Trailer Trash

Fried Friday (Read 15 times)

LB2

I ran a nice 4 this morning. It was muggy, but it felt pretty good. I missed my run yesterday afternoon. It was a 0% chance of rain; I got 100 yards from the truck, actually running in the rain when lightning struck in the distance. I ran back to the truck.

QOTD: What are the main 2 or 3 things that make you decide on a shoe?

1. Heel/Toe drop: 4 mm or less in most cases.

2. Price: I try to get shoes on closeout, and I try to get them below $75. I just got some Olympus for $58.39.

3. Cushion: I like a soft ride.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I had a nice gym run/stair/workout last night.

QOTD: Hmmmm.....price is always a consideration although I am really close to pulling the trigger on the new Hoka Speed Instincts and I would have to pay full price since they just came out over the summer.  It needs to be a show I trust. Right now that is Hoka.  I like Asics too.  I definitely read reviews.  While I do not put all my trust in what others say, the collective comments are important to consider.  And it is all about need.  I have a shoe for the gym (TM), a pair strictly for trails, a road shoe and a hybrid.  So it will depend on which shoe I am replacing.

Have a great Friday and weekend! (oh wait - it's a long weekend!!! )

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Ended up not running yesterday and did some pretty decent strength training instead. Feeling a little sore today. Probably do 6+ miles before heading into work again.

QOTD:

1. Cushion - Soft is nice

2. Cushion - Softer is better

3. Cushion - Nice plush softest ride is best.

My knees and ankles dictate the above. Let the shoes get firm and they let me know about it and not pleasantly.

After all that I want:

4. Good traction

5. Good durability

6. Drains well.

The Hoka Mafates meet # 1-4, but fail miserably on #5.  I think they discontinued them now.

AT-runner

Tim

5 miles on the roads around Chincoteague Island. Sunny day today but supposed to get tropical sometime tomorrow as Hermine blows through.

QOTD:  Rock protection is key for my trails shoes. I've had too many comfortable shoes that don't protect against the PA sharp and pointy rocks. Inov8 shoes do great. For road it's all about comfort and Olympus has been my road shoe for a few years. I'll stock up when there is a sale. I bought 3 pairs of Trailrocks before they were discontinued. Got them for $58 a pair.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Best running video I have ever seen.  If you do not have FB, sorry.  I could not find any other link for this video.

These are my kind of cross-country runners!

https://www.facebook.com/FloTrack/videos/10154570742299445/

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

some call me Tim

Nice video Jamie! Here ya go, with background music, too!

I Believe I Can Fly

Still on injured reserve here, but soon to be going again.

QOTD: I am a big bargain shopper, too (and also Inov-8 fan, though my newly beloved Terraclaws (Trailroc replacement) have no rock plate, but I'm fine with that and got them for $50, on Amazon no less!), so that's one. If I only pick one other it's probably stack height. My ankles are good, but tall shoes are annoyingly unstable when adding speed to corners or technical stuff and even if you don't get hurt, wobbly is no way to live your life. ooo, check the alliteration on that one!

muppy

I ran to work this morning for 6.7 miles, should be about the same to get home.

If anybody is running Labor Pains this weekend, they're going to have some beautiful weather highs in the 70s!

QOTD

1. Price, the price of shoes is ridiculous! My Brooks Gylcerin are $150.00 retail. I stock up on the runners warehouse gift cards when yhey give you an extra 25% before Christmas  then I wait until they go on sale. I can usually get them for around $90.00.

2. Width, I have fat feet so I need a wide size. I gave up on trying to find a trail she'll, so I just wear my Brooks glycerin and ghost.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD (again!). I might luck out on the snow forecast for the Rut- sounds like the timing is more late afternoon/evening and hopefully I'm done by then. It will definitely be cool, start will be in the low 40's/upper 30's- highs 50's.

qotd: wide toebox first and foremost; this nixes me out of almost every shoe out there; my foot is not wide, so wide shoes may help in the toes, but the fit is too sloppy elsewhere. Pearl Izumi N2's and now N3's fit, some others come close. I really wish someone would offer a custom shoe- you pick the dimensions, the drop (I favor a mild drop - 4-5mm), outsole (favor an aggressive outsole with a sticky compound)- it would cost $$$$, but would gladly pay it

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 7 this morning...foot felt good.  Weird how it comes and goes..hope it stays go. 

QOTD:  1) Comfortable as soon as I put it on.  2) Roomy toes 3) A non-stiff upper material. Of course size matters...umm I mean price.  But when I am forced to change my shoe because they make improvements  then I will pay full price and then look on line for a sale one.

AT:  You thinking a lot about October?  I am...driving me crazy!!!

Jamie:  I guess those kids realized they weren't going to get first place so they decided to have fun instead.    Hey did you notice Sweet Sixteen moved into the top 12.  As long as we hold it we are in the play offs.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5.3 miles in cooler weather and not surprisingly a faster pace than for most of this summer.

Muppy, I wanted to run Labor Pain but I'm scheduled to work that day.

QOTD:
                      1. Wide enough fit in the toe box

2. Light weight and flexible

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Fried is right!!!  It was so freaking hot and humid here, I need to get acclimated and soon!!!  Did 16 miles this morning.  Started taking walk breaks at 7, barfed big time at 11, took another Gel but then called it a few miles later to finish with 16. I was planning to go 20. Just brutal.

qotd:  everything Daydreamer said.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

Fried is right!!!  It was so freaking hot and humid here, I need to get acclimated and soon!!!  Did 16 miles this morning.  Started taking walk breaks at 7, barfed big time at 11, took another Gel but then called it a few miles later to finish with 16. I was planning to go 20. Just brutal.

Welcome home, Sandy!!! HAHAHAHAHA.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Best running video I have ever seen.  If you do not have FB, sorry.  I could not find any other link for this video.

These are my kind of cross-country runners!

https://www.facebook.com/FloTrack/videos/10154570742299445/

Looks like this is a stealth way for you to promote mud runs .

runtraildc

afternoon, folks.  Got in a mile around the neighborhood last night in 100% humidity, then rain.  Just wanted to get out as my plan is to run every day until the end of the year or unless my foot decides otherwise. My min is 1 mile, so I'm not trying to ramp up or break any records, but get my head back into the game. I'm meeting up with the running group in the morning, so I'll probably just do a short jog around the hood again tonite.

qotd: What Queen said.  My cascadias (9s) are showing wear on the upper and the soles are still in great shape. I never wear out the upper before the sole.  Next shoe, peregrines.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'm pretty happy with peregrines.  Oh why did they ruin our Cascadia?

qotd: What Queen said.  My cascadias (9s) are showing wear on the upper and the soles are still in great shape. I never wear out the upper before the sole.  Next shoe, peregrines.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄