Trailer Trash

Humpdaily! (Read 34 times)

Occasional Runner

Good morning Trailers!

I took the puppy out for 6 mountain miles this morning. It's WARM here today, about 45 and still dark out. I'm not sure if winter is ever going to happen.

Not sure if I'll get to run tomorrow because we have a super early flight to Louisiana. Maybe I'll get up at 1:00 AM for a run and sleep on the plane.

QOTD: Christmas is 3 WEEKS AWAY! Have you started your shopping yet?

I haven't done anything at all yet, and I'm beginning to stress about it.

Sandy-2

I did 6 miles up and down the big hill. I guess it was about 35*F. Very windy in spots, but nice in among the trees.

qotd: no shopping yet. Gonna be a bit crazy this year with me traveling back home on the 23rd.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

I'll get 3 to 5 after work again today, with the dog.

QOTD: Yes. We are pretty much done except for a few odds and ends. My wife is a proactive shopper.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

well Hallelujah- we've climbed above 0 this morning!!!!!   will hit the trail this evening w/ headlamp for 6-ish; no great revelation, but running in snow is hard- my 50-ish minute route is now 70-ish minutes

qotd: a little bit, still have some to go- we do a lot of gift cards so it's not too bad

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Run around the office hood at lunch time.  Then stop by the local rescue mission to drop off some donated money.  I raised over $1000 for growing my beard, now I have to keep it until 12/31.  XT and T&C got to see my John M look.  For some reason, it grew in white this time.  Not sure what that means.

Lace - Never taunt winter, it always bites back.

Sandy - Thought you'd be in metric mode by now.  10k run and 1*C.

LB2 - all recovered yet?

warden - Enjoy the thaw.

QOTD:  We did some yesterday, and some on Monday.  Oldest 2 kids are flying home from Oregon, so anything they get has to be shipped to them or packable for plane.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  Yesterday ended up 3 fast miles on the treadmill with a much needed yoga class.  Today will be 5 or 6 while the kiddos are swimming.  The rain is finally over and it is supposed to be a nice day.  Could use some sun.

qotd:  Mostly.  We keep it pretty simple so it is pretty easy and relatively stress-free.  DH and I have been shopping for months to replace items in the garage, so it seems as if the holidays came early this year.

NorthernHarrier

Worked on some pace, tempo, and form while running my 10k road loop (since trail runners run 10k's on the road I read) . Not where I need to be in terms of turnover so I will embrace the work ahead. I'll do some instant weights and head to work now.

AT--Keep the beard. I've had my scraggly mess for a year now. Mostly grey/white with splotches of dark. It's a sign of wisdom, sophistication, and culture. Honest. (or lack of)

QOTD- Nope. I hate Christmas.

LB2

LB2 - all recovered yet?

Yes. I am good. I don't know if I shared this or not, but I developed Cellulitis in my right shin after (during) Pinhoti. I noticed some shin pain that was different at around mile 75. I just figured it was something related to the different strains I was putting on my legs because I don't live in the mountains. Then, I crashed into some boulders coming into the aid station at mile 86. The next day, I noticed a rather large red spot on my shin that hurt. I figured maybe it was some sort of weird bruising that hadn't turned blue or black yet. One of the nursing instructors came in and asked how I was doing and wanted to look at my legs and feet. She said, "Hmmm. It looks like you have Cellulitis. You need to go to the doctor..." She was right. So, the doctor put me on some antibiotics. A few days later everything was doing well. It took about three weeks to work out all the soreness.

Anyway, early in the race, I slipped off the trail and skinned up my shin. That trail is narrow, and you are right on the side of the mountain. In some areas you can get too close to the edge and slip off. I guess some bacteria got in there, and apparently, it works quickly. I am just glad it wasn't flesh eating bacteria.

LB2

After not running much while in Florida, Marley and I got out for a nice 4 mile trail run here this morning.  My back gave me some problems in Florida and I was generally lazy so I only got a couple very short runs in.  I did have a nice bike ride with my daughter and son in law while I was there though.

QOTD: No, not yet.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Yikes, LB!  I'm glad the nurse caught it before it got worse.

The dog and I ran 6 miles last night...on the road...with an iPod...where's my intervention?    Today is a SRD.

QOTD: I don't have to do any shopping; we don't exchange Christmas gifts.

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Probably going to put some more time in on the trainer and the elliptical although I might run after dark.

QOTD: Like NH I hate the Christmas season. I'd be happy to follow Mandy's lead and not exchange any gifts.  But all that aside, our shopping is mostly done for the year. Thank God!!!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nothing yet...it was a storming last night...winds gushing and rain a falling so I stayed in bed.  I also never ran yesterday so really, really need to run tonight!    I saw Lace started the thread and I was thinking that f$cker was up at 3AM running no matter what; then he post about maybe getting up at 1AM to run before a flight to LA in which he is running a hundy race.  What drives you man?  and are you like this in every aspect of your life?

QOTD:  No and I don't.   I did put up my silver 50s Christmas tree.

NH:  It's laziness...the beard that is. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Took the Lady out for 6.5 miles of rain and mud infused trail running at Green Lane during the lunch hour. Looks like the slop is back after last week's snow and this week's rain. All the little creeks were flowing with water and the spots that are usually muddy are back to being that way again. We've had pretty dry trail conditions most of the summer and fall so it was a bit noticeable today. Not that I mind it. Sort of fun splashing around. Guess I better get used to getting wet, muddy, and toweling off the beast again. Thankfully the Lady is a short hair and cleans up quickly.

QOTD: Nope. Don't plan to do much honestly. I put a halt to family gifts a few years back. The chance to get together is gift enough.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Gator eye

Took a rest day, it was cold outside and the bed was warm. Nuff said.

QOTD : Baahumbug.

some call me Tim

ugh, I was ill this AM for an as yet unknown reason but things seemed to have cleared up by afternoon so I got in 4 muddy miles. I'd really love it if things would stay frozen.

qotd: I've started, but I'm nervous about not finishing it online in time and having to spend time in stores with Christmas music and angry people. I actually like Christmas music (!) and I don't like reinforcing negative associations