Trailer Trash

Wednesdaily (Read 23 times)

runtraildc

Morning folks! It's a chilly start here to the day, so I delayed meeting my running partner for 30 minutes so I can feel that the 2 degrees it may warm up during that time will feel like a heatwave has moved in.   We'll run 6 or so. Yesterday was a mellow day and I just fit in a brisk walk at moon rise. It was beautiful.

qotd: Did you watch the State of the Union last night? Oh no, I'm not really asking that. Let's instead go back to a reliable, safe question: Any good netflix/Hulu/etc. binge watching? I've finished The Crown and have been watching 'Lovesick'. And we've been watching 'The Best Food Review Show Ever' on YouTube-- it's this very white guy in Asia traveling around, eating and touring. He's kinda funny.

Sandy-2

I did end up doing 4 mi after dinner last night.  Ran along the bayou and since I was out of the trees I could turn the headlamp off cause the moon was so bright.  It was really nice.  Then I got up this morning and did 3 mi with the same bright moon.  Halfway thru the run the eclipse started which was also neat to see.  It's rare that we have low humidity and really clear skys around here, so the moon viewing was optimum. Both runs were nice and easy.

qotd: Did not watch the SOTU, I can't stand listening to that lying buffoon (by the way I never thought I'd say that about a Pres, I do totally respect the office, just not him).  Currently watching the last season of Broadchurch on Netflix.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yesterday and likely no run today.  Ugh I am back to being less than motivated to run.  I have to spend the afternoon in the dentist chair getting a crown on a molar.  Not looking forward to it. 

DD - from yesterday - sorry for your loss but sounds like he was in suffering.

QOTD: There was a state of the union last night? No seriously I did not know.  Before our current el presidente, I was not interested nor paid attention to politics.  Now, I really don't pay attention to it. As far as Netflix - I am finishing up the series Longmire.  I didn't think I would like it but I kept watching and got hooked after the 3rd or 4th episode.  Now I am in season 6 and I think it ends soon.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Bert-o

I lost my rama

And we've been watching 'The Best Food Review Show Ever' on YouTube-- it's this very white guy in Asia traveling around, eating and touring. He's kinda funny.

Sounds like Anthony Bourdain.   I'll have to check that out.  Not binge watching anything lately.  Just trying to catch up on DVR recordings of downhill skiing and some WRC rally racing.  Those racers are nuts - in both sports.

Missed the moon, damn it.  Last night's run on the bike path had some snow patches and the melted stuff started to freeze to provide some sneaky black ice.  Good for balance training, I guess.  8 miles and no falls.  Easy 7 on tap for tonight.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

will hit the trails with Tiny E this evening

qotd: missed it, was watching Netflix  currently watching the Break- Belgium murder investigation- pretty good; recently finished the last season of Peeky Blinders- holy moly 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I ran a quick and easy 2 miles this morning. I ran a progression run yesterday afternoon on the road and had no calf pain for the four miles I ran, which is great. The 2 miles this morning was pleasant, easy, and a little faster than I expected it to be.

QOTD: I watched part of it. I try to look at things objectively. I thought it was a good speech. I don't have Netflix, but I know that Longmire is on Netflix. I watched it when it was on A&E, and I have read every book in the series. I have watched the series on Netflix with others, but I have not seen the last season. I love the show and the books.

LB2

Gator eye

Did a ez 6 again this morning, pretty heavy overcast so didn't get to see the moon but still light enough so run light free

QOTD: no, didn't watch the speech but I can say this buffoon has increased my bottom line and retirement savings more in one year than the clown before him did in 8 years.  I would really be impressed if he could fix our  medical insurance system that the last guy totally screwed up

LB2

QOTD: no, didn't watch the speech but I can say this buffoon has increased my bottom line and retirement savings more in one year than the clown before him did in 8 years.  I would really be impressed if he could fix our  medical insurance system that the last guy totally screwed up

Well, the mandate is gone. I don't know how that will impact premiums on a grand scale, but I know people who opted to pay the penalty because they could not afford the premiums. At the same time, I take my health insurance for granted much of the time because I have never had a job that didn't have health care benefits. I always had a problem with that part of it.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I didn't run, forgot about the moon and didn't go to the gym yet this week.    the only cheating I am doing is to myself!!    So I called in late and planned on running then got busy doing stuff around the house.  Then my boss text and said the grounds folks were pulling out the plants so I raced to work to save the Rhododendrons ("rhodies" if you are JohnM) but the guys said they weren't pulling those up and if they did he would get them to me.  I WILL RUN AFTER WORK!!!!

QOTD:  We only do DVD and we are still working on Dexter.  I read while the DH watched the speech; until it stopped streaming for some reason.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

What is a bummer after 30 years of having employer sponsored (for the most part, I currently pay almost $500 for the DH to be on it) and rarely using it; I am now shopping and expecting to pay at least $1,000 a month.    I wish you could get a discount or credits for what you paid in minus what you used.    The risk of not having health insurance and something major happening to you is to high, penalty or no penalty.

Well, the mandate is gone. I don't know how that will impact premiums on a grand scale, but I know people who opted to pay the penalty because they could not afford the premiums. At the same time, I take my health insurance for granted much of the time because I have never had a job that didn't have health care benefits. I always had a problem with that part of it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

What is a bummer after 30 years of having employer sponsored (for the most part, I currently pay almost $500 for the DH to be on it) and rarely using it; I am now shopping and expecting to pay at least $1,000 a month.    I wish you could get a discount or credits for what you paid in minus what you used.    The risk of not having health insurance and something major happening to you is to high, penalty or no penalty.

Our premiums nearly doubled since 2014 buying on the exchange ($1,300/month now).  Same health insurance provider, same plan.  I agree, the only time it becomes affordable is if something major happens.  Otherwise, it's anything but. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

LB2

Our premiums nearly doubled since 2014 buying on the exchange ($1,300/month now).  Same health insurance provider, same plan.  I agree, the only time it becomes affordable is if something major happens.  Otherwise, it's anything but. 

Yes. I can see that being a problem. And I don't think that part if fixed other than the mandate being gone so you won't have to pay the penalty. The problem then becomes getting treated for a health problem.

LB2

XtremeTaper

A nice 5 miler at lunch with the Lady on the hilly trails of Coventry Woods. We worked our way up the big hill to the ridge top, ran along that and twisted our way back down. We did not do the loop on the south side, just the north. Nice day, mid to upper 20's, no wind, sunshine, and a covering of fresh snow in the woods.

QOTD: Clicked over there for a minute and was sort of disgusted (just in the smugness of it all) then went back to watch the Cavs lose. As for Netflix, I just finished Godless recently. Pretty good, in that western sort of way.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

No run today. Went out to my car this morning and warning light was on. Low tire pressure in left rear tire. Had a large rock stuck in my tire from parking at the trail yesterday. Was losing air pretty fast, so got it fixed over lunch. It looked like an arrow head and did a pretty good job on the tire.

Moon last night was awesome. We might run later tonight after moonrise.

QOTD: I have a long streak alive of not watching the Sate of the Uniom (that's what the ticket said) Speech. I think Reagan was the last one I watched. I read the reports from both sides today. I rather read about it than watch it.

Finished the Crown. Not as good as the first season, but still enjoyable.  Nothing started as of yet. We may wait until after the Olympics to start something new. DW is all caught up with Grace and Frankie and likes it. I also have a long streak going for not watching anything with Jane Fonda .

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

XT- we watched Godless as well- really enjoyed it

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √