Trailer Trash

Moab Trail Marathon RR...and Pics (Read 46 times)

Occasional Runner

I've run this race for the last 3 years, so I'm losing my ability to say anything new or compelling about it, so I kept it short.

Thanks for checking it out!

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.com/2014/11/2014-moab-trail-marathon.html

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Gorgeous area Kelly!  Sounds like a tough, but neat race- I like trail races where there is no trail 

I'll have to get that one on my bucket list (Moab Red Hot is on there as well)

Mike

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Thanks for the RR and pictures.  One of these days I'm going to run there.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Awesome race report and pics and details of the race as usual, I just ran my first marathon up Indy (the Monumental) and have my 2nd marathon at Land Between the Lakes next March, - I'm slowly easing up there Smile
          Great job!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

some call me Tim

Great report as always... one of these days I'll finally get out to *any* of the amazing places you run. I get why you moved Smile

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Short but still detailed enough to get a feel for the course and race. I really need to put a Utah race on my "some day" list when I'm ready to tackle a race with more vertical feet than what I'm used to and possibly be at altitude (or at least a much higher altitude than I'm used to).

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Short but still detailed enough to get a feel for the course and race. I really need to put a Utah race on my "some day" list when I'm ready to tackle a race with more vertical feet than what I'm used to and possibly be at altitude (or at least a much higher altitude than I'm used to).

Evansville/Chandler, IN elevation is 397 feet above sea level and no freaking mountains......... my area sucks lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Watoni

As usual a great read, and just amazing how much racing you can do!

Occasional Runner

As usual a great read, and just amazing how much racing you can do!

Interesting to hear that because 2014 has been scaled WAY back from previous years and I haven't enjoyed the reduced workload. Things are about to pick back up though!

Occasional Runner

Thanks for the RR and pictures.  One of these days I'm going to run there.

I sometimes take for granted that I can shoot down the road in any direction and be somewhere cool to run. Hell...I can go to the end of my street and go anywhere in the Wasatch that I want. Moab is pretty special, though. Everybody should experience it at least once.

LB2

Sounds like you had a good day. I am glad you are resting a little. And I am glad you have a complete understanding of you your tendency to get lost. All your pacer has to do is say, "No, left, not right". And you immediately correct, no argument. It is better than power steering.

LB2

Occasional Runner

Sounds like you had a good day. I am glad you are resting a little. And I am glad you have a complete understanding of you your tendency to get lost. All your pacer has to do is say, "No, left, not right". And you immediately correct, no argument. It is better than power steering.

When you're as directionally challenged as I am, there's no need to question anybody else.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations! Stopping to chat at least twice, and then still a PR, you must have been pretty swift!

Thanks for the pictures, I just love the Moab area, with all the rock formations and the desert, although I have to admit I have never run there, just hiked. Maybe this might become my first marathon?

Run for fun.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

I think I need to add this even to my bucket list.  Seems pretty awesome (both in the difficulty and the views).

You people have issues 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Thanks for sharing the pictures...beautiful place...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄