Trailer Trash

DE Triple Crown Trail Races (Read 31 times)

runtraildc

Has anyone here run these and what did you think?  DE Triple Crown Trail Races

It's been on my radar for a while, and I'm thinking 2016 might be it.  The date works well, and I'm toying with the idea of running the triple crown (HM, 10k and 5k).  While I know this is peanuts to many of you, this would be a bump up in mileage for me.  Thoughts appreciated!

And anyone else thinking of running?  Maybe we can get an east coast showing for RA.

Daydreamer1

Interesting concept. I'll have to keep this on my radar. It looks like I'll be off that weekend if my schedule doesn't change.

Couple of thing that I like about it.

"Bandits will be discreetly taken out and shot."    Gotta love it when the RD is so up front with punishment .

"If you do get knocked over by the current and washed downstream, you can climb out at Timothy's Restaurant, which has a good beer menu."     Good attitude, but do they have crabs to go with the beer???

XtremeTaper

I have run the DE trail marathon a few times and know many of the TrailDawgs personally, though the RD of this race I've only met a few times. I know the fatass organizers better. Anyways, it's pretty much all single track twisty trails, in a mix of woods and open fields. Trails shared by mountain bikers so they have that smooth sort of feel, though there are some roots out there. Not many rocks though. Hills are not huge but they are there in a few places. Rollers for the most part. Usually there is a crossing of the White Clay Creek on the half course. It can be deep but if it's hot, hey it can be refreshing.

Let me know if you have any other questions. THe fatass marathon I did yesterday used some of the same trails.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Occasional Runner

I've run that trail marathon a couple of times. I really enjoyed the course a lot. Good aid stations, good trail and good people. You should definitely try to run it sometime.

runtraildc

Thanks!  It's good to hear positive things about this race.  I'm going to put it on my calendar and I need to decide between  the marathon, or the 'triple crown' (HM, 10k, 5k).  Leaning toward the triple.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Decisions, decisions. I just found out about a 24-hour race in OH the same day where I'd be able to meet up with friends I haven't seen in a long time, while this is practically in my backyard.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Did the trail marathon in 2013 and loved it. The course has rolling hills, mostly singletrack, with many creek crossings. I wrote a race report on my old blog platform, apologies if formatting is wonky.

http://trailsandcocktails.com/2013/04/29/delaware-trail-marathon-race-report/

I've been meaning to get back to this race since there are so many fun options and it's extremely well organized. If there's no weddings or other big events going on in 2016 that weekend I'll definitely be back to run it!