Trailer Trash

Monsoon Monday (Read 20 times)

LB2

I am trying to get a few in before the next batch of violent storms come through.

QOTD: Is it just me, or does weather seem to be getting progressively more violent?

From my perspective, it seems to get worse each season. But then again, it may be the tendency of the human brain to remember the pleasant aspects of things from the past.

LB2

muppy

5.6 hilly trail miles yesterday. It was icy on the shady side of the hills and muddy on the sunny side of the hills, was fun running!

QOTD In Central Pennsylvania I don't think  our weather is getting worse. It seems to me that we make a bigger deal out of it than we used to and with social media making it out to be worse than it is. It's supposed to snow here in winter.  Our local schools had a 2 hour delay since last night because there was a chance of freezing rain this morning.

AT-runner

Tim

Might add a run in today after work. Usually SRD on Monday's, but feel like I need to make up for the calorie load of the holidays.

QOTD:  As with Muppy. We usually get a really good snow at some point and thunderstorms are prevalent , but other than that we don't get hit too hard.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Going to head to the gym tonight. If I have enough energy that is.  The weekend was horrendous at work and I'm flat out exhausted both physically and mentally.  Emphasis will be on weights with the cardio being rowing for 15 minutes. I'm expecting it to be busy. I really wanted to go for a short run yesterday but just didn't have the time or energy.

QOTD:  In our area it's not. But the area that I live in rarely has any major violent storms.  For some reason everything goes around us, mostly to the north, south or west and that includes bad thunderstorms. The area that is like this is probably no more than 25-35  square miles at the most.  I can sit a watch storms roll in on the radar and as soon as they get to our area they either dissipate, veer off to the side or just split and go around on both sides.  It's nice that we don't get the really violent stuff but in a dry year like this past one it means we get even drier than anyone else around us.

As a casual weather observer I do think that some areas are seeing a increase in violent weather. I base that off of looking at historical records.

At the same time there is a big perception that weather everywhere is more extreme and this is  perpetuated by the news media blowing everything out of proportion.   Anymore the media makes a inch or two of snow in this area out to be a major winter event . In the past we didn't get excited until it reached at least 5-6 inches.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Had a nice snowy tun this morning.. Little over 6 with my mutts.  We got about 2 to 3 inches so yea EXTREME  it was nice.  It will be gone in two days.

Qotd: umm no.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

Watching it rain today.

qotd  It has gotten much warmer here over the last 20 years. We used to get a lot more snow.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

had the day off so I strength trained AND got 3.5 miles in on the treadmill

here's our forecast for the week; this winter has sucked balls big time- I've already run more on the treadmill than the last two years combined and the way it's going I'll get more miles on the treadmill than the trails

the foot and half of snow is not a problem; the fucking cold and wind is 

qotd: see my rant above 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √