Trailer Trash

Taco Thursdaily (Read 17 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Got on the trails for 7 miles or so.  A bit muggy but not too bad.  Woke up finally feeling like my body was on East Coast time.

QOTD:  If ordering out, what is your favorite Mexican meal?  I'm meeting a friend for lunch and he wants to go to a local Mexican place, hence the title. I usually order Huevos con Chorizo, which is eggs and Mexican sausage.  (Huevos con Chorizo Thursdaily didn't sound as ketchy.)

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Could sleep last night until about 1:30 so ended up getting up late. That's the joys of working night shift and I'll be doing four in a row over the weekend.  Having a bunch of heavy showers going through the area. They're about done, one more on the radar then I'll head up on the mountain for at least 7 miles maybe as much as 16+  depending how I feel.

DW just chased me out of the kitchen with the spatula . She's making woopie pies for work and didn't appreciate my efforts at testing for quality control .

QOTD: My go to Mexican is a beef or steak burrito. I look for something that has either shredded beef or strips of steak. I prefer that over the ground beef.  Also like enchiladas.  Hmmmm...............Now I know what's going to be for supper sometime next week. DW makes some really good enchiladas. We've used a spicy turkey sausage in them and they turn out real nice.

AT-runner

Tim

DW just chased me out of the kitchen with the spatula . She's making woopie pies for work and didn't appreciate my efforts at testing for quality control .

That's me on cookie baking days.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I had a hard time getting up this morning. I stayed up and watched some of the debacle (debate), but I got disgusted and went to bed before it was over. I did eventually get up and ran 4.?? in 43 minutes, probably about 4.3 miles. It was a muggy 74 at 4AM today. It should be in the upper 50's in the morning. I am looking forward to that.

QOTD: I usually get a burrito or soft taco, sometimes a fish taco. I am not very good at ordering Mexican food. Many times I am disappointed in what I get. I don't know the difference between a soft taco and a burrito or a chimichanga. And the only difference I can get from those three and a fajita is that I have to put the fajita together myself.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

My brother is visiting so we bagged Elkhorn Peak yesterday, the weather was a little sketchy and more snow than I anticipated, your typical mtwarden outing 

going to try and get 5-ish in this evening

qotd: I like almost all Mexican food, if I had to choose one it would be chili rellenos (with beans and rice of course)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Got in 4.5 miles last night at sunset, finishing in the dark.  Hate that about this time of year-- it seems to sneak on really fast.

qotd: If it's my kitchen, tacos (favorite dinner) or burritos (runner up). Restaurant, usually steak fajitas.

muppy

9.9 miles yesterday, was sluggish with the heat and humidity.

QOTD I usually order the sampler platter, a little of everything!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

6.75 this morning..still getting up 3 times a night to take Jack out to pee.  Some nights aren't bad like last night with the bright moon making sliver reflections the clear sky and the stars.  The run was nice this morning except when Earl cut in front of me and sent me to the ground.  But after 4 days of rain our ground felt like falling on memory foam.  Later in the run my foot snag a branch and as I worked to recover the noise spooked Earl and he took off running faster.  Since he is attached to me that made for a harder recovery.

also heard a donkey crowing away in the woods...that's new.  Heard him again on the return so I think someone got themselves a donkey.

QOTD:  My go to is a taco and enchilada combo.  I haven't had good Mexican food in years living where I live.  But I am planning chicken taco's tonight.  Maybe change it to enchiladas.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a good 5+ last night.  I am enjoying increasing the tempo ever so slightly.

Hey Queen - looks like you are trying to get in some good mileage this week....what's that about ?  If I can beat you this week (and next) I should just about cancel your mileage out..so there's that.  

QOTD: Have not done Mexican in a while.  But I did take the kids (sans DW) to a really cool Chinese buffet the other day.  They loved it!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Today's a SRD for me.

qotd: Usually beef fajitas.  But I've also been known to go for chicken enchiladas or a burrito.  Darn, now I'm hungry.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hmmm   maybe I need to leave my miles off the dailies.  and yes I went the little extra loop even though I knew I would be late to work to add .5 miles.

Hey Queen - looks like you are trying to get in some good mileage this week....what's that about ?  If I can beat you this week (and next) I should just about cancel your mileage out..so there's that.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

And the only difference I can get from those three and a fajita is that I have to put the fajita together myself.

Don't feel bad. The first time I ordered fajitas they came out and I looked at them like what the heck am I supposed to do with this.  Darn near grabbed my phone to google how to eat them properly .  Guess I'm just really a dumb country bumpkin.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Immaculata had their home xc meet today so I got in a good fartlek workout running around the course cheering.

qotd: Favorite Mexican is probably chicken fajitas.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.