Trailer Trash

Firecracker Fridaily (Read 20 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All!  Got a nice 8-ish miles in this morning before the heat builds back up.

qotd: do you do any heat training?  I hate to say it, but I avoid heat at almost all costs- I'll get up at 4:00 AM to beat it.  I've run several races in the heat and always suffer (not as much as Lace did however!!!).  As much as I hate to run in the heat, it would seem prudent to run at least some in the heat.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Morning!  I got in 4 miles while the kiddos were in the pool last night.  It was coo (mid-70s) and humid.  Nice change from our normal summer.  Things are feeling pretty good that I'm going to start back up on increasing the mileage.

qotd:  My perfect climate would never get over 75-80 degrees, but that's not the case where I live now, so yes, I do heat train but reluctantly.  And really, it's the humidity that's the killer for me, less so the actual temp.  Sometimes I find it more comfortable to run in the evenings when it is still low 90s or upper 80s when the humidity is lower.

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Friday. No run today. Long run tomorrow in the woods with a running buddy. He hasn't been on the trails in a while, so I  hope he does ok because I don't want to cut it short.

Have a great weekend.

QOTD : Not intentionally.  I don't do well in hot weather.  It really slows me down. I  try to run near water so I can splash off to cool down.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

DigDug2

11 miles on roads/trails this morning - not feeling very energetic, but weather was cool and I had a good plod.

QOTD:  I try to avoid races that might be hot, so I don't plan any heat training.  If it's too hot or humid I stick to the TM.

Daydreamer1

After yesterday's fiasco caused me to bag my planned long run I got out for my normal 7.4 mile hilly loop. Ended up with a nice strong run with a PR for that course.

Today is a SRD due to working. Darn shame as it's a really nice day. Temps are in the 70s with low humidity so far.

QOTD: Yes. I don't do well with the heat or humidity so I've decided to try to train more for it. The past previous years I was wearing white shirts to deflect the heat. This year I decided to wear darker shirts on my training runs. I can definitely tell the difference. I've also been running in the middle of the day rather than waiting for the cooler evening weather.  For my August race I'll wear my white shirt and hope that I'll be a little more prepared for the heat.

some call me Tim

7 on the somewhat drier home trails today, but by now I am limited to the half mile loop. All the extensions are still underwater.

qotd: by necessity I train around midday a lot so I guess I do. Usually the heat around here is reasonable so I don't really take it into account. I've hiked some canyons out west in 120 degree heat... I guess I'd have to think twice about running something like that