Trailer Trash

First FRIDAY (Read 19 times)

XtremeTaper

Put me down for 6 miles last night with the Lady on the trails of Warwick Park. Pretty easy out/back loopy route, with one big hill, and 2 nice crossings of French Creek, about knee deep. Park was sort of deserted for a summer evening. A bit less creaky of a run finally, but still not quite normal. Actually contemplating a lunchtime road run but I doubt that will happen. Likely an hour after work on the trails.

QOTD: The year is half over. How was your first half, what's planned for the second half, June miles and YTD miles.

June miles 209 (nearly half in one race), YTD miles 1513. The first half of this year was all about training and getting miles in for Mohican. I did run 2 ultras, a 12 hours (58 miles/1st overall) and my recent 100 mile race at Mohican. Only my 4th hundred mile race in 10 years of ultra running, and nabbed a huge PR but still play Monday morning quarterback on what could have been. Never satisfied I suppose. I do not have anything planned yet for the second half of this year. I will likely just do some shorter trail races, run for fun, and hopefully head out west in September for a trail running vacation. Maybe scout around for an Oct/Nov 50 miler, but typically I am ready to ease back the training in late fall so who knows.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

For a number of reasons yesterday's run never happened. Wanted to go up on the mountain for 8-10 this morning but that didn't happen either. Now I'm looking at about 7-8 miles around the house.

QOTD:  760.6 miles for the year. That puts me just slightly ahead of my goal pace.  I'm happy with the miles, but not where I got them at. Too many road miles and not enough on the trails that I like to run. I'd be happier if I had a little more time on the bike.  I'll have to step things up a little for the last half of the year. There are plans for three big races. The first is a 12 hour race, the second is the Boulder Beast (old Megatransect) which will be about 25 miles with a lot of vertical.  Everything is leading up to my main goal race which is the Tussey Mountainback (50 miles) at the end of October.  Really would like to stay under 10 hours at that one but 11 - 11:30 is probably more reasonable.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All. Strength training this evening and biking to work. Going to get up early tomorrow for a long run before the heat sets in.

qotd: a paltry 75 for June, injured for most of the month. 880 for the year, that's a little ahead (I think) than past years- I'm happy with anything in the 1500-ish range, but base my success on the number of "adventurous" runs done in a year vs miles and so far, so good 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bike commute to work this morning.  I'm down to 13.5 miles one way now!  I'll take the longer way home.  (16-17 miles.)

QOTD: June was 155 miles; I'm rolling through the first half of 2016 with 749.3 miles, on track for 1500 for the year, which is slightly amazing.  If nothing on me breaks in the near future, I will beat 2013, 2014, and 2015 YEARLY totals by sometime in July this year.

I'm actually registered for two races this fall -- Goosebumps 24 hour run (I won't be running the full 24 hours, obviously) and Big's Backyard Ultra in TN (put on by the famous Laz, RD of the Barkley), which I highly, highly doubt I will hit anything close to ultra miles.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

No runs planned for today.  Long run on tap for tomorrow and another one with a friend on Monday since I'll be off work for the 4th.  Proabbaly short run for Sunday to sandwich between the long ones.

QOTD:  190 for the month. Not sure of the year, but probably just over 1100.  Looks like I've hit the 200+ mark 3 times this year but not this month.  For the rest of the year, I plan on stacking some long runs to get ready for the 3 day Trailfest in October.  Before that, I might run Labor Pains or maybe another 24hr.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: June was 155 miles; I'm rolling through the first half of 2016 with 749.3 miles, on track for 1500 for the year, which is slightly amazing.  If nothing on me breaks in the near future, I will beat 2013, 2014, and 2015 YEARLY totals by sometime in July this year.

AWESOME NEWS !!!!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Mandy- great to see you bounce back so well; I know you've had a really tough row to hoe the last couple of years. Congrats on toughing it out!

Mike

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Dreamer - That's a pretty busy schedule. Good luck!

Warden - You win for the most adventurous runs.

Mandy - That is great news... where is the dancing pink elephant? You have turned the corner!  Smile

AT - Good miles.. so you are doing the Utah thing then? I hope to get to PNW this fall.

AT-runner

Tim

AT - Good miles.. so you are doing the Utah thing then? I hope to get to PNW this fall.

Yes DW and I are signed up.  2 days at Sedona, 2 days at El Tovar Hotel at the GC South Rim, then drive to Kanab for 3 days of running in Bryce, Zion and North Rim. Looking forward to it.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

5 miles this morning...wanted to sleep in...soo tired lately.  We had a Regner meeting at the running store...they served beer and I walked out with new shoes  OK I really needed them.   Got Saucony Peregrine...wondering if I should have went up a half size.  I didn't wear them this morning because I am going to go back and try the next size up to confirm it.    Shhe had ordered me a NB Vazee Summit...they were horrible narrow.

QOTD: 594 for the first half.  I did not run a single race this year.   that needs to change.   Goal is 1500 for the year so should be at 750.  June I ran 117 miles so total failed at my 150 challenge so I of course threw out a new challenge of 175!   In October I have the trail fest in Utah..but want to sign up for a fall 50 miler.

XT:  You half is my yearly goal and I am behind.  Your consistency is admirable....that goes along with others on this forum..AT..

Mandy's back!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Queenie - Running... a better addiction than crack! The Lady has 998 miles by the way. Probably more.. she only gets credit for my miles which she probably does not think is fair. You just need 50 more miles this month than last to hit your target. That's less than 2 additional miles/day.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Thanks, y'all!    I hesitate to say I've turned a corner or am back, but consistent, moderate mileage is definitely something to celebrate!

Sue needs to step up her game now.  She's getting beat by a gimp! 

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Sue is an old lady!! Ya whopper snapper!! I am as old as that old man you care for!!!

Sue needs to step up her game now.  She's getting beat by a gimp! 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Very as in very easy 5 mile sin the heat and humidity and sun on pavement.

QOTD: 150.4 for June, 685.4 YTD, and the first half improved as it progressed. Three big races in the second half, two goal races, Elkhorn 50K and North Coast 24, then a celebratory race at Mount Desert island Marathon after I turn 70.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Sue is an old lady!! Ya whopper snapper!! I am as old as that old man you care for!!!

Hahahahahaha.  I'm telling him you said that.  And he kicks my ass in running!

Running is dumb.