Trailer Trash

Taco Truck Fridaily (Read 21 times)

Sandy-2

Guess where the family is meeting up for dinner tonight.  Should be fun.  But a bit of a misnomer 'cause it looks like the Taco Truck is permanently moored and even has some tables, a pad, and a covered roof next to it, no walls though.

Got up and did 5 mi this morning.  Got it in between those April showers, rain before I started, the moon was out during my run, then more rain driving to work.  good timing I guess.

qotd: I got nothin'.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Fitting title since I had the best Mexican food I've ever had yesterday in DC at the Wharf. Place called Mavita, and had enchiladas mole and the used beef brisket for the meat. Yummmmm.

Went to see the National's lose their home opener yesterday with DW.  After the game, we went for a run around DC looking at the Cherry Blossoms.  Ran about 6 easy miles in the wind around Haynes Point and the Navy Yard and Wharf area.  Nice day, despite the loss.

Play Ball !

Blossom Time

QOTD:  Favorite Taco filling?  Always beef for me.  DW is a fish fan.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Leaving on vacation in 24 hours!  Let the countdown begin!  We'll be in the land of no service for quite a while, so I won't be around much.  If I don't check in again by about late mid-April, send Warden after me. 

QOTD: Beans and cheese.  Yum.  We're definitely going to need to get some good Mexican food in Arizona.

Running is dumb.

Gator eye

Mean while in Michigan it's January 78th and its still cold and snowy.  Lucky us we just got another 3" or so, can't wait to see what Feburary brings

rest day for me

QOTD: yuck taco's.

NorthernHarrier

Just got done last night loading the camping gear in the Subaru, sat down with a beer to watch Rachel Maddow while whining about how cold it's gonna be camping and DW says "you know we have credits for a couple free nights with La Quinta. Are there any near your race?"   Awesome! Found one 30 minutes away so I am leading a soft life again! Don't have to head out now for awhile since I'm not setting up a camp etc.   Fighting the urge to go to the Arb for a run since I have the time now.

QOTD--Prefer beef but not real picky.

Sandy--I would love some April showers. We're getting April snow. Still have 24" at my cabin with a lot more forecast over the next week. Aaarghh!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

sat down with a beer to watch Rachel Maddow

I initially read that as, "I sat down with a beer and Rachel Maddow" and was going to ask to be invited to meet her next time.  Haha.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

hmmm I thought it was January 94th?  

it’s 18 degrees and we have 10” of snow on the ground and still coming down

Mandy- I may come looking regardless!

Tiny E and I got in 4.5 miles on freshly filled trails yesterday evening; I will admit it was really nice- the only tracks were deer and coyotes- both of which Tiny E finds fascinating. Got to a meadow on top of the ridge and it was really tranquil with a light snow coming down.

Plan is to get some miles after work this evening, will be on snowshoes for sure.

qotd: we had tacos on Tuesday (Taco Tuesday at our house) with seasoned shredded elk meat- pretty darn good

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: yuck taco's.

Don't like taco's. How Un-American. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

GC100k

Will try to get out and run this evening. Took a run in new shoes yesterday, not sure about them yet.

QOTD: I love me some tacos. Beef or chicken. Taco truck sounds great. Fish tacos are an abomination.

I'll have lunch at the cafeteria today. I typically hit the burrito bar, skip the tortilla, and just have three meats, salsa, and guac. Chicken breast from the salad bar and some chicken salad from the deli bar, and I'm good. Five varieties of meat and not much else is what I have when I have the choice of just about anything.

runtraildc

Haven't run yet today. It's going to hit the mid 60s this afternoon so I'm waiting for that. I turned down the opportunity to run early this morning with friends at 30 degrees. Who is the smart one in this group?! Possibly them, if I bail onmy late run.  And the rain/sleet/snow forecast for tomorrow has disappeared, to be replaced by  much drier and warmer weather.

NH- Your DW kills me. That's just so funny that she waited until what seemed like the last moment to suggest the free hotel. Certainly after you did all that packing.

AT- I haven't been downtown this week, but the cherry blossoms are nowhere near peak just 6 miles north.

qotd: any taco is my favorite, even fish. I make a good barbacoa beef, so with black beans, that's my favorite. I've added crispy black bean tacos to the mix lately, and those are really good. (It's pan fried with the filling, not a crispy taco filled with beans).

Bert-o

I lost my rama

AT - Sounded like a great day trip (despite the Nationals loss).  Cherry blossoms look great!

Mandy - Enjoy your vaca!  Make sure you give us a great big warden smile when you get back.  Oh yeah, if you're unplugged, does that mean the parents are out of the forum house? 

NH - What race is it?  Good luck!

warden - Every 2 flat lander mile is equal to 1 ridge runner mile, so my numbers aren't quite so impressive.  I know because last Sept I did a race in your neck of the woods - a 28K at Big Sky - and promptly got my ass handed to me (multiple times).  11th to last of 395 finishers.  And I thought I was in shape, haha!  My only regret is I didn't come in DFL for the bragging rights.   I think you'd run circles around me.  Tiny E for sure.

QOTD:  I'm with runtrail, any taco filling is good as long as it's prepared well.  Guess I'd have to go with beef first, followed by fish.  Hmmm... might have to go taco tonight.

Oh yeah, maybe 4 later this evening.  Happy January everyone!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Last night I set my alarm before we went out for dinner...this morning woke up early and as I was climbing the stairs I wondered why it was so light.  Picked up the phone and it was 6:28 not 5:45 and we meet at 6:30.  So I sent a text be there in 7 minutes...leave if you want.  So when I pulled into the parking lot they were still waiting in the car waiting..yea.  So we rain 6 wet miles.  It was a warm rain.

QOTD:  chicken..season spicy...Tapatio Sauce!!

Sandy:  Funny how food trucks have gone from crap food to the newest hip thing!  and don't forget Fridays QOTD can always be what are you doing this weekend. 

Tim:  Sounds like a nice date.  Beautiful weather.

Gator:  You are the only person I know of who hates tacos!!!    It's usually one of their favorite foods.  Weirdo!!!

Northern:  Enjoy your weekend of luxury and good luck on your race.

Mandy:  Enjoy your vacation...looks like Tracy is on the injured list so may be looking at Pikes Peak from her deck.

Rat Rats

Image may contain: Erin McCarthy, Kristin Glauner, Rose Asquith and Sue Piscatella, people smiling, people standing, hat, tree, outdoor, nature and closeup

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

It's the Ozark Foothills 25k. Hopefully my calf stays together. But at least I have a complete list of excuses now. 

Mandy-if you're stopping by Colorado Springs you have to do the incline. I mean REALLY.

Headin' out now.

Edit/add-- Warden looks like Bert is a candidate for Devils Backbone. If he was running in Big Sky he was in site of the ridgeline of one of the most epic races/runs around. 

Thanks for the good lucks.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

warden - Every 2 flat lander mile is equal to 1 ridge runner mile, so my numbers aren't quite so impressive.  I know because last Sept I did a race in your neck of the woods - a 28K at Big Sky - and promptly got my ass handed to me (multiple times).  11th to last of 395 finishers.  And I thought I was in shape, haha!  My only regret is I didn't come in DFL for the bragging rights.   I think you'd run circles around me.  Tiny E for sure.

Oh I know that race very well, two 50k and one 28k, it’s a race that (if you’re human anyways) your goal should be to finish. The ascent (and descent) of Lone Peak has to hold some devilish honor amongst trail races. If your spirit isn’t already broken before, it will be on the way up to the top of the peak!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Warden you need this for Tiny E when the rainy season comes

Image may contain: dog

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄