Trailer Trash

Torrential Tuesdaily (Read 38 times)

Did 16 muggy miles, we got 4 inches of rain last night so I settled for the rail trail. Plan on yoga class tonight, should help me loosen up.

Dpc3, looks beautiful! Where is it?

QOTD I've never done doubles, but I dream about running to work and back, about 7 miles each way.

My office is moving next year, and we are finally getting a locker room/ showers. I may seriously consider run commuting! It could save so much time. I already run home fairly often, but sometimes get odd stares from co-workers when I emerge from the bathroom stall in spandex... Blush

dpc3

Run Muppy it is in the Lincoln NF in southern NM

Brian Runner

rebuilding a deck this week at work but got rained off the job for today. Group trail run and cookout with the running club this evening.

Sandy-2

Slept in this morning and plan to run about 5 mi in the heat after work today.  It's gonna be hot.

qotd:  Funny you should ask, maybe you saw my two 10 milers I did Sunday morning/evening.  I hardly ever do two-a-days, but due to scheduleing and trying to avoid the heat of mid-day I broke up my planned 20 miler into two 10s.  It wasn't bad, I actually think it was easier separating it into two 10 mile runs than doing the 20 at one time.  Not sure I'll be doing too many of those though I prefer doing it in one go.

One other thing was kinda special though...  my DW made a point of telling me that she was totally impressed that I "got my miles in".  She always supports my running, but I guess doing the double just struck her how hard I have been working towards Leadville.  Blush It was nice.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Planning on a few miles in the evening, if at all. My concussion is not much better than yesterday, so I might give it some rest.

QOTD: Sometimes. I like them, especially if I can do the required miles, or something close to it, in the morning, and then do the afternoon/evening part feeling as if it was completely "optional".

I don't get to do them often, though, just because of family obligations.

Run for fun.

LB2

I'll be running out here this evening after my meetings:

Lincoln NF? You piece of crap!!!

LB2

LB2

I will probably run this evening, maybe an hour or so... I am a little bummed today; I am out of IPA until I get to the grocery store on Thursday or Friday!!!

QOTD: I will do them if I have time. I do get very excited when I think I may have a chance to run twice a day or all day.

LB2

LB2

One other thing was kinda special though...  my DW made a point of telling me that she was totally impressed that I "got my miles in".  She always supports my running, but I guess doing the double just struck her how hard I have been working towards Leadville.  Blush It was nice.

Here lately, my wife has been more supportive of my running, too. I think it may be because I can just hit a trail right outside the door now.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

harrier, if you start working again, how will you be able to take those long trips, let alone daily runs?  Might be worth of a renegotiation with the DW.

I know, I know (heavy sigh).  I probably took a few things for granted over the years. Funny, as I type this I'm wearing a shirt from Ouray, Co. and a hat from Jackson Wy. gotten on separate adventures out west.  If I have to work a real job my adventures will probably be a water park in Wisconsin Dells. Angry (another heavy sigh)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I know, I know (heavy sigh).  I probably took a few things for granted over the years. Funny, as I type this I'm wearing a shirt from Ouray, Co. and a hat from Jackson Wy. gotten on separate adventures out west.  If I have to work a real job my adventures will probably be a water park in Wisconsin Dells. Angry (another heavy sigh)

Surprised

I WILL DISOWN YOU.  You can just go to Door County.  LOL!!!

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice 12 miler in the woods.  It was hot, then windy, then rained, then windy again then really hot.  Last 2 miles were not pretty.

Couch:  REST!  This is from a pamphlet that I give to patients.

Postconcussive syndrome occurs after a blow to the head or body, a fall, or another injury that jars or shakes the brain inside the skull. Common symptoms are changes in the ability to concentrate, think, remember, or solve problems.

Symptoms, which may include headaches, personality changes, and dizziness, may be related to stress from the events surrounding the accident that caused the injury. It may take several weeks to many months for these symptoms to go away on their own. But these may also be signs of a more serious injury and should be discussed with a doctor.

Rest is the best treatment for postconcussive syndrome.

QOTD:  Don;t do 2-A-Day runs too often, but have in the past.  I would do second run as 1/2 the distance of the first run and try to go a bit faster.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Rain, what's rain.  5 am miles with Earl.  No running yesterday.

Cocktails:  I crawl out of bed get dress, pee, pull the hair back and go no time for coffee,  food or brushing the teeth.

Northern:  Your going to have to do morning runs.  Oh wait you were going to work at Wal Mart so your schedule will vary.  (PS Don't forget Cedar Point?)

DPC : NIce enjoy yourself.

Valerie:  Fall??? During your race?  I am going to have too look around to see what ahappened. Just read, sorry to here what a frigging bummer.

Sandy:  That's sweet of your wife.  My DH usually complains about the amount of time I run, but then in public he brags to others about my running.

Valerie and Chnaiur:  We are slotted to do Desol ation in September probably 21 or 22.  Chnaiur let us know how it goes this time.

QOTD:  What are we talking about here, cocktails?  I've been known to drink more than two drinks a day.  If were talking running no did once but running once takes enough of my time.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

dpc3

Lincoln NF? You piece of crap!!!

This is a good place to hunt elk and turkey LB2

Chnaiur

Valerie and Chnaiur:  We are slotted to do Desol ation in September probably 21 or 22.  Chnaiur let us know how it goes this time.

Will do, planning to do it in one go this time. Like I said, there isn't enough wilderness to justify camping.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Valerie:  Fall??? During your race?  I am going to have too look around to see what ahappened. Just read, sorry to here what a frigging bummer.

Started out great , right where I wanted to be . Started down the Red House loop thought I could go fast for a couple minutes on the very steep sandy part before the rocks . Not really sure what happened , did a double ankle roll , went down hard on my right knee , then over my right shoulder ended up on my back . Lots of bloody gore on my knee which looked kind of cool  . I was only 1/2 mile from the Tunnel Creek aid station so I limped back up and after spending some time there I dropped , over at mile 14 . Had an x-ray nothing is broken just a bad sprain , air splint for a week ,  my knee is swollen and cut up but otherwise ok . My husband finished the 50k , was 4th in his age group . Still pretty disappointed,  you always have that nagging feeling you could have gone on ......