Trailer Trash

Freaky Fridaily (Read 26 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It is now Friday.  Hopefully it's your weekend. If it's not and you have to work, I am sorry.  I am looking forward to a long run tomorrow at one of my favorite trail systems.  I fried my legs last night at the gym with a hill run and stairs so we'll see how they hold up during a hilly run tomorrow.  Today=rest.

QOTD: Do you like to grill? And any new and different foods you grill?

We grilled last night, hence the question.  Nothing out of the ordinary last night but in the past we really liked to grill zucchini from the garden (when we had one).

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

It's my weekend to work. So here I sit one hour into a 24 hour shift. Yesterday DW came home from the eye doctor and said the car was shaking and shimmying. Ended up checking that out and found that a brake caliper had seized up.  3 hours of work, a trip to the autoparts store and $300.00 later I have new brakes on the front of the car.................Oh, and no run or ride .  So it looks like I will get a two day rest.

LB2:  Any flooding in your area?

QOTD: I like to grill but don't do it too often.  The last couple of years I've been trying to perfect my barbecue chicken. Only modest results with that. This year I want to do some fish. Last year I was wrapping some taters, squash and onions in aluminum foil and steaming that while doing the chicken.

NorthernHarrier

Doing a little packing of gear as we head back for a week of camping on the Florida gulf coast. Looks like an awesome forecast for the week. Have to drop the dogs off at camp, meet a couple friends for coffee, and then a muddy trail run. Probably 10+ at Donald park. Did some intervals yesterday on the trails of the Arb and it took some effort to get back in the groove.

QOTD--Certainly.  On the back deck we have a decent small gas grill and up at the shack I have a cinder block and grill setup where I cook over a wood fire. That's the best. Mostly just the basics for food, burgers, brats, chicken, veggies, etc.

Question 2--Gas or charcoal or other?

XtremeTaper

Last night the Lady and I ran about 8.5 miles at French Creek. Not one of my normal routes as I wanted something different. I did get something way different. I started off running the Lenape loop (green trail) figured I'd add on and out/back or shorter loop on the Mill Creek trail after closing the loop. Instead, I found an obscure trail shooting northeast off the Mill Creek trail. I remember spotting it once before but couldn't remember exactly where it was located. It's not super obvious and I don't normally run the Mill Creek in the particular direction where it becomes noticeable. So we headed down that trail. I feared it would peter out into nothingness very soon but it continued and while it was not marked or blazed at first it was easy enough to follow, then after a few minutes I did see some old maroon/white spotted blazes on the trees and think I stumbled into an old trail system. It's still getting use, but not overly so. We ran about 30 minutes out/back on the "new" trail and I know about where it was going to end but I spied another trail back there that may require investigation. So that was fun, but I was pushing darkness coming back.

Today's run will be at Coventry Woods. I typically run there on Friday for some reason. 7-9 miles is the plan.

QOTD: Yes, in fact I grilled last night too. Blackened chicken, which I sliced and added to a pasta dish. I typically grill normal stuff like steaks, burgers, chicken, sausage, or hot dogs. Ribs are best slow cooked in the oven or smoker, finished on the grill. I will sometimes foil wrap veggies and cook those on the grill... QOTD: Gas, well it's what I have.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NHLA

8 miles around the mt. It is so nice outside.

qotd  Allways grilling. If you can find a real butcher shop try a Hanger steak or ranchero steak.

below southwestern salsbery  steak

NHLA

southwestern salsbery steaks

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Back is getting better but didn't run...first thing in the morning it's bad but than loosen up...maybe after work but you all know my track record for running after work.      Went out for pizza last night and I think I will be ready for a colonoscopy soon   if ya know what I mean.  Pizza shouldn't do this to you so something was nasty about it.

QOTD: Not big on the grilling since we only eat chicken breast or fish it's actually better..more moist when you pan fry it. 

DD:  Dam you and those cars!!!    you guys need to move to the city and use public transportation.

Jamie:  Skip the long run and spend time with the family. 

XT:  So funj finding new trails.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Looks like no one is taking advantage of warden's STD (scheduled test day) to pile on some mileage.

No run today.  Short run tomorrow and then we have a memorial service to attend for DW's choral director who dies last month. Sunday we'll get in a long run.  Might do a 20 mile rail trail run, and I really don't like those, but DD#2 wants to come along and ride a bike.  We'll see.

Dd1 - This is what we picture when we think what your yard must looks like 

QOTD:  Only have a gas grill now. Had a smoker for years and loved smoked meats.  Wold like to get one of those big egg shaped grills and cook with charcoal or wood chips.  Love the taste. I do most of the grilling, and we grill out all year round.  During the blizzard, I grilled NY strip steaks just for fun.  We do a lot of flank steaks and chicken.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Haha

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Throw in a Bimmer and it's close . Not quite sure how I got so many vehicles. I guess the problem is that I'm waiting for one to die and it just keeps going and DS was supposed to buy the BMW from me after college but instead bought his Audi. I was thinking about selling the BMW but DW fell in love with it.  You know how wimmen are, they need expensive toys .

AT-runner

Tim

Throw in a Bimmer and it's close . Not quite sure how I got so many vehicles. I guess the problem is that I'm waiting for one to die and it just keeps going and DS was supposed to buy the BMW from me after college but instead bought his Audi. I was thinking about selling the BMW but DW fell in love with it.  You know how wimmen are, they need expensive toys .

Sorry to bust your chops, but I had the picture and it seem to fit. Good luck getting everything running again. I haven't worked on a car since my 1980 Pinto since I don't recognize anything under the hood anymore.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

bagge_pants

Happy Friday. I went swimming as cross training for 45 min and swam a mile. I took short rests every 25 yards as I was getting the hang of it again. I alternate between front crawl, breast, side and back stroke. I like the full body work out opposed to just one stroke. 

Will plan on running tomorrow as the weather looks tits and I feel like tearing it up.

QOTD: I do like to grill. I haven't grilled since summer and it was mostly sausages and vegetables with coworkers. Last spring in California I grilled a sting ray I speared. I filleted the wings. It tasted like salmon.

Sandy-2

Did 16 miles this morning. It was cold and 25 deg and a little windy. Felt good though, stayed on the flat hike/bike path.

Tomorrow I plan to go over the local mountain.

Qotd: I like to grill, but can't over here, unless Korean bulgogi in restaurants count. You have to cook it yourself in a little bbq pit in the middle of the table, great stuff!!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL