Trailer Trash

Fat Fridaily (Read 22 times)

AT-runner

Tim

I'm trying to cut back on sugar, and then a patient brought in donuts all decorated in green for St. Patrick's Day.  I have no self control. 

No run today.  Long run planned for tomorrow.  In one week we head south to our timeshare on Hilton Head Island for a week. We go every year to visit DW's rapidly aging parent's, who moved down there to a retirement community (Sun City) 15 years ago.   I'm going to find Spring one way or another!

Happy St. Patrick's Day.  We'll be at our local Irish Pub drinking a Guinness or three. My bother is coming up, and that could be trouble. We've closed many a pub together.

QOTD:  How is your current weight?  I'm about 8 pounds over where I usually am this time of year. Slow recovery with knee and now Lyme has slowed down my running, but not my eating.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Ran Wednesday night, yoga yesterday and heading out for 5 or 6 at noon today. Wishing the wind would die down. It has been relentless, but then my sister in new england woke to more snow this morning so I better watch what I complain about. A few of my early daffodils are blooming and it looks as if the magnolias around the neighborhood are getting ready. Love spring.

AT- we're looking at a SC beach trip around Charleston or Savannah for a few days before Easter. Any suggestions to low key areas/towns with nature and fewer people?

qotd: Not good. winter was not kind. Nor is age. And those green donuts sound delicious.

AT-runner

Tim

AT- we're looking at a SC beach trip around Charleston or Savannah for a few days before Easter. Any suggestions to low key areas/towns with nature and fewer people?

Sent you a PM.

muppy

2.2 running and walking miles yesterday. First time I’ve tried to run since Thanksgiving!

QOTD Not good,  240 pounds, lack of activity over the winner and eating like a pig did me in.  Ideally I would like to get down to 215.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Still stuffy, but at least I'm starting to feel better.  Today might hold a bike ride this afternoon.  We'll see.

AT - I had donuts for breakfast too!  Breakfast of champions!

QOTD: Doing okay.  I'm about 3 pounds above where I'd like to be at.  You may laugh at my 3 pounds, but as a smaller person I feel each and every one of them!  Of course, I'm routinely about 3 pounds above where I'd like to be, so this is pretty normal for me.  

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

I got off the Lady's shit list last night by taking her out for a run. Just a short 5+ miles out on the local trail. Not as windy yesterday here finally. Eventually spring will get here. Will do a similar distance today, plus weights at the gym.

QOTD: Somehow I am on the low end of my normal weight, low 180's (more like my summer weight), and my mileage has been cut from 40-70mpw to 20-40mpw since forever it seems. I blame it all on lack of ice cream. Unfortunately the lower weight is not making me speedier like it used to.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

2.2 running and walking miles yesterday. First time I’ve tried to run since Thanksgiving!

QOTD Not good,  240 pounds, lack of activity over the winner and eating like a pig did me in.  Ideally I would like to get down to 215.

Welcome back!  How's the foot?

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Got the doctor's ok to get back to work again, just have to take it easy on the finger. Yeah, sure. Buddy taping does not work in gloves when you have to change them every 2 minutes. 

So I'm doing the "extreme clopen", close at 10:30 p.m. today and open at 5 a.m. tomorrow. "Extreme" because Friday and Saturday we close an hour later than during weekdays. Hey, I really feel healthy now.

Tried to convince myself to head out into the snowflakes, but then decided to dye my hair instead. Vanity, my never-failing motivation crusher. 

AT: Sounds yummy with the donuts. Worth all loss of self-control.

Taper: Same happens to me when I run less. Unfortunately it seems to be loss of muscle mass, but at least not being replaced by body fat.

QOTD: See above. About 8-10 lbs less than I had when I was at my peak of running (in 100-mile shape). Need to run more and cut my hair!

However, maybe not run on THIS trail:

This trail in a forest in Germany collapsed after heavy rainfall.

But, on the bright side, healthy living and running does not guarantee you a longer life:

Enjoy another nice wintery day, runners!

Run for fun.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

muppy - Nice!  We all start somewhere.  The important thing is to start.

AT - Nothing wrong with closing a pub with Guinness family.  Enjoy!

FTYC - What color?  Glad the finger is better too.

It's also windy as heck here.  22 mpw.  Will head into the woods on trail this evening for 6 or 7.  Hearing creaking trees around you is always fun.

QOTD:  I'm a few pounds lighter than normal for this time of year.  Normally, I go into winter hibernation, but this year I've been able to keep consistently at about 50 mpw.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

muppy

Welcome back!  How's the foot?

Not as good as I would like. The surgery spot is all better But there is a lot of swelling yet which aggravates the nerves,which is rather painful at times.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tiny Elvis and I had an interesting outing yesterday evening; the evening before I pointed out to my DW a very steep ridge just to the south of where we were. I commented that would be a really challenging uphill and pointed out a trail in the snow that someone was using it.

Soooo... Tiny E and I were up to a challenge, so gave it a go. Funny how things are, but it was even steeper than it looked from afar. Also the trail “someone” was using was elk and elk don’t do a good job of packing their trails, so we post holed in 1-2 feet of snow- a lot!  Now Tiny E only weighing 10 lbs, didn’t post hole as near as much as I did, BUT when he did- he was often above his head in snow.  About half way up I noticed Tiny sniffing a bunch- hmmm fresh lion tracks. About 2/3 rds of the way up a rear leg of a mule deer- still even had a little meat on it. Tiny liked this, enough so he tried packing it- a 10 lb leg is a little difficult for a 10 lb dog, so he reluctantly gave up. After a small eternity, we made it to the top (about 2 miles and a little over a 1000’ of gain) and caught a trail down that was actually beat down a little. Sometimes miles don’t tell the whole story 

strength training this evening

qotd: about 180 which is pretty close to where I usually am; more to do with calories burned vs ingested, as I get no shortage of calories!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Bert-o: A medium auburn, kind of a dark reddish brown. Gotta cover the grays, ya know.

muppy - Nice!  We all start somewhere.  The important thing is to start.

AT - Nothing wrong with closing a pub with Guinness family.  Enjoy!

FTYC - What color?  Glad the finger is better too.

It's also windy as heck here.  22 mpw.  Will head into the woods on trail this evening for 6 or 7.  Hearing creaking trees around you is always fun.

QOTD:  I'm a few pounds lighter than normal for this time of year.  Normally, I go into winter hibernation, but this year I've been able to keep consistently at about 50 mpw.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 7 with the group this morning...thought for sure it was going to be snow this morning since on my way home last night it was accumulating, but no all gone.

QOTD:  Losing 5 pounds would make me happy.  Losing 10 would be out of this world!  Of course I would be thinner than I have been most my life so it ain't happening.  Should we start a fat thread?

AT:  Eat the donut, it's green it has to be good for you.  The DH hasn't drank all week so thinking we won't be doing anything for Patty's day.  Although that was our first date 26 years ago.

runtrailDC:  Our daffodils always pop up only to be snowed on.

Muppy: Hi welcome back

XT:  Short 5   wish they had a laughing face.

FTYC:  Hope the finger heals soon...I don't know how to communicate without giving someone the finger. 

Warden:  OMG you did not get a picture for us of Tiny E carrying that leg or at lest the post holing?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

warden - That's quite the little adventure!  I'm with Queen and would love to see Tiny E with a deer leg is his mouth.

FTYC - One of my older sisters commented on my salt and pepper hair.  And she bragged that she's now the only sibling without any gray.  I may have to follow your lead just to spite her.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I went natural 12 years ago...so freeing....

FTYC - One of my older sisters commented on my salt and pepper hair.  And she bragged that she's now the only sibling without any gray.  I may have to follow your lead just to spite her.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄