Trailer Trash

Temerarious Tuesdallies (Read 38 times)

Uh oh... now what?

The morning's threeish loop to the beach is done and still no daily?

QOTD:  When travelling do you take the back roads or stay on major highways?

We avoid major routes like the plague--one benefit is the farther away from a

major highway you get, the better the breakfasts are in cafes along the way.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Thanks for starting the daily, John!

7 or 8 miles about to start soon, in a light drizzle, but still warm. Great for a longer run, I'll see how it feels and decide then.

QOTD: Usually stick to the highways, just because I want to get to my destination quickly. Sometimes take back routes, especially on travels that last several days, and where the journey is the destination as well.

Around town, it's sometimes this and sometimes that - when there may be nice views, like Christmas decorations, new flowers, lush vegetation, I often take the "back routes" instead of the quick highway connection.

Run for fun.

dpc3

Got in 6 this am

QOTD: Depends on where I am going but typically quickest way between point A and B

Still in recovery mode. Hope to have a short RR posted today.

John: love your answer to the qotd. I absolutely agree that food tastes better at places far and away from major highways.

FTYC: enjoy the run. Rain is always welcome when the weather is warm.

DCP: great morning run.

qotd: It really depends on whether or not I am in a rush. If it is on the way to vacation or something similar I tend to take the long back road route.

NorthernHarrier

Probably a day off from running today. Probably I say. I will do some weights and a light elliptical. My legs feel trashed  from a number of double workouts lately between runs and mountain biking. We suddenly have spring so I had to jump in with both feet. Smile

Hopefully I'll be smart so I'll be able to run fairly long tomorrow.

QOTD--Usually I just pin the ears back and go. Sooner I get to where I'm going the more time to play.

Morning all,

I've taken the past 2 days off to give my legs a break, and my mind and body are beyond ready to get back out there today. My huge open blister is not Roll eyes. I'm going to attempt some moleskin repair later and hope for the best. These are the things that make me wish I had more ultra experience!

QOTD: We usually take the way that has the least traffic. Doesn't matter if it takes a little longer, as long as we're not sitting on I-95 in bumper-to-bumper traffic!

AT-runner

Tim

6 rainy miles on the ROAD today.  Love running in light rain, but not with cars spraying me when they pass.

QOTD: If the destination is my goal, I'll take the fastest way. If the journey is my goal, then back roads all the way.  Either way, we avoid chain restaurants in favor of small local places.  DW and I plan on doing a "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" road trip some day using back roads and "Bates Motel's" the whole way.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

SRD Again.

QOTD: Same as AT Runner

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Still no running.  But did 20 minutes on the stair thingy and some weights this morning.

QOTD: I love back roads and mapping my way (not a GPS but the ole fashioned way) but I admit I don't get to do this much.  If I am taking a long trip - it's the freeways - fastest from point A to B.  I try and not stop for food if I have to.  I agree food joints next to a highway = ewwwww

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

15.3 on the horseshoe trail this morning, spring is here, all the trees have leaves and the flowers are blooming!

QOTD I prefer to just get where I'm going as fast as I can, sad to say that I'm spoiled by GPS in my car, it tells me where to go and I go!

Birdwell

Morning folks! no running for me today, I'll be going out for a little bike ride in a bit.

QOTD: same as AT and Trail Tromper.

Daydreamer1

Locked inside again today studying for tests, yuck. Oh well, only 8 more days until my last one for the semester. I will take a break later for some type of exercise, most likely on the elliptical.  I did some Insanity type cross training yesterday and irritated my bum ankle so I think the elliptical is in order for today.

QOTD: I prefer back roads if at all possible. I never use a GPS, just maps, but I will use Google street view if  available for the area. I've found some nice scenic routes that way.

Snowdenrun

Morning-

Yesterday's rest from running was good for my body. I think today I'll keep a nice easy, slower pace.

QOTD: I love the back roads. I'll stick to the interstate when I'm traveling to get somewhere, like the 6 hour drive home from college. But if I'm traveling I love to detour and explore. Comes from my Mom. The two of us are the ones who frequently get turned around while hiking or road trips. But my traveling now is all by plane. I'm going home to Colorado next week and I'd love to be able to squeeze in some time to drive somewhere and find some trails I haven't been on before.

...it just started snowing. I'm done with winter.

Chnaiur

Today is weight day - no running. Had ten wonderful trail miles yesterday. It was the first day that felt like summer: it was warm, and above all, it _smelled_ like summer.

QOTD: I usually want to get to where I'm going, so I take the freeways. However, like others here, I'm willing to go out of my way for a local, genuine restaurant. Places that look alternative/hippie-ish are my best bets.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

XtremeTaper

No run yet today but it is a gorgeous spring day out there and I think I will pack up the beasts for a run at French Creek State Park tonight. We'll do one of our standard 8-9 mile loops.

QOTD: I've got the key, to the highway. yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah. Normally the fastest route is taken but there have been times where we've taken more scenic routes. The Blue Ridge Parkway through North Carolina comes to mind, and once on the way to my parent's house in FL we took the gulf coast road, highway 98 I believe, stopped at a few places for the beasts to wander and stretch their legs. It was off season. I still remember by good pal Buster's eyes (rest in peace) when he first glimpsed the sea. That dog loved water and the biggest body of water he'd seen up to then was Lake Texhoma.

In dog beers, I've only had one.