Trailer Trash

Sunny Sundaily! (Read 29 times)

Occasional Runner

Another beautiful day down south. Jo and I are heading back to Utah today after 10 days of roaming and running in this awesome weather. It'll be nice to be home because I miss my dog.

I ran 101.8 miles in 19:43...good enough for 9th overall. Lot's a fast people down here in Texas. I thought I was definitely running in the top 5, but I'll take it.

QOTD: What product do you use for chaffing?

I normally use Body Glide, but forgot to bring it on this trip. OUCH!

some call me Tim

Congrats, man! I continue to live vicariously through you.

Maybe 10 on the docket for today- see how the achilles holds up. Our family was gonna go on a group hike but my 7 year old had a meltdown and so I suddenly have a whole bunch of extra time :/

qotd: It used to be 2toms, but the last few months I've been using a product called ChafeX, which isn't a lubricant. They claim it bonds to the skin and acts like another (slightly slippery) layer, wearing off instead of washing off- I've been super happy with the results so far... even put it on a day in advance and had the same results.

Not trying to be the cream pusher here, but if anybody wants to give it a whirl you can currently get a tube of it for $5 shipping. Go to chafex.com and use the code INTRO14FB

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Sunshine?  What's that?  Nice job on the race, Kelly!  9th OA is still awesome and that's a sweet looking buckle.

I ran 7.4 road miles today with no sunshine to be seen all weekend.  Fuck off, winter. 

QOTD: I have one small tube of Hydropel left.  Apparently they stopped making it.  That stuff was the best.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Coffee right now.. Then I'm going to make some french toast.  Don't know where that craving came from.  Then Earl and I are going run 9 on one of my favorite trails.  Runs high above the Yuba river in the woods with view spots.  It's been raining for a week so the river should be flowing.

Qotd:  I don't chaff, at least not enough to bother lubing.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

I ran 10...started at 0330. The plan as 10 on the bike path, 15 at the state park. Due to intestinal issues I canceled the 15. Will try to get it in later if symptoms abate. I have chronic problems when I run anyway, it was just worse today.

Qotd: I have not had many problems like that, so o carry nothing.

Congrats, Lace!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

Hard to believe that just yesterday I posted how the ground was frozen solid.  Well our high temperature yesterday was 45 degrees and that was at 11:59pm.  Then It was 50 degrees when I woke up this morning. So today's run was a real mudfest on a mix of trails and logging roads.  Stopped no less than 5 times to kick off mud from my shoes.  Ended up with 12 miles, but felt like I ran longer due to the extra effort.

Hunting season is over, and all the logging gates are closed, so I'm a very happy camper. No more looking over my shoulder waiting to be run over by a speeding kid driving a Jeep.

QOTD:  Not a real issue for me anymore.  Used to have a problem and would use Body Glide, but after decades of running in sweaty clothes, my skin probably just adapted in some Darwinian way.  As in Survival of the not-so-fittest. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Well my waffling is over. I committed or maybe should be committed as I just pulled the trigger on the Ice Age 50k. What an adventure as the runrace registration site crashed. Pretty shoddy operation I'm thinking but it's done and now I have to start losing weight as that will be my training priority. 

Up at my shack watching snow melt with some pea soup fog. About to head out on the roads for a run as just a trial trek around my land on snowshoes tells me that's a no go in this warmth.

QOTD-Still have a little glide somewhere. That works good enough for me.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

NorthernHarrier - hope to see you at IAT. I'm also in for the 50K. That was a very frustrating registration process.

QOTD - rarely have a problem so I don't apply anything. Once or twice a year I regret that.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NorthernHarrier

NorthernHarrier - hope to see you at IAT. I'm also in for the 50K. That was a very frustrating registration process.

That is awesome. I was a little worried with the messed up site you might have probs but I'm glad you persevered. Look forward to seeing you there. Good stuff.

Daydreamer1

Got in 6 on the road this afternoon. First outside run in two weeks. Legs felt miserable.

QOTD: I rarely have this problem when running, but when I do I use a little dab of bag balm. Mostly because that's what I have for on the bike and it works great there. Seems to work OK for running as well. I had used something like bodyglide because I got it in a race packet. It was OK but not as good as the bag balm.  Currently I only chafe with my one pair of compression shorts so I only use them on short runs.

runtraildc

Late arrival to the party today.  I waffled all day about a run, but finally got out for 4.5 miles around the neighborhood.  I really could use some sunshine.  All these days of overcast grey are getting tiresome.

Harrier-- did you get that new springer yet?

qotd:  don't really chafe, but I am finding the responses quite interesting.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Wow, I was gone for the afternoon and it looks like you guys crashed runrace.net trying to register for Ice Age.  Way to go!  I'm not surprised, honestly. I also wouldn't be surprised if that race went to a lottery soon.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

congrats Lace!

got 6-ish miles yesterday evening- slush city, was just right between rain and snow; got 14 in this afternoon- the rain turned solidly into snow last night and obliviated the slush 

qotd: body glide for me, don't leave home w/o it 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Harrier-- did you get that new springer yet?

It doesn't sound like it will happen though I still hold out a little hope. They badly wanted to keep it within the family and one of the peeps was trying to rearrange her living situation to be able to take the pup. I understand of course but in my selfish thinking I believe that dog could have Springer heaven in my household. As I type this I have two Springers sleeping at my feet after running all over my property up here. The dude in my avatar is almost 14 now, totally deaf but luckily he knows the land here well as I was having a hard time staying with him this afternoon in the snow.  Yup, Springer heaven, oh well!        

I've got two other friends with older Springers and I know they would jump at the chance for that pup too. There's just something about that breed that grabs a hold of you. I know you know that yourself.   (even with all that hair everywhere, LOL)

Sandy-2

Congrats Kelly. Any gator encounters?

It's Monday here, which means a SRD for me. Popping over to Shanghai for a few days, but of course I brought my stuff. Gonna get a few flat miles in this week.

Qotd: Bodyglide.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL