Trailer Trash

Haircut Tuesdailies (Read 20 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

4 on trail last night, will go for 7 on trail tonight.  Watched part of the Boston marathon last night, but then got tired.  Will watch the rest tonight.  As much as I feel bad for everyone, those are the conditions that really bring out character, IMO.  Love it when the underdogs push through!

QOTD:  Do you get your haircut at the same place and/or the same person?  Or random places?  Do you have a family member do it for your or even do it yourself?

I don't trust DW with sharp things around my head , so I've been going to the same person for over 8 years now.  He's a young chinese guy, and he doesn't speak very fluent english, but he always does a good and consistent job.  He put my number in his phone, so I can call or text him directly to make an appointment.  When I told him my name, he misinterpreted "Bert" as "Tony".  How that could possibly happen I have no idea.  But for 8 years now, I've been known to him as Tony, because I never bothered to correct him.  It's only a haircut after all. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

XtremeTaper

No run last night as I had to finish my taxes plus the weather sucked donkey balls. Well, really not that bad compared to other places but still. Plan for today is planet of fitness routine at lunch, 5-6 miles this evening on the local trail.

Rainy run yesterday in Boston. I watched the last 30 minutes a second time. Desi and Yuki seemed to thrive while others melted. I thought Yuki was one of those crackpot glory seekers with his start but no he stayed with the pack then crushed them in the rain.

QOTD: Bill the barber. Hopefully he never retires, as I hate finding a new barber. Been going there for a dozen years ever since Elmer retired. The last few times at Elmer's shop were a bit dicey. I started passing on the eyebrow trim. Yikes.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

rain and cold yesterday evening, so bagged the hills and strength trained instead

will hit the trails with Tiny E after work today

qotd: when we lived in Miles City, a friend of DW’s cut my hair for over 20 years; since we’ve moved I’ve been using Great Clips- rarely get the same person, but for the most part they do pretty good

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Rainy run yesterday in Boston. I watched the last 30 minutes a second time. Desi and Yuki seemed to thrive while others melted. I thought Yuki was one of those crackpot glory seekers with his start but no he stayed with the pack then crushed them in the rain.

Yuki is a bit of a maverick and outlaw in Japan because he isn't part of the corporate marathon mania there. Also because he races so frequently.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

May or may not run tonight...in extreme taper mod  plus this cold thing no need to push...as couch pointed out once I am kinda a lazy runner.  Will go to the gym at lunch though.

QOTD:  Ever since I moved out of the city I don't care that much about my hair...I used to go to the same person and she would cut and color my hair...took over 2 hours and cost around $140.  Moved to a community where the norm is to be natural so stopped coloring and cutting for awhile...now I go to a runner friend and she only charges $18...which is unheard of for woman.  She had a talk to me about being friends even after a bad cut and I assured her I really am not that attached to my hair.

Hey Tony you here for a hair cut! 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

No run yet today, but will get out for  an easy 4 miles during swimming this afternoon. Still cold today, but tomorrow is looking especially spring like. Decided to do some chores this morning instead of running, to gear up for tomorrow.

I watched the last 10 minutes of Des and Yuki's race yesterday, live on facebook. Meaning, watched some guy's tv that he propped his phone up to face, and then streamed it live over facebook. It was awesome on so many levels.

qotd: Same person for maybe 15 years or more.It's hard to believe that, but probably so. I have fine, very straight hair and a fair amount of it so it is surprisingly difficult to cut well. And it is not cheap, but when I've gone that route, it ended up looking like I trimmed it myself without a mirror, while drunk.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Yuki is a bit of a maverick and outlaw in Japan because he isn't part of the corporate marathon mania there. Also because he races so frequently.

What he's done doesn't sound human....

"Yuki holds plenty of other world records too, including the most sub 2hr 12min marathons by one person: 25 of them. He also has the world record for the most sub 2hr 20min marathons: an astonishing 79."

And he's only 31.

3/17 - NYC Half

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Hey Tony you here for a hair cut! 

Ha!  Perfect impression!

3/17 - NYC Half

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

What he's done doesn't sound human....

"Yuki holds plenty of other world records too, including the most sub 2hr 12min marathons by one person: 25 of them. He also has the world record for the most sub 2hr 20min marathons: an astonishing 79."

And he's only 31.

Interesting that Bill Rogers was an influence in getting him to Boston. Rogers was also known for racing a lot, though not quite that many marathons.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Gatsby:  https://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=56981&refcode=B8LCD5EG&fb_action_ids=2188449417832210&fb_action_types=og.shares

Thanks!  I signed up. You have any interest in joining?  Valerie in NV, you around the weekend of June 10th?  I’m already signed up for Bishop High Sierra 50k on June 2nd and a 50k in Maine on Memorial Day weekend. Couldn’t resist. Good thing the TRT training run mileage is flexible.

Hi to all. Rest day yesterday, running something easy today after work.

QOTD: Been going to the same person for about 20 years. She knows what I like: no fuss cut, goes in a pony tail for running, and hides the (increasing) gray hairs.  It doesn’t look expensive but it is.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Bert-o

I lost my rama

3/17 - NYC Half

Sandy-2

I have taken 3 straight days off. Hip feels really good, I’ll get up and run tomorrow.  My boat ride through the fjord was amazing!!!  Water, boat, mountain, crisp clean air... I was in absolute heaven, (or maybe Valhalla).  I’ll try to load some photos tomorrow, for some reason imgur isn’t cooperating at the moment.

Cool results at Boston yesterday. I was talking to a Japanese guy at dinner today and he was quite surprised that I even knew who Kawauchi was no less some of his background info, or that I was happy he won.

qotd: Debbie at Vissible Changes cuts my hair. Been going to her for about 15 years, she’s like one of the family now.

Edit to add some photos, it was hard doing the mt smile in such a setting.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I have taken 3 straight days off. Hip feels really good, I’ll get up and run tomorrow.  My boat ride through the fjord was amazing!!!  Water, boat, mountain, crisp clean air... I was in absolute heaven, (or maybe Valhalla).  I’ll try to load some photos tomorrow, for some reason imgur isn’t cooperating at the moment.

Which fjord was that? I spent a couple weeks in Norway on vacation one year and took a couple ferries across fjords. Wondering if we were in the same area since Bergen was one of the places we stayed.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Sandy-2

wc, cool I really wish I had more time here. We went along the Nærøyfjord to Aurlandsfjorden. Got the boat in Gudvangen and went to Flam. Then took the famed Flam railroad up from the fjord to Myrdal.  The last photo was taken from the rail car. We were lucky since the railway was closed for a few days due to an avalanche, but it opened just when we arrived there, otherwise it would have been a long bus ride out in another direction.

As everyone else has said Norway is a great place. Come visit, but it ain’t cheap  Trail runners and ultra runners won’t feel out of place here. And Queen, I have friends here who love to travel out of the country so they can get cheap booze. When they go out for the evening they usually spend time nipping at their flasks or private bottle in the car (of course the drivers don’t partake).

tbd.