Trailer Trash

Thursdailies (Read 35 times)

Marley and I had a nice 4 mile trail run. Marley decided to roll in something nasty and had to be cleaned up in the creek.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Four miles early this morning. I've made the conclusion that my normal morning route passes through a major urban center for bunnies. Bunnies everywhere. Decided to try counting this morning for fun, made it to 40+. It was dark too, so I'm sure there were plenty missed.

Its like a fluffier / more pleasant possibility of "The Birds".

runtraildc

Morning folks!  Got in 6 fast miles last night with the running group.   There were only a few of us, and those that wanted to go 5+ miles were the fast ones.  My options were to go slow and short, or try to keep up with the tall, skinny young ones.  I did ok until the last two miles, which was a long uphill.  My legs feel it today, but this is the reason I'm trying to run with a group at least once a week-- to push my speed.

TT- sounds like Marley had a good run!

Derek- that's a freakish number of rabbits.  It makes me think of that killer bunny in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  Just a whole bunch more of them.

qotd:  I'm answering yesterday's.   Looking forward to taking my kids up north to visit my sister for a long ski weekend at the end of the month.  She just adopted a 4 yr old springer who needs to go out for a test run.  He's reportedly a bit of a wild child, so we'll see how well this works.

LB2

I got a great 5 in last night with the dog. I actually fell down during the run. I have not fallen down on a trail run in several months. I'll get another 5 or so after work.

QOTD: Are you currently doing any other exercising outside of running? If so, what? If not, why not?

No. I am just running right now. I have nothing major coming up that I think would warrant any additional work. In May, I'll probably renew my gym membership to incorporate some weightlifting if I commit to running a fall 100 miler. I think it helps.

LB2

sugnim

Good morning all.  I had a nice little 5 mile run along the river this morning.  There were more Army folks out training, this time in complete fatigues with big packs on their backs.  The trail was a bit crowded.

QOTD:  Not specifically.  But that doesn't mean that I just sit on my butt.  I walk or bike commute to work, play with my toddler son, shovel snow in season, garden and mow in season, hike, etc.  I just don't have any desire to use any machines, weights, programs, etc.  Running and life in general are enough for me.

Daydreamer1

Not sure if I'll get any exercise of any type in today. If so It won't be running, although I was thinking of going for a walk later this afternoon to freeze whatever germs are bothering me. I still feel like crap. Sore and achy all over and feel like I'm getting a cold.  I was going to work on a replacing a water pump switch and installing a new water heater today but I think I'll just take it easy today.

QOTD:  I've been trying to get to the gym at lest once a week for some heavy lifting. My patients keep getting bigger and bigger and as I age my strength keeps dropping off.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Lunch time  5 is in the plans, shorts and t-shirts is the weather.

QOTD: I walk the dogs everyday..is that exercise?   I did do a handful of sit ups last night so I am getting somewhere.  I want to start some type core/arm routine but you guys have been hearing that from me forever!

DerekF:  Sounds like a wet dream. 

runtraildc:  I would love to find a group that actually pushed me!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Have had some good runs this week including a double workout as my daughter stopped over and wanted to do a run. Also went skiing with her one evening this week so it seemed like a good day to take off. Still spent 35 minutes on the elliptical watching Seinfeld. 15 planned for the morning.

runtrail--Did you have Springers while growing up?  Our little adopted/rescue Springer goes under the knife today(spayed). Can't believe the former owners actually bred her as she is just way too small for the breed. Irresponsible IMHO.

QOTD--Weights and core 3x per week. Skiing, snowshoeing, swimming, etc. this time of year and soon mtn. biking comes into play and that will be at least 3x per week. I do these things as I enjoy them not because I think they will make me a better runner, though I'm sure there is some benefit. These activities enrich my quality of life. I have way more interest' than just running, just not enough time.

XtremeTaper

8 miles today on the roads at lunchtime. Not a bad day. 30's with some wind. Still shorts weather. We had some snow showers earlier but no accumulation. We've been dodging bullets here so far this winter in terms of major snow. Just a few inches on the ground. I am good with that. Weird thing on my run today. I was running through some neighborhood and some dude is out walking his little dog in PJ's and a leather jacket. He says to me "Mr. Collins"?. I say no, not me. I pass him again looping out of that neighborhood, see him again, and he wishes me a Happy Valentines. WTF. What grown man wishes another man a Happy Valentines?

QOTD: I try to get to the gym once/week for some general strength training. I fail a lot in this regard. I am regular about doing certain stretches on a daily basis. That's about it.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Grown men wishing other men a happy valentine's and killer bunnies?!? Got to be Thursday!

I will try and get out for a run tonight.  Again, time/distance tbd.

QOTD: Right now...not really. Taking a break from consistent biking and other strengthening exercises.  Will get back into some of that soon though.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Brittany spaniels and Springer Spaniels growing up.   My all time favorite dog was a Springer rescue and I've been hooked on the breed ever since.  This one of my sister's came thru a Brittany rescue, but he really looks more like a springer so that's what she's going with (she's also a vet so knows her dogs).

When are you going to post pics of the new dog?

And Queen, the running group is great, but definitely a group of road runners.   One day I suggested we run on one of the paved trails along the creek (at night) instead of braving the streets, traffic and stop lights.  By their reactions (IT"S not safe!!), you'd think I had suggested a beer mile race along the freeway during rush hour.

runtrail--Did you have Springers while growing up?  Our little adopted/rescue Springer goes under the knife today(spayed). Can't believe the former owners actually bred her as she is just way too small for the breed. Irresponsible IMHO.
                        AT-runner

Tim

Ran 19 on the road and then right away walked 3 on full incline on the TM.  It was windy and cars suck!  I'm mean come one man, can't you move 18" or so away from the line so I don't have to step in the snow!  This was a rural run, so not like there's a lot of traffic.

Anyway, it was a good training run for my GC adventure.  Now I'll cut back for a week and recover.

QOTD:  Not currently.  I usually swim and cross train on the bike, but with a bad shoulder, I can't do much of either.  No pain at all running, but once I lean on handlebars of a bike it's ouchers!  See ortho again on Tuesday and will work out a plan of attack for surgery date.  I'm just hoping I can put it off until June.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

Derek: my dog would have been in heaven withyou if off lleash! She is a serial killer of cute and furry or feathered.

At work today. Surgery tomorrow. Very frigid temps this weekend. Hoping for a little run Sunday depending on if pain or type of splint.

Qotd: lots of one arm toddler lifts

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

4 quick miles for me today.  Legs felt strangely fresh after yesterday's excursion and I wanted to squeak a few more out, but the windchill wasn't cooperating, and it's getting close to rush hour even on the back roads.  I am really over road running.

Best wishes for your surgery tomorrow moonlight.  Here's to a swift recovery for you.

QOTD: lifting is about the only thing I still do consistently other than running because I used to be a meathead and I am still addicted to the iron.  Just in smaller doses.  I dabble in yoga and mountain bike and ski when it's convenient, but those are more hobbies than anything.

some call me Tim

4 on snowshoes today-

qotd: -so I guess snowshoeing counts, but it always ends up being a replacement workout. I just don't have the time for a lot else. A few years back I did a pullup, pushup and bodyweight squat regimen that I could probably fit in. What I'd really love to do is get back to ashtanga yoga, but I always felt like if I didn't do the whole primary series (90 mins) I just didn't get into that wonderful headspace.