Trailer Trash

Wednesdaily (Read 31 times)

moonlightrunner

Planning 5 miles tonight after work. I ran a little yesterday, and the more I moved the better I felt. Looking forward to tonight.

I am have developed a rash since the race. I am not sure if it is poison ivy or psoriasis or a combination. There was a lot of poison ivy out there...hopefully it will go away eventually.

Not question of the day...but for those of you who run ultras...do your lungs feel congested after you race? They are better now, but for the first couple days I would cough when I took a deep breath.

Qotd: keeping with the food theme...what is your favorite fall comfort food? I love all things apple this time of year. Fresh applesause is so good! On toast, pancakes or by itself. If only apples were a protein choice!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

runtraildc

Morning folks!  I'll be heading out for a short and easy run while the kiddos are in the pool this afternoon.  And I'll get in if  short strength workout at the gym.

Moonlight- fwiw- one of the best products I've found for poison oak/ivy is Ivarest-- found in most drug stores.  good luck and I hope the rash heals quickly.

qotd:  apples.  I live for this time of year when we can pick our own, or get them fresh from the farm stand.  My favorite being Macintosh, but you can't get good ones down here.  I also made a few quarts of applesauce last night.  My boys will eat it by the giant bowlful and I can't stand the store-bought, HFCS crap.

Occasional Runner

6 easy miles with the puppy. Nice and cool in the mountains this morning. Supposed to be HOT tomorrow, but then rain is coming for the race this weekend. Probably snow up high...nasty!

QOTD: I love how our home smells when we're cooking a crockpot of chili!

XtremeTaper

Good morning Moonlight. Congrats again on the 50k! I bet if felt good to get out there yesterday. Don't push it this week though.

Putzed around for 7 miles last night with the gsp on the rocky side of Green Lane reservoir. It was high tourist season. Must have passed 6 or 7 groups of hikers and dog walkers. That's busy for out there. The return side of the loop was empty though. Not sure where they all went. Anyway, nice evening. Mild and sunny and the yellows are starting to bust out in the woods. Particularly brilliant in areas where the sun was shining brightly through the canopy.

I think today will just be a road run at lunchtime so the missus and I can walk the dogs after work.

QOTD: I eat apples most all year round, but of course the fresh local orchard apples are a definite fall favorite. However fall to me means more soups and stews for dinner.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NorthernHarrier

Up and at 'em early. Intervals on the trail and it was a struggle today. Still did the requisite number of repeats but I just didn't feel like digging down and giving it a heroic effort. Next week.

Moonlight--Yes, for about a day I would be hacking if I gave a good effort. When I would road trip with my running bud the drive home would just sound awful between the two of us.

QOTD--Well I can't wait to add a little pumpkin pie to a huge pile of whipped cream.

LB2

I had a really good climbing workout at the gym after work yesterday. I did about 30 minutes of downhill running at -3%, as fast the machine would go, and then I did another 28 minutes at 15% incline to get to a total of 5 miles. Today, I'll run about 5 miles after work on the trails around the house. I have about another 3 weeks of hard running left before a 2 week taper for Pinhoti. I'll focus on ups and downs at the gym quite a bit and try to strengthen my hip flexors, quads, and core over the next month or so. Even though my 50 miler was slow on Saturday, my legs really feel good right now and my turnover is great. I have that soreness that feels good, and I like to have that. It makes me feel like I am in decent shape. I need to "feel" like that because I am starting to "look" like Grizzly Adams with AIDS.

QOTD: My wife's potato soup. I love that stuff.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bike commute to work today and 5.3 mile run last night with the dog.  I might even hit 70 miles this month!  Continued baby steps.

QOTD: Soups and stews and chilis and hot pasta dishes.  I so rarely eat those things in the summer, so it's always nice when the weather turns cooler and those go back into the rotation.

Running is dumb.

DigDug2

4-ish easy this morning - legs feeling fine, will continue to run short and easy the rest of the week.

QOTD:  pumpkin bread.  Although all the comments about apples are now making me hungry for apples.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 6 miles along the coast yesterday...couldn't get up this morning...so may try to sneak a run in sometime today.  At a conference right now.

QOTD:  So if we ate focusing on fall food I think I'll go with chili...apple pie is good.  We have an apple tree but this year no apples so no pies or applesauce.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Hi ya all, it's been awhile. I'm still running, just cut back the amount lately.

It must be the season of love for skunks, me and Mr Jangles ran a cross more skunks in the last few days than I have all year. Mr Jangles decided to give one a shake Tuesday morning which resulted in both of us getting sprayed. On the plus side I now have a new running jacket  although Mr Ja. ngles is not very happy with his new bed on the porch.

We got 7 miles in this am with only one skunk sighting, Mr Jangles smartly decided not to shake this one on the way by.

QOTD: it has to be chilli for me with fall micro beers a close second. Even though they kind of go hand and hand.

Watoni

Achilles are feeling a bit better and I need to choose a shoe for my upcoming "race," so maybe a few technical miles after work. I need to ride first though, since I have a double century coming up Saturday and have ridden 6x since August 2 (none longer than 40 miles) ... good times

For poison ivy/oak, I always wash with Technu. We have a lot of it around so I keep a bottle in the shower.

QOTD: plum tart, pear sorbet, fall mushroom dishes!

An easy 3 for the pooch and me.

QOTD: Pumpkin pie.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Heading out for a few fun miles.

I ran 6 in the sun yesterday, and I enjoyed it so much! Always amazing what a few rest days can do.  Toe did not hurt, not during, and not after the run, so I assume it's healing quickly.

moonlight: Sometimes I have to cough more for a day or two after a very long (ultra) run. I think it is because I inhaled allergens at an accelerated rate. 

QOTD: Squashes and pumpkins in all forms. Stews, stir-frys, soup, fried, baked, grilled, stuffed, breads, pancakes, dumplings,... Can't get enough of the stuff.

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

I wish we could have a fall food potluck. I'll bring the Apple Cranberry Pie.

Thanks for advice on the ivy. I'll be heading to a drug store after work.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Brian Runner

4 miles solo on the local trails. I've left facebook temporarily, and backed out of the social side of running and group runs with the local club to get back to just enjoying the trails alone as I once did. With all the racing and such this year, and huge weekend long runs, I really haven't done very much mellow, quiet, weekday trail running. I didn't realize how much I missed it...