Trailer Trash

Temerarious Tuesdallies (Read 38 times)

Occasional Runner

10 road miles this morning with the owner of my company. If he wants to talk to me, I make him do it while I run. He's used to it now and just sets up a time to run rather than a time for a meeting.

Cool and drizzling in Philly this morning. Great for a run.

Finished the month with 314 miles. I'm trying to stay above 300 miles per month. It's not as easy as it sounds.

QOTD: I take the fastest route. Always. And then I speed.

Brian Runner

Distance: 6.64 mi
      Time: 1:05:44
      Avg Pace: 9:54 min/mi
      Avg Speed: 6.1 mph
      Elevation Gain: 1,638 ft

Slow uphill grind on the way out, bombing down hills on the way home.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

12 miles, 2000+ vert feet, in the drizzle and through the mud. It was interesting to see how the trails have changed now that the snow is gone. More difficult to run, though, as the rocks are sticking out now. Not sure if I prefer slushy, heavy snow, or slippery mud with rocks. It was still fun, I enjoyed it a lot!

QOTD: Now that the GPS comes into play, I have to admit that I love using the GPS. Does not prevent me from going astray most of the time, though, I think the words this thing says to me most often are: "Recalculating new route", or "Make a legal U-turn". Confused

Run for fun.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I got in a nice 6 mile trail loop, felt great considering I just ran 25 miles two days

ago. I guess I'm recovering well.

QOTD: I take my time, back roads, unless time is an issue.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

Tried to tack on as much elevation as I could find in the area without driving...ended up with 1100 ft of gain over 10.5 miles and ended with some "fast" downhill road running home.

Got this pic at the top: the small lake bottom right is where the trail starts.

QOTD:  Depends what sort of transportation I'm employing

My QOTD:  Is it a bad idea to eat blueberry crisp Cliff bars while running through bear country?  All I could picture was "blueberries for Sal" from childhood and me making friends with a bear cub.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I rode 18 miles on the bike and then ended up walking/shuffling for 3.5 miles pushing my bike home with a flat.  Angry  After that, I ran with the dog for 1.5 miles because I was out of time for her walk.  Not exactly how I planned my night...

QOTD:  Depends.  I'll just echo what AT-Runner said.

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

I rode 18 miles on the bike and then ended up walking/shuffling for 3.5 miles pushing my bike home with a flat.  Angry  After that, I ran with the dog for 1.5 miles because I was out of time for her walk.  Not exactly how I planned my night...

QOTD:  Depends.  I'll just echo what AT-Runner said.

Mandy,  come on woman--carry an extra tube, a couple levers, and a couple co2 cartridges--takes 2 minutes. Watoni will not be proud. Embarrassed

If you have never done it before, I'll show you when you buy me that growler! Big grin

Sandy-2

Did 5 this morning.  Nothing special.

qotd: typically take the highway, but do enjoy getting off into the middle of nowhere every once in a while.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Low_O2

3 mile walk around the hood with DS and the dog this evening. Ran a few short stretches to test the calf, feeling pretty good after yesterdays 3.5 mile test run. Probably push it a bit farther tomorrow, I'm hoping the pain is gone for good. Thinking about jumping on the bike trainer tonight for a bit, but feeling kind of lazy. Might just have a bowl of ice cream instead.

QOTD: I avoid the interstate whenever possible as long as it doesn't add a big chunk of time to the drive.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy,  come on woman--carry an extra tube, a couple levers, and a couple co2 cartridges--takes 2 minutes. Watoni will not be proud. Embarrassed

If you have never done it before, I'll show you when you buy me that growler! Big grin

I'm not a cyclist!  I don't have co2 cartridges and crap!  I know how to change a tube though.  Maybe it's time to give up running and officially make the switch.

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

I'm not a cyclist!  I don't have co2 cartridges and crap!  I know how to change a tube though.  Maybe it's time to give up running and officially make the switch.

That sure sounds depressing. You're a runner, cycling is just a fun sideline.  But yeah, you've certainly been thru a long process. Hang in there. Smile

Uh oh... now what?

If you remove several of the spokes and then unscrew the little valve thingie from the tube you can just blow it back up.  It is harder to do on a rear time because the toothed things (gears?) get in the way.  They sell little tiny wrenches for removing the valve thingie to make it easier.  It's spring and summer starts next month--don't even think of abandoning us after leading us here.  You are needed.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

If you remove several of the spokes and then unscrew the little valve thingie from the tube you can just blow it back up.  It is harder to do on a rear time because the toothed things (gears?) get in the way.  They sell little tiny wrenches for removing the valve thingie to make it easier.  It's spring and summer starts next month--don't even think of abandoning us after leading us here.  You are needed.

Don't worry, John.  I'm not going anywhere.  I plan on being a runner again someday.

Running is dumb.

Ultra Cowboy

Been fighting Viral cough that sidelined me.

got my first run in over a week last night for 5

After my run, I thought to my self, "Aw Hell that wasn't so bad.  Shoulda done it Sooner!"

QOTD:  I get where I'm going, but sometimes I'll get sidetracked along the way.

Like:

Stop in Elko for the night and drive out to Lamoille rather than push it to Wells or Jackpot for the night.

Or schedule a 7 pm flight for the off chance of catching a Sunset over the SIerras,

I've taken my kids through Idaho falls and Hoback Junction just so they could see some new country instead of SLC-Rock Springs on HWY 80.

I try to loop my return trip to see new country whenever possible.  Both Afoot, Horseback or in a vehicle...

WYBMADIITY

Save