Trailer Trash

Happy Humpdaily (Read 29 times)

moonlightrunner

I hope inserting the "Happy" will make the day seem better. Having had yesterday off from work makes today have more of a Monday feel to it.

I had a very nice (albeit short) five miler pushing two sleeping toddlers. I LOVE this time of year. The blue skies had given up to clouds...but the breeze was so refreshing! It did rain a bit...but we didn't get very wet. Hoping for a similar run after work.

Qotd: Any new or planned equipment purchases? I bough a Nathan hand held I love...it has a strap on it and is very bright...it is the Zephyr Fire.

I hope everyone has a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

runtraildc

I could use some of that 'happy'.  Day started off on the wrong foot and I need to get it turned around.  visiting an old, but not recently run, trail should do the trick.  5 miles planned.

qotd:  Nothing really, other than a new pair of capris. Otherwise I'm pretty well stocked.  Actually cleaned things out and got rid of stuff I never use.  It's amazing how it can accumulate.

AT-runner

Tim

Happy morning to you.

Brought my clothes for a run at lunchtime and then saw my phone and I had a text reminder for an eye exam. Lets see, bad eyes AND memory loss, must be getting older.  Guess I'll run in the the dark later tonight.

QOTD:  Just yesterday I was looking for new shoes and I need a new pack.  My Opsrey pack is wearing out and having zipper issues (even WD-40 hasn't helped).  Need to order Altra Lone Peak 2.5's and might go back and get another Osprey pack since price is down.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I ended up with 12 yesterday. I'll do about 5 today, which will put me a little over 150 for October. So, that gives me plenty of time to get past my requisite 200 miles per month in the two months preceding a long event. I do have to go to the dentist on Friday, so that will probably knock me out for Saturday, possible Sunday, too. I don't do well with dentists....

QOTD: I got a new pair of shoes, Altra Lone Peak 2.5's. And I am need to pick up some Tailwind and possibly another pair of compression shorts before my race on 11/14. I like the Lone Peaks.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in 4.5 miles last night as the sun dipped very quickly below the horizon.  It definitely seems like we are losing daylight quickly.  I think I may have mentioned that DW is running again.  She worked herself up to 30 minutes of running and seems to really be enjoying it.  I was thinking of taking her trail running sometime.  Maybe drop the kids off somewhere and take her to a tame trail.  Not sure if she will go for that.  We'll see.

LB2 - so you've said a few times you really don't like the dentist.  What are you really trying to say?? I don't blame you though. It certainly can really suck.  Hope for the best.  BTW - what weekend is your 100?

QOTD: I recently bought a new pack.  I picked up a UD - cannot remember the name.  It's an older version.  I got it real cheap since they no longer make it and it was a sample model.  I think it might actually be a cycling pack but I love the way it fits.  I will probably use it for my race in November.  The only think I do not like about it compared to my Nathan is it has no front pockets for easy access so that is something to get used to. But it has a ton of storage so it will be nice for longer adventures.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

The Lady and I ran about 7.5 miles out by Green Lane reservoir last night. The woods and trails are full of color now. We ran our loop sort of in the "opposite direction", taking the upper section of the trail first and finishing along the lower portion that runs closer to the lake. In these fall days of early fading light it gives you a little more light to finish up. It's dark up there on the upper portion. Ran into a few friends just before my finish who were just heading out for a night run. I was tempted to join them for a more miles but alas headed back to the trail head.

QOTD: Nothing new here, though I could use a fresh pair of gloves (or two) for winter.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all!  Will try and get a 5-6 mile run in later.  We had a pretty hard frost this morning (28F), but supposed to get up to the low 60's and sunny- got to love it!!!!

qotd: check my review out of the Outdoor Research Helium Hybrid 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

The weather looks nice and it's supposed to have showers tomorrow so I'll probably mow the yard then head out for a short 5-7 mile run. It all depends on how much time I have.

QOTD: A new Millermatic 211 MIG welder.  Not terribly expensive but enough so that maybe I should see if I can crowd fund it .  Along with that will be some of the accessories such as gloves and a helmet.

AT-runner

Tim

Moon - Extra credit  miles for pushing 2 kids.

dc - Don't worry be happy.

Burke - How's the taper going? Any niggles or naggles showing up?

Jamie - Yay for DW.  I wouldn't take her on aggressive trails yet, oh wit, all trails in PA are aggressive. Hope she does well.

Dd - If you get that welder, can I borrow it. I have a few projects?

XT - How many people do you usually see on you runs? Your trails seem to get more traffic than in my area.

Warden - You need to do a gun review sometime, for when you are packing (I think you said you carry sometimes).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

8 miles around the mt. Beautiful sunrise. Peak might be this weekend.

qotd  need some new road shoes. Not sure what I want. Hokas just aren't holding up.

Boost last but too narrow.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Wound up with 6.5 miles last night on a flat section of the Ice Age Trail plus some rail to trail running.  SRD today.  I'm guessing this is the last day we'll see temps in the 70s until May of next year.  Cue lots of sighing.

QOTD: Well, I returned the Osprey Exos I ordered and now have a ULA Circuit on the way.  (Backpacking packs...Warden will know!)  As for running, I need to buy a new headlamp soon, as my old one rusted out from the inside.  Not sure how that happened.  I want to pick up a pair of Altra Lone Peaks too...

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well got up early to get in at least an hour run...as I was going out the back gate I saw that those lovely dogs have once again dug holes in a planted area.  I had just spent 3 hours filling and fixing holes.  I was ready to beat the shit out of them!!!  I didn't and we had a run.  Earl knew I was pissed off and all I had to do was growl; yes I growled, and he stopped doing whatever he was doing.  Ran 5.5 and feel much better.    In their defense; the area is riddled with moles.  So I am happy ....now.   Gym at lunch is planned.

QOTD:  No

Jaime:  4.5..5.5   and take the wife on the trails....she will love it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Well got up early to get in at least an hour run...as I was going out the back gate I saw that those lovely dogs have once again dug holes in a planted area.  I had just spent 3 hours filling and fixing holes.  I was ready to beat the shit out of them!!!  I didn't and we had a run.  Earl knew I was pissed off and all I had to do was growl; yes I growled, and he stopped doing whatever he was doing.  Ran 5.5 and feel much better.    In their defense; the area is riddled with moles.  So I am happy ....now.   Gym at lunch is planned.

QOTD:  No

Jaime:  4.5..5.5   and take the wife on the trails....she will love it.

Dang...with the start of your story I was sure you wouldn't make it out for the run.  But good for you!

AT - I would start DW on a tame trail.  There actually are some around here.  I think she would love the colors, leaves falling, etc.  I broached the subject at lunch today....she was not opposed to it.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

LB2 - so you've said a few times you really don't like the dentist.  What are you really trying to say?? I don't blame you though. It certainly can really suck.  Hope for the best.  BTW - what weekend is your 100?

That race is 11/14/15.

I just had a few bad experiences with the dentist, and I try to avoid it as much as I can.

LB2

LB2

Burke - How's the taper going? Any niggles or naggles showing up?

I haven't truly started that just yet. I always try to put in my final long run (40 or more miles) about 5 to 6 weeks out, which I did about a week and a half ago, I think. But last week I logged over 70 miles. I was pretty tired at the end of those. Looking back on this training cycle, I have run several 30+ mile runs and ran every step of them. I have never not incorporated some walk breaks into those runs. So, that was good. I have incorporated walking into some runs, but I just didn't feel the need to walk as much as I have in the past. If I can run a smooth race in weather that is not crazy, I should be able to comfortably get a PR here. I sure hope so. The course is flat, the terrain is almost identical to what I run every day.

LB2