Trailer Trash

la weekender (Read 23 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

sounds a little more high class w/ the la 

5.5 miles with Tiny E on the trails, loop has one really tough climb at the beginning- warm one again today, but we got started early enough it wasn't too bad

racers this weekend?  I think NH may be racing out of state this weekend

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

9 morning miles with a runner friend I have not seen in a year. Introduced her to Old Woman and my favourite rock. It was a beautiful morning. I ran 7 of the 9 in my new running footwear....Shanna Warriors. I love them, but it will take time to get used to them.

Warden: that Tiny Elvis is a tough little guy. What a great companion.

No race for me. I have a 50 miler in September and the Frozen Otter in January. After those races I am retiring my less than illustrious racing career.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

6.5 or 7 miles today. I have been using my phone to track my distance lately, but I just hit the “Pause” or “End” button too often by accident, and then lose track without noticing it. I think I might just switch back to running by landmarks, that’s just about as accurate. I am  definitely not an electronics person.

Some more spring flowers jumping up around, but the green is still reluctant. Barely any trees with leaves coming out. My guess is, 2 weeks late, maybe more.

QOTD: Not that I know of. A buddy of mine (the RD of the Tussey Mountainback) will be running the Eager Seeger Half Marathon, part of the Tussey Teaser Series, on June 17 to raise at least $1,000 for an organization in our county which provides free medical care to people in need. I am going to make a donation, and me and my kids will definitely be there to cheer him on.

Run for fun.

18.5 miles today, including a few with my RC.

Warden, a friend sometimes brings her chihuahua/dachshund/?? rescue doggie to our weekly RC runs.  That little guy is zooming all over the place, ends up doing twice what we run, I'm sure.  Made me think of tiny E.

Moonlight, I haven't heard of Shanna Warriors.  Trail shoes?

Bert-o, you have a race coming up, I believe, but not this weekend?  Maybe next?

QOTD: following up on Warden's racing comment and moonlight's post, any goal race(s) this year?  I've got Tahoe Rim Trail 50 in July.  My 2nd 50.  Doing some races for training runs leading up to TRT.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

FYTC- have you used the free training log here?  you can easily map a course out by doing a "new course"- shows you the distance and elevation profile

I'll map a route out, name it and then save it- next time I run it- simply scroll through my routes and click on it and it fills in the distance, just have to put the time in (if you want to)

I've found it to be very accurate, just about spot on w/ gps tracker

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Gatsby- that would be a Chiweenie   Elvis would love to meet him/her

the Bob Marshall Open is always my goal "race"- always a tough test, this year will be more so than years past due to the sheer volume of snow

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

Gatsby: Shamma Warriors are running sandals. Very thin. I won't be running technical trails in them...at least for a while. They are thinner than my five fingers.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Currently in dead last place on the race of getting chores done!   Thoroughly lacking motivation!  Long run planned tomorrow but since I will have Jack that means 16 tops.  It’s cooled down so he should be good.

• Oh warden “La” simple pleasures of life.  

Gatsby...I need to google that Tahoe training run for dates...want something at end of June.

Moonlight:  no idea how you guys run in those sandals every step must be planned and well placed I assume.

Qotd:  no race but goal race is my Hood 50 miler also my second 50 miler ...still on wait list for a 100 but less sure about that than I am my new retirement date.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Just a quick drop in.

Gatspy / QOTD - goal race for now is week after next.  Hope to get 85 at Montour 24.  I will also be racing Daydreamer at the smorgasbord.  Stretching the gut right now :-)

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Queen of Nothing

Sue

With the training you have done I am guessing 100... no pressure... don't wan,t you hiding n the porta potty to reach it ! 

Just a quick drop in.

Gatspy / QOTD - goal race for now is week after next.  Hope to get 85 at Montour 24.  I will also be racing Daydreamer at the smorgasbord.  Stretching the gut right now :-)

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

I ran today...  first run since last Saturday.  Did 7 mi, but that included a mile or two of walking.  Hip feels ok, but the hamstring is kinda mushy.

bert-o, is the run on a flat loop?  I think with your training miles you’ll do great!!!

moonlight, those things sound like ancient Greek leather sandals. Do they come with wings?

qotd: The Bear in Sept. I hope this hamstring-hip thing is cured by then.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

XtremeTaper

LA weekender. I lived there for a few years. Office was right 3-4 blocks down from venice beach which meant free beach parking when I was so inclined. I had to get out of that place though.

Short 5.5 miles Friday and yesterday. Ran out at French Creek yesterday looking for orchid sign. There was none yet. A bit too early with this cold spring. 75 yesterday, 50 today. I am heading out in a few for 5-7 miles out at the lake. Depends how I feel.

I believe GC100k is doing the Iron Masters Challenge today in PA. It won't be hot like last year.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Got in only 4 miles yesterday with the group. Thought I might fit another run in, but it ended up being a very busy day (who knew kids could be so draining?!!).

And Bert-- Smorgasbord is a word I don't hear often, but I attribute to northern WI and MN 'supper club. One by my grandparents advertised their 'smorgasbord' dinner with a viking them.  'Buffet' sounds so mundane, in comparison.

Just a quick drop in.

No race. It was cold and very windy this morning on my walk. Made me glad I passed on the local club's road race.

AT-runner

Tim

Short runs continue. Did a run/hike today with DW and DS in the cool woods. Did not see anyone else out there today, which is very odd for a Spring time Sunday.

QOTD:  DNS - Montour 24 in 2 weeks .  Don't know if I'll enter anything until I see how the next month shakes out with my health.  If I rebound, then I'd like to do a 24 hr later in the year.  Plus there's a little trip to CO that we'd love to do if we can work it out.

I think GC100K is doing Ironmasters 50K today.  I'm not volunteering this year.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

10.6 miles hither and yon today.  Finished the week with 45.6 miles, 3250' elevation gain.

GC100k, hope your race went well!

Queen, the TRT training run is on June 10.  I might try to get up to Tahoe for a run on June 30/July 1 too.

Moonlight, I think I'm too klutzy to run in sandals.  Or maybe sandals makes one a more careful runner?

AT, nice pics.  Looks lovely and lush and green.

Bert-o, smorgasbord, lol.  Perfect description of some ultra aid stations.  Glad you're on top of your training for that part.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR