Trailer Trash

Sunny SaturSundailies (Read 16 times)

Daydreamer1

Looks like a nice sunny weekend on tap here. Of course the last time I started the dailies and mentioned that the weather was pretty nice we ended up with waves of wind and rain blowing through .

Had a nice run 6.6 mile run last evening. Since it was my first in quite awhile it was slower but I was able to push the heart rate up really nice. Hit 180 on the one hill with it dropping really fast when I walked for several minutes. Guess the elliptical is good for something if not building running speed.  Haven't been able to push the heart rate that high in quite awhile.  Now my calves are sore.

Have a 5-6 miler on tap for this afternoon although there are a few things that could derail that including DS coming home and spending time with him. Maybe I'll take him for a run and make him beg for mercy .

QOTD:  Weekend plans?

Getting ready to go out and do some lawn work. Mostly raking of leaves. They are pushed down into the grass so it will be a workout for the upper body. Need to change a water filter and work on the one car. Should change oil in DD's car. This evening we will go to some of DW's relatives for a fish and oyster bake.  They have it every year on their dad's birthday. He passed away almost two years ago but they kept up the tradition.  Right now we have a turkey soaking in some smoke brine and we'll roast that tomorrow.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run today... maybe walk the first mile of my daily run to cut back some of the branches so they don't touch me when they are wet.  

Qotd:  i thought we were day 3 into this weekend?  Today is yard work...leaves and needles.  Tommorrow longish run and housework.  Maybe bowling AS suppose to rain.   Going to turn some of this turkey into enchilldas

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I ran a long flat run in Chincoteague Island.  We were out long enough that it was cold at the start and too warm when we finished. It's hard to dress for long runs with rapid temperature changes.

QOTD : Relaxing in Chincoteague. Walked on beach, watched some football and going to see "It's A Wonderful Life" tonight on the big screen at the local theater.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

Geeze, DD1, sounds like good eating for you!

I had 18 planned today. It is drop dead gorgeous weather. A mile into it my mom called. The garage door spring broke as they closed the garage door behind them...and they found themselves locked out of the house...soooo...I ran back to rescue them. By that time it was too late to start before a 1 pm appointment. I'll run tonight instead. They felt bad about "ruining" my day. I told them they could only ruin my day if they had a medical emergency or died. Everything else is small stuff.

I am trying to make a Christmas tree out of chicken wire, lights and dollar store decorations and garland. I want a tree that is pretty that I can pick up with one hand to put it away. Pretty sure the pic in my mind won't exactly translate into reality!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

runtraildc

Ran a 5k this morning with DS2. It was one of those 'parkruns'-- a free, 5k race they run near the college every Saturday and is something that originated in the UK, I believe. Pretty slick operation-- register to get a barcode, get it scanned at the end, get results a couple of hours later. Better still, it was 15 minutes away and on a nice bike trail through the woods. We'll go back-- it was nice to push myself on speed, something I have a hard time doing on my own, at least for race distances.

qotd: Well, that happened, then met my running group, returned our rental car and picked up our own car from the shop. Did a couple more errands and am now thinking about a nap. Non-stop fun at my house today. We have a neighborhood get together later on, but I'm still deciding how social I really feel today. Nothing planned yet for tomorrow.

Happy Saturday.  Ran 2.5 and walked 2.5, finally kicking the bronchitis!

Queen, I'll be around on both of the weekends in January that you mentioned.  PM me closer to the date and we can trade contact info.

Runtraildc, I've heard of Parkruns, seems like a fun idea.  Free, right?

QOTD: Heading out shortly for the Notre Dame-Stanford football game plus pre-game tailgating with family.  Hoping this is the year ND finally beats Stanford on their home field.  Not holding my breath...  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

A slight revolution today, we were supposed to hike 15 mi today, but everyone but my DD and I were going to bail. So we cut it back to 5 mi and then a few others opted back in. So we did 5 mi.  Again perfect weather and a really nice hike.

Runtraildc, I did a Parkrun in England once. Same barcode system. It was fun. A lot of folks get in to doing lots of them and “collecting” all sorts of different location.

qotd: Back home from the trail. Tomorrow just some chores around the house.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My longish was a super slow 4.5 as I trimmed back some cedar that was closing in my trail.  My bidy is sore this morning from the mt. Iking and than racking a lifting needles all day yesterday.

Gatsby...sounds good ..

Sandy-2

20 mi run this morning, started an hour and a half before dawn.  Felt really good since the weather was perfect, cool, calm winds and less humidity, tee shirt and gloves.

Sights and sounds today: lots of stars and a planet or two, pack of coyotes singing in the distance, swooped upon by the big owl by the start of the 8 mi loop, great grey heron juggling the fish just right for the big gulp, and the gaggle of pelicans off in the distance on the sandbar.

Somehow it's now time to taper again. 

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Sounds like it was one of tjose great runs!!!!

20 mi run this morning, started an hour and a half before dawn.  Felt really good since the weather was perfect, cool, calm winds and less humidity, tee shirt and gloves.

Sights and sounds today: lots of stars and a planet or two, pack of coyotes singing in the distance, swooped upon by the big owl by the start of the 8 mi loop, great grey heron juggling the fish just right for the big gulp, and the gaggle of pelicans off in the distance on the sandbar.

runtraildc

6 slow and easy miles. actually walked the last mile. My legs area  bit fried after pushing it the last week. It was my flat trail along the Bay. Nothing exciting, but it's quiet, flat and kinda mindless.

Yes, and really well organized and low-key. We'll be back. And they just started one near my family's in MN, so may want to go to that while we're visiting over the holidays.

Runtraildc, I've heard of Parkruns, seems like a fun idea.  Free, right?

moonlightrunner

Wow...sounds wonderful!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

QoN and moonlightrunner, yeah it was just one of those cool runs on a calm and still morning. I also didn't see many other runners so I pretty much had it all to myself.

tbd.