5 late last night. Temps should be warming up a bit in the next few days but I also think there's gonna be some rain.

I saw some of the first half and thought Bama would take it.  To my surprise, it turned into quite a game.

QOTD: B.S. in Bible; M.A. in Counseling; I am a LPC (licensed professional counselor) and currently working on my PhD in Psychology (almost done). When all is said and done I will have more letters after my name than my name itself.  And a large student loan to pay off.  

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Yeah, that was a good game. I sort of napped part of the 3rd quarter but woke back up for the best part. I gave Clemson a good chance to stick with Alabama, and they pulled it off. I think there was 6 seconds left on the clock for the winning TD play but still risky as if the play gets busted the game is over, even with a time-out in their back pocket. Alabama is not accustomed to teams sticking with them through 4 quarters. Ironically last loss by Alabama was to my Ohio St Buckeyes in 2014 who had their butts kicked by Clemson this year. Still weird seeing a college football game a week after New Year's.

The plan is to get out late afternoon for some trail miles with the Lady. Probably just 6-7 miles, but maybe pack the headlamp and stay out past dark? There is still some snow on the ground so it will be brighter.

QOTD: Associates Degree in Math/Science. I was book smart, probably could have taught math but decided to go into computer programming. Do they still call it that? Decided a job and money was better than more college and debt. My associates degree (in CA) pretty much cost me nothing. At the time (early 80's), community colleges out there were free other then books and a cheap registration fee not tied to course credits.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

DigDug2

Same as MT, I had no rooting interest but wanted Clemson to win to break the monotony of Alabama dominance.  Went to bed at halftime, with Clemson showing some signs of life late in the half - second half highlights and result were great.

Shoveled the high school track this morning and did 600 repeats.  (I'm on week 3 of a marathon training plan - gotta stick to the plan...) Apparently it takes 20 minutes to shovel a 400 meter path about 18 inches wide through 4" of snow.  Ran the repeats like crap, but I can blame that on the shoveling.

QOTD:  BA in philosophy and history, some grad school in history (no degree, didn't finish my master's thesis), then a JD.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am going to run on the treadmill at the gym today so my dogs don't know.  It was dumping this morning.  I have no problem running in the rain (although I prefer not too) but getting out of a warm bed to run in the rain isn't easy!!

QOTD: BS in Education from Northern Michigan University.  It took my 5 years because I wasn't applying myself.  I never was good at high school and would have never went to college except that we moved my senior year to a wealthy school where almost everyone went to college.

XT:  Sounds like the knee is getting better.

MT:  Don't turn this into a sports thread.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Also no stake, but was rooting for Clemson. I watched until some time in the 3rd quarter. I knew it had the possibility of being a wild finish, but canned it anyway.

I will do about 4 miles after work today, should be about 78 deg (yup, you read that correctly).

qotd: B.E. in naval architecture at SUNY Maritime.  I started down the Masters path at Stevens Tech, but I got transferred overseas early in my carrier and then got distracted getting my PE license and never went back.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

I kind of forgot about the game last night but would have found it and  watched it had it not been for a horde of firefighters descending on their station and clogging up the lounge. They had a training session so my partner and I decided to leave the building for a while then we never turned the TV back on when they left.  Plus if I would have watched it I'm sure we would have gotten a call. That always seems to happen.   I had no dog in the fight but am kind of happy that Clemson won just because I often root for the underdog in games that I don't care too much about.   The few highlights that I've watched looks like it was a really good game.

Going to head for the gym in a few minutes and try to beat the evening rush. Mostly weight lifting with some rowing for cardio.

Queen - Your dogs WILL know. Earl is a hound. You will come home and he will smell the sweat or that you are freshly showered. He will smell the rubber from the TM belt on your shoes. I predict he will take the passive aggressive approach to punish you and will wait until sometime later to dig up the yard, give a untimely pull on the leash or something else that you don't understand why he did it. He will know you betrayed him and will not forget it .

QOTD:  College???? What is this college thing you speak of ?

Dropped out of school after 9th grade.  Worked a variety of jobs then at the tender age of 22 started earning a degree in small business administration from SHK (School of Hard Knocks). Decided to switch careers so I got my GED and went to a diploma paramedic program that was one of the hardest in the country at the time. Put in about 2800 hours of education time in 14 1/2 months . Been working at that ever since and have taken a variety of college level courses over the years. I could probably mix, match and string something together to get some kind of a degree but it really wouldn't help me in anyway so I see no need at this point to spend any money on it and take time away from my running, biking, traveling etc.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

You know that dog...and Jack will forget the minute I give him a cookie!

Queen - Your dogs WILL know. Earl is a hound. You will come home and he will smell the sweat or that you are freshly showered. He will smell the rubber from the TM belt on your shoes. I predict he will take the passive aggressive approach to punish you and will wait until sometime later to dig up the yard, give a untimely pull on the leash or something else that you don't understand why he did it. He will know you betrayed him and will not forget it .

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Normal--At Christmas 2016

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, outdoor and nature

NOW!!!  Wow that's a lot of water...

Image may contain: outdoor, water and nature

muppy

Shoveled the high school track this morning and did 600 repeats.  (I'm on week 3 of a marathon training plan - gotta stick to the plan...) Apparently it takes 20 minutes to shovel a 400 meter path about 18 inches wide through 4" of snow. 

Dig Dug, stick with it and your time will get better!

Queen, hope everyone is safe with that flooding!

Five slow miles last night on the riverfront path.

I'm watching the game right now, I think the Alabama boy jinxed them when he started waving around the championship belt .

QOTD  I was going to college for visual arts/photography  but dropped out to follow the Grateful Dead around.  At the time it was the number seven school in the nation for photography and I only need two classes to complete it but I have no desire to.

Sandy-2

I saw the photo of No Hands Bridge posted the other day, I'll try to post it here later.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

runtraildc

Didn't run today, but got in some interval training and yoga. And a long nap. Have a kiddo home sick and I think I am fighting off the bug.

Sue- that pic and others I"ve seen on TV are incredible. Stay safe

qotd: BS in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. Yep, I'm pretty left brained. Lots of biological patterns, data and math. Didn't complete the double major in Statistics because I didn't bother finishing the final project.

LB2

I ran a short run after work today. I ran a really smooth, fairly fast 5 after work yesterday. I'll get my butt up in the morning and run, probably 5 but at least 4.

QOTD: After I got out of the Marines, I got a BA in Education (English and speech). Then, I got a Master's in Adult Education. I really like working in technical education. And I am glad to be able to work in that field. Unfortunately, we seem to keep getting our balls cut every fiscal year. I hope to see some changes in that area. The problem with where I work is that they try to use an academic model to run technical programs. I could go on for days, but I'll spare you the details.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

damn we got a lot smart SOB's here!  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √