Trailer Trash

Wednesdailies (Read 32 times)

After yesterday's fall I am not supposed to run for a week, so the pooch and I just did a shortish walk. Truth be told I feel pretty lousy and was glad to not run this morning. My neck, back, and shoulders are sore and I still have a headache.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Heading out the door soon for 5 miles on the biker-hiker trail.  It seems a good compromise for today.  Should have little traffic, but the snow will be packed down.

TT- Sorry to hear about the fall!  It must have been a good one to be on rest for the next week.  I hope you are feeling better soon.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a shade under 5 miles last night. Temps in the 20's feel great - and with little to no wind.

TT- you need to start wearing a helmet and face mask when you run.  Speedy recovery to you!

QOTD: What is your least favorite thing that you have to do on a regular basis?

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

TT- Sorry to hear about the fall!  It must have been a good one to be on rest for the next week.  I hope you are feeling better soon.

I think they probably give that recommendation any time there is a concussion.  I also think they are probably over reacting a bit.  On the other hand I do still feel like hell today.  I guess heads weren't really designed to be slammed against hard surfaces.

Boyjame, I like that helmet.  I'll have to get one Smile

QOTD: Before I retired I'd say working, now I don't do much that I don't want to do.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Still chilly here in Denver this morning, but supposed to warm up today and tomorrow. Did my scheduled 7 icy miles in the dark this morning. I'm really looking forward to longer days.

Qotd: shopping. All kinds...grocery, clothes, etc. Every once in a while my wife forces me to get some new clothes, but she's taken over grocery shopping as she knows I'll come home with next to nothing. Not sure why, just hate it.

AT-runner

Tim

A few road miles today over lunch.  I haven't had a good trail run in a week, so hopefully tomorrow will be trails for me.

TT - When your headache is gone you can run.  Take it slow just in case balance is off.  Don't run if you are still having head pain.

Derek - How warm has Denver been this year?

QOTD:  As a business owner, it's got to be paying my quarterly taxes.  I get cranky every month around the 15th.

(Our resident psychologist comes up with some pretty deep questions.  Next he'll be asking if we were breastfed as a child.)

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Big run/hike yesterday in Sabino Canyon. 12.5 miles was not exactly what I had planned, but that's what happened.  I think we're doing a bike ride around Saguaro National Park today.

Jamie, I think I figured out how to post pics from mobile, so I will get some posted eventually!

QOTD: My first thought was work, but that's too obvious. I'm going to go with doing the dishes. I hate doing the dishes. I want a robot that does them all and puts them away and I would never have to do anything but eat off them.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Another day in bed for me. I caught some bug, probably on my flight out to Las Vegas for the Jackpot Ultra, because I felt blah after I finished my 24-hours. By the time I got home Monday night I felt miserable. One of the highlights of the race was meeting lace_up and his wife. Another was finally officially surpassing 50 miles in a fixed time event.

QOTD: shopping of any kind, then laundry

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

. One of the highlights of the race was meeting lace_up and his wife. Another was finally officially surpassing 50 miles in a fixed time event.

Congratulations, George.  I know you've been looking forward to that milestone.  Well done.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Sitting at work today for 24 hours which is probably a good thing. Still trying to recover from being sick  and coughing up all sorts of  yucky stuff yet. so not running may not be all that bad.

QOTD: 1st would be work but since so many would say that I'll go with #2. That would be shopping. It's not so bad depending what I'm shopping for and where I have to go for it. If I have to go into Wal-Mart I'd almost rather do without.

sugnim

I got in 5.5 miles after work yesterday with my son in the running stroller.  He makes engine revving sounds as we go, so it feels like we're going faster!  I'll likely go for about 5 miles after work today as well.

QOTD:  Work.  Other than that, I have no real complaints.

Derek - How warm has Denver been this year?

A little all over the place. Early December (I think) was abnormally cold with quite a few nights getting sub 0, January was about normal, and then up until the last few days February has been quite warm. Many days in the 60's and even up into the 70's last week.

Snowwise, pretty dry at city elevations. (All elevations, really.)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So I didn't run yesterday...and wasn't our question of the day about being on where we are at on our running plans and I was behind!!! 

So again plan is lunch time 5.

QOTD: Go to work...the last year I have been dreading my job.  I am sooo bored!!!  But retirement is less than 3 years so I can't go anywhere at this point.  Actually surprised with all the work answers....it's a shame so many people spend most of there life doing what they hate.  Grocery shopping is my second...hate deciding what other people want to eat.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

qotd:   Emptying the dishwasher.  absolutely hate it, but it is now slightly better since we got a new (and nicer) one.  Now the kiddos are older, this is usually on their chore list.  Funny all the grocery shopping answers.  I love grocery shopping.

WCrunner -- Congratulations on Vegas!

hog4life

7.25 yesterday and hoping for 10 ish here shortly. The wind is steady at 15 mph putting the wind chill in the low 20's.

Work, maybe if I didn't do the rotating shifts it wouldn't be as bad. Retirement is in sight, maybe 6 more years. I actually hate doing yard work.