Trailer Trash

9th Annadel Half Marathon. Got it done, and that's about all (Read 13 times)

Ultra Cowboy

Ran my 9th Annadel Half Marathon I am one of only a few hardy souls who have not missed a year of this race.  It was an alternate route due to fires closing some of the course we ran for 7 years.  Many said it was tougher due to two 1 mile climbs at mile 2 and 7  in rather than 7 miles up and 6 miles down.  It was my slowest at this race, but not my slowest HM.

It rained 5.5 inches the night before.  It was wet but never rained on race day...

My Tent I set up for the Medical Aid area aththe Start/Finish

1645 ft of elevation according to my Strava.

I missed 2 long runs due to illness 4 weeks before the race, and my midweek runs frequency was sparse.  Had issues with my PF, ankles Achilles and calves.  Was fully 30 minutes slower than my Trail run HM PR I set in 2014.  Felt a little burned out since I was an assistant coach for a training group for this race as well.

Bottom of the first big downhill

Top of the second big climb.

WYBMADIITY

Save

runtraildc

HI Rocky, congrats on the race (and not missing a year, considering motivation, PF and other issues)! And in the pictures, you look far too clean to be running post 5.5 inches of rain. Must have been taken early in the race .   That, or your trails drain much quicker than mine.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Nice job Rocky!  Wow, based on that elevation profile, I'd have PF, achilles, and calf issues too racing that thing.  I agree with runtrail though... you look too clean.  Should have rolled around in the mud for the photo ops. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Gator eye

Looks fun,

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice job Rocky...pretty consistent...7 years

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden