Trailer Trash

Winter Wednesdaily (Read 25 times)

AT-runner

Tim

We got about 3" of snow yesterday. Started during my run and continued off and on. First snow of the year for us, which is unusually late.  I'll run 4-5 at lunch around the battlefield trails.  I'm sore from yesterday's faster effort.  Time for more speed work!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

We got about a 15 min snow flurry, which briefly stuck to a few sprigs of grass.  The wind was something else, though.  Cold and very sunny today-- just the way I like it!

Got to early morning yoga today.  Took some effort to actually leave the house, then traffic, but it was worth it.   So glad I got it out of the way.  Might get in 4 miles tonight.  My quad is still really tight so I'll see how it goes.  Yesterday's run turned into an elliptical workout, which felt better.

How did the MMT lottery entrants do?

qotd:  pass

Keep Going

I won the MMT lottery yesterday! Super stoked even though basically everyone will get in off the waitlist if you wait it out. Still I like knowing I'm officially in. I'm OCD like that.

A minor coating of flurries yesterday just enough to freeze on the roads and cause massive accidents because folks seem to forget that snow on roadways = slick conditions. Why is that so hard to remember? Anyway I got 6 miles in last night on frozen roads and will probably get another 6 in tonight in the cold dark.

Did Xtreme and Couch get in I wonder?

100 milers are my favorite

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I didn't run yesterday . We drove to Truckee ( California ) to buy lotto tickets . Nevada doesn't do lotteries ., we were laughing that we drove 100 miles to gamble .

This is a picture from the weekend out where we run most of the time

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Had a really nice run last night in the hills, snow slowed me down but getting used to that. Temps were close to 30 degrees but it felt like 50's!  Going to get normal temps again today- low to mid 30's- hoorah!  Going to get some hill repeats in tonight- it's been a couple of weeks now.

qotd: any fun trips planned for 2016?  I'm going to try and get back to visit relatives in Upstate New York in September, hoping to squeeze in the Adirondack Great Range Traverse and maybe even one in the Catskills.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I guess I should run again of these days now that my calves are finally recovering from going up and down a billion stairs in a damn canyon in Georgia.  Yesterday the high temperature was around 8 degrees, so I said fuck it.  The dog didn't even want to be outside.  Maybe I'll run after work today.

Nice photo, Valerie!

Welcome back, Bagge!  How did your time on the AT go?

QOTD: Costa Rica in March, either a bike tour or backpacking trip this summer, who knows what else!

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It was dumping when I woke up so I didn't really want to go out there but I knew the dogs would be in the house all day so I had to go.  Rain slowed at 7 so I headed out...then it dumped, then hailed, then sleeted.  Within the first mile Jack went right then left and Sue went down.  Yes a true face plant; chin, lips then forehead.   But the ground was really soft and my chin (which is quite long) broke the fall.    Funny how your dog can do you so wrong and as you lay on the ground stand next to you wagging his tail....what are you doing Mom.

So ran 5.3.

QOTD: Sister is coming to see me in February, Puerto Vallarta in March and San Filipe in April.  I want to plan a trip to So Utah.

Congratulations keystonerunner!

Valerie:  Pretty...sorry you wasted your time going to Truckee...we are going to win. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

bagge_pants

beautiful photo Valerie

Hi Mandy, glad to see you are planning to run again. The AT was hard, haha. It still is. I hiked probably 75% of it in 2014 plus another 300 miles of the Benton MacKaye Trail and then this year I hiked 300 miles in Maine. So, if I want to really complete it I need to hike about 300 miles in the South (where I did the BMT instead of AT), 150 miles in VT and 150 miles of NH. But who's counting?  I do actually want to hike NH this year. 

_____

4.8 easy miles running between the book store and the library and home; I need motivation to run when it's cold and it's an easy run. Also need a better mask, the cotton bandana can freeze.

QOTD: Cape Cod in April, maybe Maine in May, at the end of the year somewhere like California, NM, AZ, Utah or Oregon, or hey why not Mexico

XtremeTaper

A light dusting of snow here last night, maybe 1/2" at most. Still it's cold so it stuck around in the woods.

Lunchtime run on the trails at Green Lane today with the Lady. 7 miles on snow covered crunchy icy trails. Nice and chilly but not bad. Low to mid 20's... still shorts weather. Explored a "new trail" to hookup this loop. Maybe not the best day to do this with snow covered trails but the Lady and I were able to "see" the route and eventually the trail was marked with ribbons in places so we had success finding a new way to the upper trail.

QOTD: Have not formulated any super fun vacation plans yet. The wife and I will snowbird for a few weeks in Feb at my parent's house, and I'd like to work out a running vacation with my running partner up in the Pacific Northwest late summer.

Keystone - Couch is in, I am not. I am certain I'd get in off the wait list but am thinking of alternative plans instead. With 2 mmt finishes maybe I should try something else.

Val - Great photo of your mountain.

Mandy - What canyon in GA? I visited Cloudlands Canyon park once. We mostly stayed on the rim but I do remember going down some stairs.

Queenie - Phew. Glad you are ok from the face plant.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Heading out for a few snow miles. It struck hard yesterday with a blizzard, and now there's a few inches coating the ground, and more up on the mountain. Yay!

I won the lottery, too - the MMT lottery. Dave (XT) is on the "eligible to join entrants list" list, which means, by all likelihood, he's also in. His rank there is 33, out of 67 who will basically for sure get in.

So Dave, and keystone, congrats!

Queen, it dawned on me yesterday: Did you do some woo-doo magic to make my DH leave for a few days to go visit his father in DC?   (As I had asked you how you got your hubby to go on a business trip for a few days)

Anyways, we are enjoying a few peaceful and relaxing days.

AT: You must have gotten out just when I said to my kids it would be nice to go out for a run. 10 minutes later, the blizzard struck...

traildc: You are putting in real dedication! I'll have to ramp up my stretching again, too!

keystone: Winter just always comes as a sudden surprise, every year 

valerie: Wonderful picture. How far to the mountains?

warden: I wish temps were in the 50's!

Mandy: That canyon tour sounds nice, though. Where was it?

Queen: Sounds painful. My dog always used to laugh his tail off when I fell on the ice - maybe because the one time doggie slipped and fell, I laughed. Sweet revenge?

bagge: I guess if it's cold enough, anything will freeze if it gets wet enough. I got myself a windproof hat this season, and it's just wonderful on cold days. No more sinus pain, no more headache.

QOTD: Just our usual Yurt vacation in Little Pine State Park in PA. Coincidentally, there is a 100-mile race called "Eastern States" right in the area, on that exact weekend. Now if that's not pure luck...   "I'm going for a short run, honey, I'll be back in 34 hours or so..." 

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran my connecter trail I found on Christmas today and it made me so happy to have this new route.  Since I rarely see anyone on the trails I run I am very surprised someone created it.  But yea to you and your "hookup"

Explored a "new trail" to hookup this loop. Maybe not the best day to do this with snow covered trails but the Lady and I were able to "see" the route and eventually the trail was marked with ribbons in places so we had success finding a new way to the upper trail.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy - What canyon in GA? I visited Cloudlands Canyon park once. We mostly stayed on the rim but I do remember going down some stairs.

That's the one!  (Northwest corner of the state, FTYC.)  Something like 623 stairs down and then back up.  It was during a 12 mile race.  I really didn't want to keep running, I just wanted to explore the canyon!

Bagge, that's awesome.  You're almost done with the whole thing!  I still dream of doing a thru-hike someday.

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

More people watching today. Yesterday my pedometer measured 4.1 miles just walking around the buildings. Trying to get in more today but don't think I will. Some idiots here today. People that complain that they have low blood sugar and want free glucose tablets while walking right by a plethora of food stands make me go nuts .

QOTD: In 33 days we head to sunny Hawaii. .