Trailer Trash

Leadville RR and Stuff (Read 37 times)

Occasional Runner

I've been absent for a while but wanted to pop in and drop this off. I keep trying to get back in the groove over here, but the new house has been keeping me super busy, and I've been traveling for work a lot. Also, with the Slam weighing on me, I've been enjoying some separation from running related shit.

Anyway, Leadville kinda sucked, but it's my 5th consecutive finish and I'm one of 16 people in the Slam to make it this far. I'm pretty stoked to get back to Wasatch and do some racing in my back yard to finish this thing up.

I hope you're all good. I'll try to be better about dropping in.

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.com/2015/08/2015-leadville-100-and-slam-continues.html

Watoni

Cool! I read the report when it was posted, and loved it. I was bummed not to be there running myself, but maybe next year if the recovery stays on track.

Somehow my alumni account (powered by Google) does not allow me to post comments on your blog, so *&**&^^%$ to that!

Stay strong and good luck at Wasatch!

AT-runner

Tim

So disappointed that you lost the beer mile.   Redemption on your home turf!

One of my former XC runners was crewing for a speedy 27yo who was going to be paced by Pete Kostelnick (the 2015 Badwater champ). Unfortunately, he fell and had a bad left ankle sprain and dropped at mile 30.  He told me they watched the beer mile.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Wow!  I knew there was always top competition at the race so I guess it shouldn't be surprising that the competition at the beer mile is tough too.

I had read the report when you posted the link on FB.  I think their web site and tracking system sucked this year and if I remember correctly in previous years people had complained that  the race wasn't as good as before Lifetime Fitness took over.  How did they do overall?

Sandy-2

The slammer numbers continue to dwindle down, but we here on the Trailer Trash know that you will carry on.  WTG !!!!

Crazy stuff about Winfield and I guess Jo got stuck in traffic trying to get into the aid station.  I missed my son a few times when he was crewing me at LT because of traffic jams at crew spots.

Congrats on your 5th LT finish too.

tbd.

XtremeTaper

Congrats on muddling through it... sounds like a tough year for the slam. One more to go.

Thanks for the report and all the photos. Parts of the course look awesome but dang it looks so exposed and open to the sun. How cool/cold did it get overnight? 5 more Leadvilles though... wow.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Occasional Runner

Parts of the course look awesome but dang it looks so exposed and open to the sun. How cool/cold did it get overnight? 5 more Leadvilles though... wow.

There's not much cover on the course. It was a warm year, getting into the upper 70's during the day, but at altitude, it has a more intense feel. It's usually in the 30's at night, and frost is normal at Leadville. This year, it didn't get below the mid 40's.

All told, it was a decent run. If I was running it separate from the Slam, it probably would have been my best Leadville yet. The Slam makes me slow everything way down.

NHLA

Way to lace the up. Great pics. Hope feet heal up quick.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Way to go.  Love the picture of the Colorado Trail.

Go get 'em at Wasatch!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations, another successful Leadville adventure!

Sorry you lost the Beer Mile, but that does not take away any from you race.

I love your "Ultra Tips", I could not agree more with them.

Run for fun.