Trailer Trash

Better late than never weekender (Read 15 times)

Daydreamer1

The good weather must have everyone out running and staying away from the computer.

I ended up running a 1/2 marathon, then shuffled through a 10K that seems like it was really a 11.2k. That was followed by hobbling through a 5k that was so slow I couldn't catch DW and DD and they only had a 3/4 mile lead on me .  Anyway all that added up to something like 22-23+ miles. Too much of it was in the woods for my GPS to be completely reliable.  Did all that down in Delaware at the Triple Crown.  Longest run since Oct 30th of last year??? 14 miles. Maybe I should train more for these long races.

QOTD: Whats everyone up to this weekend and whats on the menu?

Well we just got back from the Delaware Triple Crown. DW and DD hiked and jogged the 5k. The rest of the weekend will be relaxing with maybe a bike ride tomorrow.  The menu for tonight will be anything that tastes good and for tomorrow it will be Bar-b-Que and macaroni salad.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

qotd: 9 miles this morning followed by 2.5 hours watching the Penn Relays, followed by the Drake Relays, then shopping for new running shoes.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NHLA

8 miles  fire Rd 5050. 1380' to the top of blue Ridge.

Qotd running and yard work. Spaghetti pie.

AT-runner

Tim

Been running and hiking in Portland. I'll post some pictures when I get to a computer. On my phone now.

QOTD - travel back home tomorrow.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Got in only 4 miles on Saturday with the running group. My friends wanted a shorter route, so I went along, thinking I could run again later. It didn't happen.

qotd: it was disappointing thai food last night. It wasn't bad, just not anything extraordinary. I could make better, frankly, so we won't be back.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 5 yesterday and then watched a mt bike race. Favorite part was silent cheer...instead of yelling when the mt biker went by we all were silent while pumping our fust in the air.   They were handing out free ipas so I feel it today... slept through the long run... will run later today...not so long.....manure and plant the lawn, clean house a bit..make lasta sauce for dinner.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Quick wrap-up from yesterday; the trail was really gnarly, temps high, full sun.  DD and I had a great time on loop 1 (13.1 mi), loop 2 was rough on her so she called it a day at a marathon.  We stayed together the whole way and she says she "really learned alot" about gnarly technical (and tough) trails. This was her first time on such crappy stuff.  Most of the tough stuff was on huge granite domes which I guess is like slick-rock out west, one fall and you'd be needing stitches I guess. We crossed them, skirted them, zig-zaged them, straight up/down, whatever.  Anyway, she really wanted me to go ahead on the 2nd loop and leave her behind, but I really wanted to stay with her as we agreed ahead of time (ok, well mostly it was me that agreed).

After we finished our 2nd loop she pushed me out for my 3rd loop, but I was already behind what would be needed to finish on time, and my legs were pretty trashed already, and I had to contend with the heat of the day. But I went for it. I pushed it a bit, bonked a bit, trashed the legs a bit more, tripped on crap more than a bit, and then made it back just in the nick of time for the 4th loop cutoff (DD said I was about one minute ahead of time).  So I went out to give it a shot, but I'd have to pick it up some.  Crud, but maybe it would start to cool off in the waning afternoon (it didn't up on the domes).  In the end I got caught at the 2nd aid station cutoff time 7 miles into the loop.  So I dnf'ed at about 46 miles for the day.

We had a great time spending those first two loops together; lots of talking, laughing, lots and lots of cursing, but mostly just being out there together, which is really what I was after in the end.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ nice Sandy! 

got in 12 miles yesterday and 3000'-ish of gain; got about the same this morning but with two younger (read faster) gentlemen- so my legs are pretty well shot 

qotd: DW fixed from scratch chili rellenos last night (along with the requisite beans/rice)- yum!  tonight she is making portobello ravioli 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I need more specificity in my training for Laurel Highlands, so I ran 8 repeats up a .4 mile section of the Mt Joy trail.

qotd: dinner tonight will be whatever I can throw together from leftovers or scrounge up with what I have in the cupboard. Too lazy to go grocery shopping today to replenish the larder.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Nice job on your races, DayDreamer and Sandy!

Did not run yesterday, easy 7.4 today.

QOTD: I volunteered yesterday at a trail race at Folsom Lake.  I had fun, the weather was great (if a bit on the warm side), and I earned a free future race entry.  Nice to see the lake is full again after our wet winter (it was looking sad and depleted from drought the past few years).   T's a nice sunny day here on the coast but I'm sticking close to home and taking care of chores.  There's a car/plane show at the local airport so the roads will be jammed.  MTA: And what's on the menu?  Leftover salmon, rice and spinach.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runtraildc

Nothing today. Had coffee this am, then it was too hot, and then it was cocktail hour so I said 'scew it' and made myself a G&T.  Which, I just learned was invented by colonial british soldiers in India in an effort to make tonic (quinine for malaria) more palatable.  See, it's medicinal.

qotd (for Sunday) is now homemade spring rolls ( the cold, not fried kind).  We have a system: I prepare the pork, cut vegetables and fruit (i.e. mango or green apples), make the rice noodles; DH then comes in and rolls and makes sauce.  Even after 20 years, I cannot roll  worth crap. And besides, I hate that step. It's one of our favorite meals and the labor breakout makes it work.

Daydreamer1

27 miles on the bike today. Nice easy miles. Legs feel really great after yesterday's run.

Nice job Sandy.  What race was that? I knew you were tapering for it but can't remember the name.