Trailer Trash

What - It's Wednesday again? (Read 19 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good - well, - Afternoon,

Everyone still sleeping in today?

Got called in for work on my day off and learned that we are now 2 full time people short. Now that's good for the money, with lots of overtime, but not really how I envisioned this fall to turn out for me.

I'll do a few miles (maybe even 6?) later today, I promised DS that I'd take him on the rail to trail after school so that he can chase me along the gravel hills. I hope I'll get through this in one piece, I haven't been on this trail in a while.

Just had some fun watching my cat watching a little Garter snake on our patio.

Cat watching snake

The cat was so excited, and the snake, too - apparently she saw something to eat and slithered toward it, but that something was hiding in between some boxes and tools, so I could not see what it was going after.

Have a great day, trailers!

Run for fun.

muppy

Good to see you back Couch!

7.3 slow miles on the rail trail.

QOTD Do you have any pets?

I have a kitten and I consider my dad’s dog also my dog.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Hi muppy!

Your avatar looks just like the rail trail I'm planning on hitting this afternoon!

QOTD: We have one cat and a betta fish left. Two cats and several fish and a gecko lizard died from old age or illnesses in the past two years, sadly.

Now I'm looking for a dog, preferably a collie or similar type, but so far I haven't found the right one for our family.

Run for fun.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Hi everyone,

I haven't been running (duh), so I haven't been posting. I feel

guilty being a part of this group, a running group, and not running

so I haven't been checking in. It has nothing to do with you fine

folks, it just allows me to live in denial.

I am. however, inspired by FTYC's return. So, maybe I should

get my ass out for a little jog!

QOTD: We have an 8 year old Corgi, and two cats. The cats names

are catalingus and cattastrophy.

Daydreamer1

Sleeping in???? Nah, of course not. At 0530 DW drug me out of bed so we could go pick up about a $1000.00 of Turkey, Chicken, sausage and other meats. Not all of that was for us but we do have about 200 lbs of stuff to freeze and can. So now I'm sitting in my garage on a very beautiful day watching two pressure cookers canning chicken breasts.  First time doing this on my propane stove and I'll be at it all afternoon .

Might get in a walk/run this evening under the all most full moon.

FTYC: A snake that near to my house would have given me the shivers. I'd be waking up at night thinking it was trying to crawl in bed with me.

Jonfer - Those are great names.

QOTD: The mutt died in 2005 and I just can't get myself to get another one. I'm not around enough to take care of one and I hate to have them penned up all the time. I like big dogs and they need to move not be penned.

On our way home this morning we saw a older lady stopping along the road. There was a mid sized black dog, probably a lab mix running around next to the road that looked befuddled like it was lost.  It might have been the ladies dog and had run away but it really acted like a dumped off dog does.  Hope it wasn't. I hate people who dump animals off .

LB2

I took my floating rest day today. I just wanted to sleep. I have been in meetings all morning.

QOTD: We have a dog.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this morning as I had to help the old man hook up the trailer to go to the DMV and give them money.  May plan is to run at lunch or after work.

QOTD:  Duh, Earl and Jack...dogs... we also have 10 koi fish in a pond.  Two are Mom and Dad and the rest are their children they made.  No names.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

No run this morning as I had to help the old man hook up the trailer to go to the DMV and give them money. 

I knew California was a high tax state but having to use a trailer to haul the cash to the DMV.......................that's brutal   .

Gator eye

The pets outnumber the people, we have two dogs, half dozen barn cats, a possum that lives in my pole barn eating corn and dog food that is real good at the game of hid and seek. A bull named Pete, got 6 other cattle but Pete is the only one that talks to me. And one goat that wanders around the yard gettimg into trouble whereever possible. And around 12 deer that never seem to leave the back yard.

No run today

AT-runner

Tim

I knew California was a high tax state but having to use a trailer to haul the cash to the DMV.......................that's brutal   .

Bahahahahah

No run for me either.  Early run tomorrow before I load 3 tons of wood pellets into a shed.

Jon - stop by anyway. 1/2 of us are injured and not logging much mileage right now.

QOTD:  A cat named "Fucking Cat" but we call her FC when people are around. She was a survivor from an old barn I took down.  A Bunny named OJ.  Several mice this time of year, since FC is way too fat and lazy to be bothered by mice anymore.  Outside we have garden bunnies that do a good job cleaning up the garden.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a short but very nice 3.1 mile run on some trails in the middle of my work day.  It was so nice.

Marie - what is your normal day(s) off?

Jon - you know I signed you up for that 50k you said you would do with me in November??? You better get running.  Kidding.  Actually I ended up signing for a different 50k but same time period.  And I agree with others, you don't need to be running to post.  I mean it helps I suppose since it is a running thread but hey whatever...

AT - nice name

QOTD: Dog (Cocoa); Beta Fish (Nick - because we got him at Christmas so kids named him after St Nick); 2 hermit crabs we begged the kids not to get at the beach this summer (I know one is named Nora but I cannot remember the other); and like 15 cats that like to hang out in and around our yard (we have a "healthy" feral cat colony in our neighborhood - we named only one of them - Bob).

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

AT - nice name

I know, but somehow it gives me some pleasure to use the full name. Like "good morning Fucking Cat, "are you out of food Fucking Cat" or my favorite "get out of the way Fucking Cat".

Your're the psychologist, does this make me a bad person? 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I haven't been running (duh), so I haven't been posting.

This is my problem too.  I don't really have much to say...

QOTD: I still have Bella (almost 13 year old dog, can't run anymore, possibly going senile) and also have Sydney (3 year old bearded dragon.)  I have bonded with the lizard much more than I ever could have imagined.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

This is my problem too.  I don't really have much to say...

QOTD: I still have Bella (almost 13 year old dog, can't run anymore, possibly going senile) and also have Sydney (3 year old bearded dragon.)  I have bonded with the lizard much more than I ever could have imagined.

Might not want to make that a FB post. Could be taken the wrong way. 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Jamie, my days off vary. Often I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off, or Wednesday and Thursday, but I don't always have two days in s row off. Only sure thing is that on football home game weekends I never have off.

AT: nice name for the cat

my Betta fish is called "Fishie" - like every Betta fish in our house. I think it's "Fishie V" or "Fishie VI" meanwhile.  Royalty, you know.

Run for fun.