Trailer Trash

Decide for Me! (Again) - Mo Problems (Read 67 times)

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I might have to cancel out of Ironmaster's.

The following weekend is the North Face, Bear Mountain series of races.  If I have to miss Ironmaster's I will probably end up doing either the 50k or the 50M.  Which would be better training for Manitou's Revenge on 6/21 (tough 50+ miler)?

**Ask me about streaking**

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

The 50 miler of course.  You can estimate the 50 miler taking you between 9 and 13 hours (yes I know that is a big range).  Manitou will probably take you 16-20 hours.  Think time on your feet not mileage at this point.  But this depends on if you want to race it or use as a training run.  Take your time on the 50 miler if you choose or race the 50k.  (You could do as Couch does - race the sucker and then tack on an extra 150%)

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

I might have to cancel out of Ironmaster's.

The following weekend is the North Face, Bear Mountain series of races.  If I have to miss Ironmaster's I will probably end up doing either the 50k or the 50M.  Which would be better training for Manitou's Revenge on 6/21 (tough 50+ miler)?

I've heard the Bear Mountain is a pretty tough 50 miler.  I would say that's good prep for a tough 50+ miler Smile And it seems like you would have enough time to recover in between.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I was afraid you might say that...  I should find out my fate (fate of the project) tomorrow.  Doesn't look like the North Face race is in danger of selling out.

Didn't somebody from here run one of the North Face - Bear Mountain races?  I recall the complaint that packet pickup was in NYC, but I don't recall who it was...

SheCan

If you're willing to come west you could do the Jemez Mountain 50k or 50m.  Its a challenging race with a 17 hour cutoff on the 50m.  I'd be good practice for time on your feet.  Its on May 24:

http://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=24422

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

If you're willing to come west you could do the Jemez Mountain 50k or 50m.  Its a challenging race with a 17 hour cutoff on the 50m.  I'd be good practice for time on your feet.  Its on May 24:

http://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=24422

Thanks for the race info...I didn't know about that one.  I don't think it will fit in for me this year, but I'll add it to the list

I should find out today what is happening with this project...it has been in a state of limbo for over a month, which is tough to deal with.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Ok, so it looks like I will be done with the work project on the 24th, which means Ironmaster's is probably a go.

I'm glad I asked this question because I spent the last few days wrapping my head around doing a 50 miler, so now this 50k feels really doable.  Also, I'm considering doing the entire 100k (Lower Hudson Fatass) in late May as a training run...never would have thought of doing a 60 miler as part of training if I hadn't opened up this discussion.   Thanks for everyone's input!

That 100k fatass sounds interesting. Palisades Parkway crossing, eh? Be careful!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

That's right by your parents right?

I'm signed up for it because I can't reconcile the fact that people will be running an ultra on "my" trails without me  (it also fits my schedule pretty well)

SheCan

That's right by your parents right?

I'm signed up for it because I can't reconcile the fact that people will be running an ultra on "my" trails without me  (it also fits my schedule pretty well)

Oh heck no they can't!  That makes a lot of sense to me.  You kick their azzes and show em who's trails those are.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson