Trailer Trash

Tempo Tuesday (Read 32 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Did a quick 8 miler on a logging road.  Felt good to push the pace a bit.  I know I say this a lot, but I need to do more speed work.

I put up a link to follow Devan Horn at the Mongol Derby.  Starts 8/5.

QOTD:  Any movie goes out there.  We don't see as many as we used to, but might go see Mr. Holmes tonight.  What was your last movie that you saw at the theater?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

might get out tonight for a run and see how it feels.  We'll see though.

Go Devan!!!

QOTD: Just saw Inside Out with the kids last weekend. Was a good movie.  Kid movies are about the extent of my theater going.  But we don't go too often due to the cost.  I will take the boys to go see the new Star Wars in December though.  And maybe DD to the new Frozen movie whenever that comes out.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NHLA

8 mile sunrize run. Great weather but we need rain.

LB2

I'll hit the trails for 6 tonight.

QOTD: Geez. I don't remember. I think it was "50 Shades of Grey". I'm getting to the point that I don't like to be around large crowds anymore, too many wackos. The movie was pretty stupid, btw.

LB2

Sandy-2

Planning on getting up at 5 tomorrow to do 5 mi. Hope it cools off some. At 11pm tonight it was 90* F. After that I have a 'workshop' to attend in the morning, then the 1.5 hr flight back to Busan in the afternoon.

Thanks for supporting Devan !!!!!!

qotd: when I was in Houston a few months ago I went with Devan to see the new Avenger's movie. Not sure if the new MI movie is showing in Korea yet, but perhaps the DW and I will go see it.

tbd.

XtremeTaper

A slow plodding dog jog of 5 miles last night out a Green Lane with the Lady. Pretty nice night. Seemed like most of the humidity was gone or perhaps it was my slow pace that kept the sweating to a minimum. Similar distance trail run planned for this evening.

QOTD: it's been awhile, actually so long ago I can't remember specifically. It might have been the Lincoln Lawyer.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ummm maybe a run after work with the mutts.

QOTD:  Love to go to movies.  The problem is when they advertise them it's way too soon and they are not in theaters.  Then when they come to town they blow through so quick we miss it!  We went to SPY with Melissa Mccathy.  My husband didn't want to go but the movie was absolutely hilarious and when my husband's friend visited a week later we went again.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

DigDug2

6 on the roads this morning.  My legs feel like crap - tired and aching.  Don't know what's up - had a hard run on Saturday, but today seems a little late for DOMS.  Oh well - will push through.

QOTD:  Saw MI on Friday with DS - reliably exciting and entertaining.  Generally see kids movies - really liked Inside Out, Minions not so much.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Hi Everyone,

I've been dealing with some depression the past few months, and it's kicking my ass. I'm

still running and hiking, but I think the sanctuary of the woods can only lift me up so much.

I haven't been very social lately; forums and facebook, so I'm trying to at least reach out

a little. Probably time to get some professional help, but I'm not looking forward to digging

up all that old pain.

I did 10 and 6 Sat./Sun, first decent trail miles since I sprained my ankle. It was damn sweet

to get back up in the hills.

QOTD: Saw Birdman when it came out.

XtremeTaper

Jonferg - Welcome back...  I have some folks in my life dealing with stuff.. sorry no good advice, make the best out of the here and now is all I can up with. Wishing you the best.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good to hear from you, Jon.  I hope you know there's always support here if you need it.

I had my MRI today.  Now I just play the waiting game.

QOTD: I was forced (dragged, kicking and screaming) to see the latest Mission Impossible movie on Sunday.  It was pretty bad.  I've also recently been forced to see Spongebob and Jurassic Park.  Of the three, Spongebob was probably best.    Love and Mercy was a little slow, but decent.

Running is dumb.

LB2

I've been dealing with some depression the past few months, and it's kicking my ass. I'm

still running and hiking, but I think the sanctuary of the woods can only lift me up so much.

I haven't been very social lately; forums and facebook, so I'm trying to at least reach out

a little. Probably time to get some professional help, but I'm not looking forward to digging

up all that old pain.

Jon: I was thinking about you the other day when I was doing that stretch you sent me a link for about my piriformis, changed my life. Glad you are back. We had a deal last year with my oldest daughter and depression. It turned out to be a reaction to medication. The doctor said it was rare and was somewhat skeptical at first, but once he changed meds, she started to come out of it. She is doing a lot better now. Go see somebody as soon as you can. You are right; the woods can only do so much. They can do a lot, but they can't get it all done.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Hi Everyone,

up all that old pain.

I did 10 and 6 Sat./Sun, first decent trail miles since I sprained my ankle. It was damn sweet

to get back up in the hills.

QOTD: Saw Birdman when it came out.

Seek help! but I am biased of course.  A low dose of an antidepressant wouldn't hurt.  Therapy isn't for everyone.  There are lots of CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine) methods out there you could also look into.

Great to see you back here! Been wondering how you have been doing.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

up all that old pain.

Welcome back, and as already said, we're a good sounding board and hopefully can help a bit.  You reached out, and that's really important. PM Mr. Jamie, it's his business.

Depression is a lot lot cancer, in that everyone has either gone through it or knows someone who has.  You're not alone, and it always does get better.  Good luck, we're on your side and pulling for you.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Hoping to get out for a 4-5 mile rehab run (local horse trails, not too many hills) after work, but I then have to leave our new rescue puppy for a bit, and she is having separation anxiety. No idea what to about PT Thursday Sad

QOTD: Not too many movies lately, to be honest. Mr. Holmes would be a good one to see -- the family is in Argentina now, skiing, believe it or not -- somebody has to work and care for the new (to us) puppy!

Jonferg -- Take care of yourself! You are not alone and cared for.