Trailer Trash

Leaping Mondaily (Read 25 times)

bagge_pants

Every four years were given another day of rest at the end of February.

Plus, I'm still sore from Saturday 

QOTD - do you remember your first pair of running shoes?

For seventh grade my dad took me too big 5 and I bought a pair of Sauconys. That had to be in '95. And the brand was far from popular. I remember the PE teaching trying to get us all to run 20 min. Then one day we had to run 1.25 miles around the school. We all thought it was going to kill us.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It's either an extra day of rest of an extra day to get in some miles.  I am thinking some extra miles tonight but we'll see.  I tweaked my back a bit over the weekend so we'll see what makes the most sense tonight.

QOTD: Nike Air Pegasus in high school for XC.  Loved those shoes.  But talk about narrow - all the complaining we do now about narrow toe boxes - the old air pegasus were super narrow.

Have a great Monday! 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.

The airplane is out of the trees. No more excitement behind my office.  The 87 year old pilot doesn't remember much about the accident.  Soooo, maybe 87 years olds shouldn't being flying airplanes.

QOTD:  My first running was probably done in canvas Chuck's (Converse Chuck Taylor's), but I do remember getting a pair of Waffle Trainer's from Nike in the mid 70's.  Even if you didn't run, you wanted a pair. After that I remember going to  Asics and wore that brand for decades, including all my marathon running days (Kayano's).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

A small snowstorm is on tap for us tonight. I guess our tropical weather will be stopping for a few days. The trails were in real good shape the last several days if you could get out early before they would warm up and turn to mush. Today they are mush so I'll be heading up to Devils Lake to spend a couple hours going up and down the bluffs. Seems like the right thing to do.

QOTD:  My first running was probably done in canvas Chuck's (Converse Chuck Taylor's), but I do remember getting a pair of Waffle Trainer's from Nike in the mid 70's.  Even if you didn't run, you wanted a pair. After that I remember going to  Asics and wore that brand for decades, including all my marathon running days (Kayano's).

QOTD--Ah yes, memories from a whole different era.  As I remember it everything was the old canvas tennis shoe in the early seventies. I think Addidas were maybe the first cool shoes everyone had to have followed by Nike. My first forays into running were done with those early models. Not really running shoes at all. In '81 I became an official runner in my mind by keeping logs and a schedule. The first "official" shoes I had were an early Saucony model, maybe Dixon's or Jazz. I know I also had some early Nike's and Brooks Chariots too.

AT--FWIW the Asics you speak of were probably still called Tiger's back in that time period. Damn good shoes and that's what I primarily ran in back in the 80's. A couple of those early models would rival anything out there today in a more retro look.

LB2

3 to 5 after work. I was beat from a 10 miler and a 9 miler last week, which is really strange to me. When I am getting ready for a long race, I usually run a 10 on Tuesday, 7 on Wednesday, and a 10 on Thursday and feel fine for 20+ on Saturday, with a couple of 5 milers thrown in for good measure. I feel good today, though.

QOTD: I guess the first pair of running shoes I bought were Nike Air Pegasus. But I wasn't really a runner then. I just found them comfortable. The first pair of shoes I bought to actually run in were New Balance 790's. I really like those shoes. I think they were precursors to the MT100's.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

AT--FWIW the Asics you speak of were probably still called Tiger's back in that time period. Damn good shoes and that's what I primarily ran in back in the 80's. A couple of those early models would rival anything out there today in a more retro look.

Yep, had the Red, White and Blue pair that was way too popular.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

5.3 miles last night. I'm hoping the wind slows down one of these days, but not counting on it.

QOTD They were a pair of royal blue Nikes, I think they came from Kinney shoe store in the late 70's.

DigDug2

13.5 on some muddy, thorny trails yesterday - beautiful morning, ran with my sometime Sunday group.  SRD today.

QOTD:  Nike Pegasus is the first pair I can remember, early 80s.  Then a bunch of heavy New Balance shoes - I think they were cheap.

NHLA

8 miles later today. qotd addidas raceing flats.Spikes and cinder tracks. They didn't make running shoes back then. I ran in tretorn tennis shoes. I remember when the first running shoes with cushion came out. Saucony with triangles on bottom.
                    Gator eye

6 in before the storm tonight

QOTD: whatever came out of the bargain bin at K-mart. My second pair were leather combat boots. Those boots gave me shin splints from hell.

XtremeTaper

Back from FL after 3 weeks of operation "avoid winter". Drove back on Saturday... just under 1,000 miles back home from FL. We made good time... 17.5 hours including food, fuel, and dog breaks.

Yesterday, I ran 13 miles or so at French Creek. Very mild weather for late February. Must have been some crazy weather here last week as many portions of trail were washed out and down to bare dirt and rocks. Given that I've been running mostly flat FL trails the past few weeks, and given the fact most of my hydration pre-run was coffee, the run was a bit of bonkfest by the end but hey I am just 2 weeks out from my 12 hour so good enough.

Today. Something after work with the Lady at Coventry Woods. I need to reacquaint myself with some hills.

QOTD: Chuck Taylor low tops, for basketball in 6th grade.

A few dog photos from the beach at Sanibel Island..

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a6dc03b3127cceeb39c68e725a00000030O00BYuGbdo1YtQe3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00501547381020160222150706450.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a6dc03b3127cceeb3903f632d800000030O00BYuGbdo1YtQe3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00501547381020160222152009198.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hey...I got up at five and cleaned the carpets then got 5.66 on the trail.  One bug landed on my tongue and I was able to spit it out which is rare usually I inhale them... later in inhaled one that lingered close to my blow hole so I was gagging and choking for a mile or so until it clear.  Same bug?

QOTD:  Yes Nikes.  The blue tennis shoe with the yellow swipe, they may have been Pegasus .  Our school colors were blue and gold.  I wore Pegasus for many many many years...decades even.

AT:  My Dad flew for awhile and than was building his own plane...that was the scary part!!  Thank goodness he never finished it.

XR:  pre-run coffee and the rest of the day..beer?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head out for 6-7 miles on the road.

QOTD: Wow.  Nike Air Pegasus sure were popular. They were my first pair of real running shoes as well.  For trail running it was a little different.  Shortly after I got married I had bought a pair of "sneakers" from Boscov's. This was back in the early 90's when they actually had a good selection of footwear.  Didn't use them much and they laid around the house until 2011 when I started running trails. I thought they would be good on the trails since they were a little heavier and seemed sturdy. I think they lasted about 2-3 short runs on our rocky PA trails and I had shredded them.  Replaced them with a pair of Cascadia 5s.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this evening

qotd: my first pair of real running shoes were Montrail Mtn Masochists- used them backpacking and eventually (years later) running. I'm a late bloomer 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Latecomer to the party today.  Another rest day.  My very bruised right quad is still a bit sore from the double whammy a few days ago.   Cross trained instead, lots of walking.

qotd:  Must be that Nike Pegasus were our only shoe options for the 80s..  Started out in Tretorn tennis shoes like NHLA and had shin splints on a regular basis.  In college, I bought my first pair of Pegasus and ran in those for at least a decade.